Iraq Preview & Pre-Order

Graphics

Not sure IMHO that this is an EA issue.  I see this more as an issue that the new map making tech ED is trying to use (and I get why they've moved that way; being able to create bigger maps with less work/$ is a good goal) is currently not up to the task.  I hope the upcoming update to Afghanistan proves me wrong on that, but I'm currently in the camp of just double the price of maps and go back to the old production methods unless massive improvements to the new system is possible.  That's why I'm holding off on Iraq when in past I'd have pre-ordered without thinking.

• Like 2

Iraq map has potential for sure, but I'm holding off on a purchase. It's just not a good value proposition at launch (half the map, no new AI units, no included campaigns). At the same price as a AAA studio title. There are plenty reviews on Kola and Afghanistan, and while some players are happy with them, It looks like Iraq will be another very early launch. 

So perhaps in the future. I also need that FF MiG-29 to fully enjoy the Iraq map 😉

2 hours ago, Schmidtfire said:

So perhaps in the future. I also need that FF MiG-29 to fully enjoy the Iraq map 😉

Don't forget that the MiG-29A will also be EA so if you are waiting for it and want to have it you have to accept the current system or wait probably some period until EA ends for it. Kola map is currently at a really good level. One of the coolest maps. I have Afghanistan and I certainly don't regret buying it too. Honestly, I've been on PG map a bit rescently and there are similar cases reported for Afghanistan and somehow it didn't bother some people that much back then ;). As for the campaign for Iraq, how can you expect it if the map isn't there yet? Add a few months after the release and maybe something will appear, but I don't remember any map having a campaign from the release. I have Iraq in my library and all I want is to be able to fly there, lol 😎.

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

It really worries me when I read some constructive critics to actual ED business model and instead of considering them, they only understand that there are some people that wants to be angry always.

Early access with 30% discount when I never get 70% of the product finished means that I overpaid the product. It’s especially clear with the F15E with no expectation at all to get it ever close to be a finished module, may be with some luck it keeps working as it is now.

May be I’m wrong but it seems to be Early Access or nothing.

On 10/19/2024 at 3:05 AM, KIWIHAWK said:

I'm not bothering with this map. ED need to fix the game and focus on completing the content they've already released.

ED needs to put in some vehicle modules, better units for the infantry / mechanized, and better Ai for all.