A-10 news?

jctrnacty

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a question, these little grass bushes, do they affect performance much?

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

Yeah, okay. The screenshots are from in-game - is there anything else you'd like to say? ;)

Who-me-noooo ;) Looks good. I just recalled the interview - the situation was asking to go for that line :)

• Like 1

We'll just have to wait and see I guess ;)

But we're allowed to keep our hopes up and hope that they are using more of the GPU for the DCS, and less CPU :)

The mind is like a parachute. It only works when it's open | The important thing is not to stop questioning

But we're allowed to keep our hopes up and hope that they are using more of the GPU for the DCS, and less CPU :)

This could happen with DX11 engine..but it´s a song of future.

[sigpic][/sigpic]

MB MSI x570 Prestige Creation, RYzen 9 3900X, 32 Gb Ram 3333MHz, cooler Dark rock PRO 4, eVGA 1080Ti, 32 inch BenQ 32011pt, saitek X52Pro, HP Reverb, win 10 64bit

I think brushes are just GPU shaders, no need of DX11

BTW, I hope Flamming Cliffs expansion holds the little community tight, because delaying A-10 to "sometime" in 2010 is only good for de-hypeing.

Edited by Distiler

AMD Ryzen 1400 // 16 GB DDR4 2933Mhz // Nvidia 1060 6GB // W10 64bit // Microsoft Sidewinder Precision 2

It would help a lot, still, as Multi-Monitor-Support in games under Vista and Beyond is realized via DirectX, as well as some other stuff that still is rendered by the CPU with the current engine.

Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H | i7 4470k @ 4.5 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @ 2.133 Ghz | GTX 1080 | LG 55" @ 4K | Cougar 1000 W | Creative X-Fi Ti | TIR5 | CH HOTAS (with BU0836X-12 Bit) + Crosswind Pedals | Win10 64 HP | X-Keys Pro 20 & Pro 54 | 2x TM MFD

Agree with you :)

I know that i´ll be bashed now, but isn´t it just waste of resources to patch LOMAC? This mark is owned by UBIsoft and it doesn´t make sense to continue support.

Now bash me.

It will be years before DCS: "whaterver-fast-mover-will-be" arrives while LOMAC update is just months away. We definalty need something to keep on surviving in the mean time. :)

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

Well LOmac is almost 4 years old. The up in graps in DCS naturaly scceeds in hardware up in requirements, HOWEVER Direct X9 shaders (dont need 10 much less 11) are much more efficient perfomance wise.

While lighting gets more efficient you get more detail and the final balance might just be similar perfomance.

My PC specs below:

I just wish the A-10 will be 100% functionnal, not like the BS, where you had some buttons "not working"....:(

I don't remember who it was, but in the case of the old RWR and chaff debate there was someone that quoted the AH-64 manual on countermeasures where one part of the panel just had the note "not used". The switches are there, in the real chopper, but aren't used.

That's what happens with modular design in real-life as well, and considering that there are very few series-produced Ka-50's I wouldn't be suprised if the real thing also had a good few switches (maybe the same switches) that simply don't do anything in that particular type of aircraft, but that does do something when the same panel is in another aircraft.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

development time needed to be extended to account for a new Flaming Cliffs product

Personally I have no interest in anything more to do with Flaming Cliffs, and won't be buying whatever it is. I would have preferred to see ED concentrate on the DCS A-10C (and other future modules) rather than pushing these back to mess with more LO or FC stuff.

What happened to the "releasing a new module every 9 months" ambition that ED stated?

MD

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte GA97XSLI

Core i7 4790 @ 4.0 Ghz

MSI GTX 1080ti

32 Mb RAM DDR3-2133

512GB SSD for DCS

HP Reverb VR HMD

Thrustmaster Warthog & MFG Crosswind

Which of the buttons did you really miss, though?

After looking at the GNSS page of abris section of manual, I'm not sure how much more functionality I can take...

When you're inside the cockpit, look at the panel on top of the pilot's right shoulder, also, look on the upper panel on the top of the HUD, you will see some buttons that you can't activate at all.

It's maybe not very usefull buttons, but I allows me to say that the shark is not 100% functionnal in the game, which disappoint me a little bit :(

Proud to be a [sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] :joystick::pilotfly::book:

It's maybe not very usefull buttons, but I allows me to say that the shark is not 100% functionnal in the game, which disappoint me a little bit :(
Yikes! Talk about not being able to please all the people all the time! ;) There are a number of items that could still be further developed, but I remain extremely pleased with the level of functionality of this sim.

Shoot to Kill.

Play to Have Fun.

Mad Dog 7.62,

It was exactly that, an ambition. Reality and a sound business sense intervened.

Them being stormed with requests for expanding on Flaming Cliffs by a big horde of fastmover lovers (remember guys, fighter pilots make movies, but bomber pilots make history :P ) means that it is a sound idea for them to put some work on that property. While I myself would prefer the same as you, my biggest preference is that ED make as much money as possible so they can expand their operation, which would be good for both "sides" of LO and DCS afficionados.

Edited by EtherealN
clarifying who it was intended for

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Yeah, basically, if you have a panel made for aircraft A, and you make 30 000 panels. You then notice that aircraft B that you are making has almost the exact same system, minus one component. Why bother starting a new production line when you can just put in the thing you already have without losing any functionality even if there's a button or two on it that won't be used while in aircraft B? Indeed, that has extra functionality since there's a safe switch for the pilot to play with during boring missions... :P

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

|
| Life of a Game Tester

What about electrical system? I think is the great forgotten in DCS:BS. Amp and voltmeter don't work, and breakers are not functional. At the same time, some Shkval functions aren't accesible (i.e optical filter) and there are indicators, like OAT, that inexplicably don't work.

I think it's a little off-balance in certain points regarding realism.

Regards!!

What about electrical system? I think is the great forgotten in DCS:BS. Amp and voltmeter don't work, and brakers are not functional. At the same time, some Shkval functions aren't accesible (i.e optical filter) and there are indicators, like OAT, that inexplicably don't work.

Regards!!

Which Shkvakl functions are those, mate? What do they do?

What about electrical system? I think is the great forgotten in DCS:BS. Amp and voltmeter don't work, and breakers are not functional. At the same time, some Shkval functions aren't accesible (i.e optical filter) and there are indicators, like OAT, that inexplicably don't work.

Regards!!

Brakes??? they work fine.

if they upgrade from drum to disc they might work better..

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

Ok, I must be missing something... what is precisely stunning?

The 3d engine looks like.....NEW (last picture) the ground is stunning :)

New ground terrain 3D mesh and textures (add the nevada terrain to that as well). Its new, doesn not imply the SIM has a new 3D engine, ED already stated it is the same with updates.

My PC specs below:

Which Shkvakl functions are those, mate? What do they do?

See 6-55. Particulary, optical Shkval filters (Nº8) can be interesting. I guess actual graphic engine doesn't support it, but I wonder if it's implemented in the future (with realistic Shkval behaviour in rain)

Regards!!

Breaker

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Circuit_breaker

They are at bottom of electric panel. they're useful in case of short-circuits of certain equipment and malfuctions. In general, Electrical panel is little implemented (see 6-96)

Regards!!

oh... those brakes.

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45