DCS F-4E Phantom II Release Date Announcement- May 21st 2024

vor 5 Minuten schrieb Jarhead0331:

I’m so excited for the release of the F-4. It’s been such a long road and I can’t wait to finally fly this legend.

Kiowa when? 

‘Just kidding!

But, no seriously…when?

Two weeks.  😆 😉

Gave in!

Bought it now cant wait for it to drop.

It`s the only thing that can detach me from my viper! As someone said earlier time to dust off the flight controls and stash the wheel and pedals for a while 😁

2-WeekTM used to be the Gold Standard, you know... (Secretly) Should have patent that soon thingy when I had the chance.

OT: yes, that Kiowa is in the line of purchase.

B2T: planned to jump right into the pilot seat when I finish the update! Hopefully today. Fingers-crossed-and-toes-curvedTM

• Like 1

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

The contents of DCS World are so overwhelming to me: so many things to try, so many things to revisit. For now, whining about new products being late does not make much sense.

• ED Team

DCS Patch status

Current versions: https://updates.digitalcombatsimulator.com/

Change logs: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/news/changelog/stable/

Stable Version

Current version number: 2.9.4.53990

Next planned update: Delayed until 22nd May 2024 

Dear all,

during final checks some blocking issues were found and we will require some time to resolve them. We want the F-4E launch to be the best experience it can be so delaying for one day is the best option, thank you for your understanding and patience.   

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Gee, I am free today, not so tomorrow... 😞 Will wait and at the end of the day, uninstall all mods, clean up and repair so DCS will be ready by the time the Phantom drops. Fingers-crossed-and-toes-curvedTM.

• Like 1

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

The contents of DCS World are so overwhelming to me: so many things to try, so many things to revisit. For now, whining about new products being late does not make much sense.

10 hours ago, Kang said:

About the last chance to abort launch now, Heatblur. Just say the word, two more weeks?

That didn't age well 😞

6 minutes ago, VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants said:

Gee, I am free today, not so tomorrow... 😞 Will wait and at the end of the day, uninstall all mods, clean up and repair so DCS will be ready by the time the Phantom drops. Fingers-crossed-and-toes-curvedTM.

Yeah, exactly this.

11 minutes ago, BIGNEWY said:

DCS Patch status

Current versions: https://updates.digitalcombatsimulator.com/

Change logs: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/news/changelog/stable/

Stable Version

Current version number: 2.9.4.53990

Next planned update: Delayed until 22nd May 2024 

Dear all,

during final checks some blocking issues were found and we will require some time to resolve them. We want the F-4E launch to be the best experience it can be so delaying for one day is the best option, thank you for your understanding and patience.   

No offense, really, I'm trying to get a civilized conversation here and I don't have any plan of software development at all, so I hope you don't mind explaining it to me: It's been planned for days, if not weeks (I didn't count tbh), and just today you found issues, weren't there some checks done before? Also, is there no possibility in still fixing them in the next couple of hours?

It's been delayed, well, I don't have to tell you the story about it, you know it pretty well. But beginning in "we feel confident in a 2022 release, otherweise we wouldn't confirm it for 2022" and now at this, we're all pretty frustrated.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 3

Posted (edited)

Ups, so not Today? : (((((

U0Z1Kv9.gif

Edited by YoYo

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

8 minutes ago, Ben149 said:

No offense, really, I'm trying to get a civilized conversation here and I don't have any plan of software development at all, so I hope you don't mind explaining it to me: It's been planned for days, if not weeks (I didn't count tbh), and just today you found issues, weren't there some checks done before? Also, is there no possibility in still fixing them in the next couple of hours?

It's been delayed, well, I don't have to tell you the story about it, you know it pretty well. But beginning in "we feel confident in a 2022 release, otherweise we wouldn't confirm it for 2022" and now at this, we're all pretty frustrated.

Standard

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ben149 said:

I suspect the main issue with the release delay is not anything F-4 specific. There are other updates coming and a days delay is very common. 

• Like 4

5800x3drtx407064Gb 3200: 1Tb NVME: Pico 4: Rift S: Quest Pro

Just now, Qcumber said:

I suspect the main issue with the release delay is not anything F-4 specific. There are other updates coming and a days delay is very common. 

Why not just bring the F4 today and everything else tomorrow? From what I've read a lot of people took a day off (me included) and now you're telling me it's completely wasted just because ED delayed the patch about something that's not even related to the F4? That hurts

• Like 5

Just now, Ben149 said:

Why not just bring the F4 today and everything else tomorrow? From what I've read a lot of people took a day off (me included) and now you're telling me it's completely wasted just because ED delayed the patch about something that's not even related to the F4? That hurts

The base game must be patched in order for the Phantom to work. You can't separate those things. Last moment delays for 1-3 days are not uncommon for DCS-patches.

I get the frustration about the day off, but that the way the cookie crumbles...

• Like 10

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

28 minutes ago, BIGNEWY said:

... delaying for one day is the best option ...

Daddy: "Santa Claus did not pass the chimney - presents just one day later!"

kids room: "WHAAAAT?"

🍿

• Like 3

"Those who admire me for my 275 kills know nothing about war" Günther Rall

4 minutes ago, Ben149 said:

I have the whole week off, which sounds great until you realise that I am away from home so wont be able to update until Saturday. I feel your pain. I might update on my laptop tomorrow and see if it will run. I might be able to manage 5 fps and fly without a HOTAS 😀

• Like 1

5800x3drtx407064Gb 3200: 1Tb NVME: Pico 4: Rift S: Quest Pro

11 minutes ago, Ben149 said:

Maybe everything else is OK and the main problem is with F-4E only on the end of the road, you dont know it.

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

hmmmmm lets see........ F4 release date not met because we didn't check all the things that should have been checked before we announced the release date. common sense stuff. so you missed that one. but thats ok cause we learned our lesson and we're gonna go back to programming and get it fixed and the next date we wont miss........ oh right yeah turns out we missed some more stuff and all you folks that missed a day of work based on our promise............dollars out of your pocket...........time waisted......its ok just trust us on the chinook ya know cause that is a date we can count on right?  afghanistan maybe by august?

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, YoYo said:

Maybe everything else is OK and the main problem is with F-4E only on the end of the road, you dont know it.

(X) Doubt

Edited by Thump
  • Like 1

• ED Team

The F-4E deserves the best launch day possible, the delay is disappointing for sure but necessary. 

Heatblur have worked very hard, it will be worth the wait. 

thanks 

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Thump said:

(X) Doubt

And I didn't, and you already have the answer above - recent tests showed a problem with this module and DCS current compilation as well.

image.png

Edited by YoYo
  • Like 2

Yoyosimsbanner.gif