A-10 news?

jctrnacty

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah' date=' I hope we can finally adjust the temperature in the cockpit, it tends to get quite hot in herr...And some control over my oxygen-intake would be nice too.! :P[/quote']

True. Then I can close my window and raise the volume into the red level. :D

Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H | i7 4470k @ 4.5 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @ 2.133 Ghz | GTX 1080 | LG 55" @ 4K | Cougar 1000 W | Creative X-Fi Ti | TIR5 | CH HOTAS (with BU0836X-12 Bit) + Crosswind Pedals | Win10 64 HP | X-Keys Pro 20 & Pro 54 | 2x TM MFD

Uhmm, the joystick looks exactly like the one of the F16. I hope we get the same multifunctional buttons so we can programm them on the hotas, like the TMS, DMS and so on on F4.

Noh intention to start a "what's better sim" threat. :).

Beautyful pics anyway, looking forward for this plane.

Uhmm, the joystick looks exactly like the one of the F16. I hope we get the same multifunctional buttons so we can programm them on the hotas, like the TMS, DMS and so on on F4.

That was one of the A-10C upgrades, though I imagine the actual switches are set up a little differently than in the F-16.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Can we get a diagram, to start programming :) ?

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

• ED Team

Noh intention to start a "what's better sim" threat. :).

Beautyful pics anyway, looking forward for this plane.

Learning the real MF buttons setup will be a big PITA, be assured!

Ive got a bunch of pics of the A-10 HOTAS on my Skydrive..

And if someone with a good eye and a magnifyerglass could fugire out the text on pictures like this I'd be a happy camper..:

A-10C%2001.JPG

I uploaded the Flight and instruments manual for the A-10A model as ZIP files there to.. Allthough the "A" model had an F-4 like stick, not like the "C". The throttle looks more or less the same though..

Here the liknk to all the files..: http://cid-58ab92e8ffe73bbb.skydrive.live.com/browse.aspx/A-10

"But (504)Brewber said they were'nt friendly.. So I took'em out.!"

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The right throttle is now same as F-15E right throttle but the left throttle remains the same as in A-10A.

Edited by GGTharos

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

As GGTharos said, it's an Mud Hen R/H throttle and standard A-10A L/H throttle with an F-16C stick.

The stick functions I'd assume are essentially the same as the F-16, TMS Lower left "HAT", DMS Lower Right "HAT", Trim Upper White "HAT", Red Pickle Button, Two Stage Trigger for Gun and other fuctions (first stage fires TGP laser), small button on upper right of stick to control NWS on the ground and cycle hardpoints in the air and the lower white HAT controls CMDS & ECM.

The functions of the buttons would be the same I'd say, it's what those buttons actually do with the avionics and weapons that'll differ if there is any difference.

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

I love a complete paragraph of TLAs it makes perfect sence to all :lol:

I did think about that after I'd written it actually. But hey everyone loves TLAs. Don't they? :D

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

Is it me or does the clouds on this pic http://www.simhq.com/_air13/air_425d.html looks more real. Is ED building a new game engine finally for this release?

Antec 900 gaming tower, PSU: Corsair 750W, Q6600, Asus P5K, 8Gig Mushkin, Nvidia eVGA 280 GTX Superclocked 1G DDR3, SSDNOW200 Kingston Drive, TrackIr 3000+Vector, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick, Saitek rudder pedals pro, Sharp 42" inch LCD Aquo. OS: windows 7 64bit.

I guess the new A-10C module will go well along with this new setup;

http://www.simw.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=dsp_product_details&pid=2185

It's nice to see people making an effort but the Logitech just doesn't have enough buttons to make an effective HOTAS.

This on the other hand :D

• Like 1

Spoiler

Learning the real MF buttons setup will be a big PITA, be assured!

It surely will, but its very helpfull since you got several functions on the same button, according to the weapon, radar function, or whateever. It also helps to no having to program diferent keystrokes on diferent buttons when they are only used on certain important occations, while in the real thing are managed with the same button.

For present and ex F4 sim pilots, will make it easier to learn. Even if maybe the button perform a diferent action.

Is it me or does the clouds on this pic http://www.simhq.com/_air13/air_425d.html looks more real. Is ED building a new game engine finally for this release?

Broken sky conditions and cirrus clouds FTW!

DCS Wishlist: 1) FIX THE DAMN RIVERS!!! 2) Spherical or cylindrical panorama view projection. 3) Enhanced input options (action upon button release, etc). 4) Aircraft flight parameter dump upon exit (stick posn, attitude, rates, accel, control volume, control-surface positions, SAS bias, etc). 5) ADS-33 maneuver courses as static objects. 6) Exposed API or exports of trim position and stick force for custom controllers. 7) Select auto multiple audio devices

• 3 weeks later...

Yes they look very real. They certainly improve the lightning. I had the impression the we would see something new in August regarding the A10, and August past. I hope we will have some news soon, I like to get teased.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

ASUS M4A79 Deluxe, AMD Phenom II X4 940@3.5GHz, ATI 6870 1GB, Windows 7 64bit, Kingstone HyperX 4GB, 2x Western Digital Raptor 74GB, Asus Xonar DX Sound Card, Saitek X52 PRO, TrackIR 44: Pro.

just to clarify I hope this isn't a separate A10 DCS engine release?

That this is being plugged into the DCS platform with the Black Shark Helli?

So we can have some combined arms exercises..

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

just to clarify I hope this isn't a separate A10 DCS engine release?......

You will have to wait for clarification from the Powers-that-Be. As stated frequently in the past, all things pertaining are subject to change, hence the Absence of Concrete 'Promises'/Info. At most one can assume that subject to change, that would be the desired result (no seperate engine, but rather an incremental upgrade) etc etc etc........

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'