Ultra high quality texture version

I posted this in a general reaction thread but I would love to know if you guys are planning or would be willing to do a separate version for people that have the hardware capability? 

Thnx in advance 

“After reading all the information about the low quality ground textures of this map. Especially when flying helicopters I’m not gonna buy this. 

I rather have a 600GB Ultra HD option version than this. There’s a reason I bought a 4TB Nvme because I know this hobby and passion is huge on diskspace. I think we can all agree that it’s impossible to keep dreaming that we can install quality textures in small sizes. People have to be wiling to invest for what they like. 

So ORBX this is also a request to you guys for making a UHD version as a separate download if you guys have chosen to go down the dumbed down road for whatever reason.”

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

g8PjVMw.png

Posted (edited)

Maybe better that they will focus and finish for current version of the map (so the end of EA), next why not, however I think its not good idea to have 1TB for one map. Remember that next incoming too - winter textures (maybe next 60Gb?), Afghan map, Iraq map plus Germany map. Soon the minimum will be that DCS takes 2.5TB 😁 (btw. + the whole world incoming) with all modules, so even if it will be, I will not download it. For me current modelled part (so not the whole map) looks really very ok and I dont need more honestly.

Edited by YoYo

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Low textures quality is one of the reasons I skipped this one.  +1 in fav of getting Terabytes worth of content to DCS 🙂 (optional) 

• Like 3

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

57 minutes ago, Gierasimov said:

Low textures quality is one of the reasons I skipped this one.  +1 in fav of getting Terabytes worth of content to DCS 🙂 (optional) 

Photo textures will always be a compromise. On the one hand we have a real substrate made of photographs and it will always be better in this respect than hand-made and pasted textures, on the other hand they will always usually have a much worse resolution than hand-made textures. It's not just about this map in the whole sim world.

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Be nice if they did one airfield and some surrounding terrain in the best possible textures, just to see what DCS can handle. 

• Like 3

Some of the planes, but all of the maps!

Are you sure they can give it to us? Didn't I read somewhere that it is a limitation of the graphic engine? I would love it myself though, as disk space is a trivial matter these days.
Cheers!

Sent from my SM-A536B using Tapatalk

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, MAXsenna said:

Are you sure they can give it to us? Didn't I read somewhere that it is a limitation of the graphic engine? I would love it myself though, as disk space is a trivial matter these days.
Cheers!

Sent from my SM-A536B using Tapatalk

Ya figure they're holding back in ways on the maps since everything is interactive and prone to be part of complicated scenarios, so they don't want to kill the FPS. But if it was understood to be an "observation only" area, say an airfield and a 10km radius, I wonder how good they could make it?

• Like 1

Some of the planes, but all of the maps!

This was also suggested for the SA map and the developer (same as Kola) said they would consider it. Never happened for SA so I wouldn't expect it for Kola either. I for one would gladly sacrifice some storage space for higher quality textures. Not only terrain but airfield textures as well. Both SA and Kola have the worst airfield textures in DCS.

• Like 3

PC Hardware: Asus Maximus XIII Hero / i9-10900K / 64 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE / Samsung 960 NVMe / LG OLED48CX / Reverb G2

Flight Controls: Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog / VKB T-RUDDER MKIV / Cougar MFD Set

DCS Modules: F-14 Tomcat / F/A-18C Hornet / AV-8B NA / F-5E Tiger II / A-10C Warthog / F-16C Viper / UH-1 Huey / LOFC3 / Spitfire LF Mk. IX / P-51D Mustang / WWII Assets Pack / Normandy 1944 / NTTR Map / Persian Gulf Map / Syria Map

The textures already look high quality to me when flying around, at least on par with all our other maps. The only texture issue I have is the mission editor/planner/F10 map SAT view having horribly low resolution textures.

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Swiso said:

German map ? 😍

From who ?

Where you got this information ?

Thanks !

Not official yet but looks like 95% chance, Fulda gap area. It was in trailer of Chinook.

Edited by YoYo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Yoyosimsbanner.gif