Most idiotic thing you've done in BS

My personal best was taking off and forgetting to turn off the anti-dust. Kept wondering why I couldn't get over those mountains without my engine starting to overheat. I pushed it to try and get over but never made it. My engines decided to go home without me.

• Like 1

Shut down the engine to see if I could start it again before I eat dirt...I ate dirt.

lol good one, done that myself ;)

But you can do it - from above 3000+ meters.

[Please insert another coin to continue]

The mind is like a parachute. It only works when it's open | The important thing is not to stop questioning

My favourite cock up is to leave the collective control on my joystick all the way up so when I start a new mission and I'm commencing some preflight checks, lining up the ABRIS, setting the countermeasures etc I look up and am in mid air, normally about to crash. Done that about five times now.:doh:

My favourite cock up is to leave the collective control on my joystick all the way up so when I start a new mission and I'm commencing some preflight checks, lining up the ABRIS, setting the countermeasures etc I look up and am in mid air, normally about to crash. Done that about five times now.:doh:

yeah I usually do my start-up being very precise, and unbeknown to me my throttle will be at say 50%, so once the engines kick in and I hit page up twice I hear a bunch of warning signals, meaning I was crashing and on my side...

damn throttle.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

161 Squadron

Australia's DCS Community

I've learnt from that...pre start up check of control surface check - move the stick left, right, up and down... and the collective up and down... it does help..

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

That, plus one more check before actual startup - push collective down, make sure it's down, and check throttles once again.

Now for my idiotic thing: i did the most perfect acrobatic flight I ever did in BS, including: a loop, a circle around the tower, funnel, backwords funnel... and I can't show off with the track becouse yes... like many times before, I left the APU running lol :poster_oops: (and I see I'm not the only one) :hehe:

Never forget that World War III was not Cold for most of us.

Wingy calls "Bandit!", so I break off my attack on the tank column to look for bandit. Oh, it's an A-10. Haven't seen one of those on DCS:BS campaign before. So I try to maneuver to get SHKVAL lock. Jeez this is hard to do with a jet. Oh wait, he's stopped moving. Oh, getting bigger now in SHKVAL. Just adjust the SHKVAL gate a bit, turn a bit, just getting ready to fire. Oh my, he's getting bigger in the SHKVAL now. Almost filling the display now. Wait, what's that sparkly thing under his no...............................

Landing without my gear down even after the warning about putting my gear down blaring over the speaker.

That, or trying a three-point landing on my rotors.

Gigabyte GA-P55M-UD4; i5-750; 2GB Patriot 1333MHz; Seagate 500GB 7200 rpm; Gigabyte GTX560 Ti 1GB; CH Products Fighterstick USB; Windows 7 32-bit; Wing and a Prayer

I started the night patrol mission and a few minutes later as we left the base and approached the first waypoint I spot a convoy of four or five vehicles on my three. My wingman spotted them and identified them as friendlies. The briefing said that all non-essential personnel are on curfew so I thought they were hostiles.

I didn't listen obviously and I thought they were hostiles. I get into firing range and hover over the forest before taking out the convoy with my AP rounds and a few rockets. Well later I found out that I killed 19 friendlies. Sigh.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

EtherealN: I will promptly perform a sex change and offer my hand in marriage to whomever

I was flying the prequel campaign and I think it was mission 7 or 8. The daytime strike in the mountains on the caches. We were egressing from the area and while pushing my slick to get up to the top I switch views to see where my wingman is. I go back to my original view, F4, but I forget that I am still watching him. All of the sudden I go back to my cockpit view and my helicopter literally explodes. I ran into a mountain or something :(

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

EtherealN: I will promptly perform a sex change and offer my hand in marriage to whomever

I had a button on my controller assigned for eject. I had some pepsi while I was returning to home plate and when I set the cup down I bumped the controller. My parachute was above my head a few seconds later....

Never drink and fly.