Flaming Cliffs 2024

I updated to 2.9.6 Today.

I previously owned FC3 and all three new Jets to FC 2024 as Individual Aircraft (F-86F, MiG-15, and F-5E Tiger II) - so No need to Upgrade to FC 2024 

Upgrade went OK except it ATE my Original F-86 (my Mig-15 and F-5E came thru Fine - All OK).     None of the F-86 Setting and Control Options were Working - even though I could see them still programmed correctly.

Checking Saved Games DCSW - Config - Input - now Created Two separate F-86 Folders (F-86F and F-86 Sabre, WTFO ?????).     I tried mixing and matching and swapping between them to no Avail.

DCS Repair thru Command Prompt was not working.

Uninstalled F-86 Module and now it doesn't Reinstall ???

Reverting to 2.9.5 and with an Older Saved Games DCS Folder.

May try Upgrading Again and see how things Go.

Want my SabreJet Back - Got MiGs to Kill !

===========================================

Continued:

Went back to 2.9.5 (and previous Saved Games Folder) - All OK and F-86 Working correctly Now; except Module Manager looks (red icons) like it want me to upgrade/download FC 2024 Jets (but I already own them individually).

Another DCSW Installation (separate PC) I had did upgrade from FC3 to FC2024 perfectly OK.

Looks like the Problems updating to 2.9.6 are folks like me who own the Individual Jets (F-86, MiG-15, and F-5E) already, but aren't upgrading to FC-2024 ???????

===============================================================

Update:    25-July-204

Tried Updating DCSW Again to 2.9.6.57650 to 2.9.6.58056

All OK except FC3 F-86 and Su-25 - Both those Aircraft lost all their Settings.  But unlike the Earlier (above) F-86 Update Failure where settings were all still there showing correctly, but aircraft was totally not responding (Dead Duck) - Here the Settings were simply Erased, and the Fix was to go in and Re-program all the Controls and Settings.     

All is Well Now - but wish Update to 2.9.6+ would have gone easier !

Edited by Igor4U

On 7/11/2024 at 10:01 PM, SignorMagnifico said:

I am also experiencing this problem. Why have my purchases been taken from me? I have owned these on Steam since February 2014. Pretty sure this qualifies as a "stopper issue" prior to releasing a patch.

image.png

Issue has been fixed for me after I rebound my Steam account to my DCS account, transferred the purchases, and redownloaded the modules in question. No issues after that.

Edited by SignorMagnifico

i7-8700k OC to 5.1GHz, Sound BlasterX AE-5, Creative Sound BlasterX H7 Tournament Edition, Asus ROG Maximus X Code

Corsair Dominator DDR4 32GB 3200MHz, EVGA RTX 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra Hybrid, Acer Predator XB271HU WQHD IPS Monitor, Logitech G510S, Anker 8000DPI Gaming Mouse, HOTAS Warthog, Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals, Track IR 5, Windows 10 Professional, https://www.youtube.com/c/iflyflightsims

16 hours ago, Thorns said:

Question: Does this new upgrade to FC3 2024 have better graphics than just FC3? 

FC3 modules are exactly the same as they were in FC2024.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

If I have all the FC3 planes, but bought them individually on Steam, not as the FC3 package, can I still use the upgrade option?

Thank you.

Some of the planes, but all of the maps!

7 hours ago, Beirut said:

If I have all the FC3 planes, but bought them individually on Steam, not as the FC3 package, can I still use the upgrade option?

You should ask the support. Here's a success story but Steam might complicate things:

• Like 1

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

9 minutes ago, draconus said:

You should ask the support. Here's a success story but Steam might complicate things:

Odds are they will say Steam is its own animal, but I'll ask. Thank you. 

Some of the planes, but all of the maps!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

Apologies if this has been asked somewhere else. I have FC3 and all of the full fidelity versions of the additional aircraft. I upgraded to FC 2024. Why? Just to support ED more than anything. My FC3 Icon is now greyed out and I cannot access Instant Action. Nor is there a new FC 2024 Icon. Where has all the Instant Action gone?

If I go to the F-5E icon (I have the FC 2024 version and the full fidelity version) and select Instant Action, I now have doubled up missions - Cold Start and Cold Start 2, Free Flight and Free Flight 2 for instance. Any idea what the differences are? I've tried both and they don't seem any different to me, both cockpits are full fidelity (which is probably understandable). Maybe if the full Fidelity model is installed, ED should remove the duplicate missions.

Game setup - I9-13900K, 3000 MHz 24 Core 32 Logical Processors, NVIDIA RTX 4090, 42” ASUS 4K OLED monitor, TM HOTAS Warthog, TM TPR Rudder pedals, Bigscreen Beyond VR.

There is no longer an FC3 and there is no FC2024, just the individual aircraft.  The Flaming Cliffs aircraft that have Full Fidelity Module counterparts are named with an FC suffix to differentiate them.

I don't own any of the full fidelity counterparts, so I can't speak to the duplication, but the FC aircraft should be so named:

null

image.png

Edited by Recluse
  • Like 1