Forum Maintenance between 04:00 - 06:00 UTC ×
Forum Maintenance between 04:00 - 06:00 UTC

Announcing Flaming Cliffs 2.0

Wags

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You mean laser rangefinder failure after some time...Hm , nobody said nothing about that...

There is something mentioned in those youtube videos. Check them out, but read the comments (voiceover has bad audio) ;)

I'm selling MiG-21 activation key.

Also selling Suncom F-15E Talon HOTAS with MIDI connectors, several sets.

Contact via PM.

You talk as if you came from the future, when more than 1 DCS game has been released :music_whistling:

Not sure which game/publisher you are referring to that sells "core features" as DLC. Yes some games go overboard with the sheer amount of extra content you can download, of note are Railworks train simulator and LittleBigPlanet. The latter is built around the concept of downloadable content since the result of player imaginations pretty much is the game. I consider myself quite knowledgeable of gaming, and I can't think of a single game that offers specific features as DLC. I fear you may be confusing DLC with DRM.

I was thinking of Sega/ETW and Ubisoft/SH5 to name a couple of the more infamous examples. To this day, ETW will not run on my system because of the bugs, and they released DLC before they resolved the major bugs, which didn't necessarily affect the troubleshooting process, but was nonetheless insulting to the numerous folks who couldn't play the game at all. Then they abandoned it altogether and moved on to NTW about one year later, leaving behind a broken mess and a mass of disgruntled long-time customers. And assuming the SH series survives the OSP debacle, it's pretty obvious Ubi is going to release new subs and campaigns that should have been part of the game in the first place as "add-ons" to an obviously unfinished game.

I think DLC is fine for an MMO or RTS or FPS, but not so much for a study sim. It should be complete in itself when released. If other folks want to release third party add-ons, so much the better, but I would hope the developers don't adopt the strategy of releasing games in a piecemeal fashion. In any case, it seems technically infeasible and inconsistent with their business model IMHO.

• Like 1
EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming | i5 7600K 3.8 GHz | ASRock Z270 Pro4 | Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 16 GB | PNY CS2030 NVMe SSD 480 GB | WD Blue 7200 RPM 1TB HDD | Corsair Carbide 200R ATX Mid-Tower | Win 10 x64

Quote: ...we have had to increase the sales price to $29.99 USD // this is ok for this nice Update but....

This software will both upgrade Lock On to Flaming Cliffs 2 and Upgrade Flaming Cliffs to Flaming Cliffs 2.

What? Why you do this? This is not ok. Its very unfair. I bought Lock On and later I bought Flaming Cliffs. So why I must pay the same for FC 2.0 as another guy which have not bought Flaming Cliffs and have only Lock On. I feel a little bit messed around.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Quote: ...we have had to increase the sales price to $29.99 USD // this is ok for this nice Update but....

This software will both upgrade Lock On to Flaming Cliffs 2 and Upgrade Flaming Cliffs to Flaming Cliffs 2.

What? Why you do this? This is not ok. Its very unfair. I bought Lock On and later I bought Flaming Cliffs. So why I must pay the same for FC 2.0 as another guy which have not bought Flaming Cliffs and have only Lock On. I feel a little bit messed around.

Don't feel bad. Feel happy that all those people who may have not have FC will now maybe get a copy. We'll have more players overall for multiplayer etc. The $15 you payed for FC is really a worth while investment for the hours you use it until FC2 is released.

• Like 1

Life is unfair

Man up and deal with it... how many hours did you put in to Flaming Cliffs? I reckon you've already got your money's worth.

Everyone wants something for nothing. Christ. :doh:

• Like 2

AMD Phenom II 965 BE @ 3.8GHz, 8GB OCZ AMD BE RAM, ATI HD5970 2GB XFX BE @ 875/1215, TM HOTAS Cougar, TM Cougar MFDs, TrackIR 5, CH MFP, GoFlight Switch Panel, iMo Mini-Monster Touch, Mimo 720S, Saitek Pro Flight Headset

Life is unfair

Man up and deal with it... how many hours did you put in to Flaming Cliffs? I reckon you've already got your money's worth.

Everyone wants something for nothing. Christ. :doh:

yeah, I have to agree,, FC was only about $14.00 new... which took LO 1.0 and turned it into a Diamond.. which bought several years of great play..

:music_whistling:

it's just the nuances of discussion come over as harsh on the Internet..

• Like 1

ASUS Strix Z790-H, i9-13900, WartHog HOTAS and MFG Crosswind

G.Skill 64 GB Ram, 2TB SSD

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

55" Sony OLED TV, Oculus VR

I have a question

does the 2.0 allow manual activation or still need internet connection for activation?

It will use the same system as used in DCS:BS. You will need an internet connection for activation. However, it is possible to generate a hardware code and activate through a different computer. If you have DCS:BS, refer to the QuickStart manual pdf for details.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

I bought Lock On and later I bought Flaming Cliffs. So why I must pay the same for FC 2.0 as another guy which have not bought Flaming Cliffs and have only Lock On. I feel a little bit messed around.

Why did I have to pay just as much for Quake 3 as everyone else in spite of me having bought both Quake 1 and Quake 2? Shouldn't it be cheaper for me to purchase a sequel if I bought the original than those who are new entrants?

;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Q: Is it true that bird ingestion has been added?

A: Yes, but it can be set on or off with .LUA setting.

what does it mean by bird ingestion ?

"bird ingestion" = when a bird gets sucked into your engine and causes an engine failure. Has a hugher probability when flying low (takeoff/landing, nap-of-the-earth).

Q: Is it true that bird ingestion has been added?

A: Yes, but it can be set on or off with .LUA setting.

what does it mean by bird ingestion ?

http://wildlife-mitigation.tc.faa.gov/wildlife/default.aspx

Delta5.jpg

bird-strike.jpg

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

:huh: Are you serious? Come on man.
  • Like 1

Meh. Still a bargain at double the price. It's unfortunate that the project ran over budget but it's likely done so at the dedication of putting out a product worthy of my money. Not even deterred a smidge at buying it.

Look at how many years have been in between Lock On, LOFC, and now LOFC 2.0

They have families to feed and, last time I checked, LOMAC and DCS weren't selling the total copies that BFBC2 has. We've gotten alot of great years out of LOMAC and LOFC. Considering I paid $30 for LOMAC and $15 for LOFC, I don't think paying another $30 for 2-3 more years of enjoyment is a bad investment.

All said an done, that would be $65 for over a decade's worth of fun and flying (and getting shot down repeatedly). For anyone who plays a pay to play MMO, that's basically only 6 months in one of those games. Bad Company 2 costs $50 and that's a game most people will have stopped playing within a year.

So, in the end, that $30 for LOFC 2.0 really isn't asking much especially considering what all it's going to entail.

An aircraft, not helo, would be most likely to have the bird damage (at least what I experienced from working the flight line..).. an aircraft would usually have damage on the leading edge of the wings. That part of the wings are purposely built to take the impact. I saw lots and lots of the evidence of bird strikes on the wings... mostly deformed and dented with blood..

:joystick:

ASUS Strix Z790-H, i9-13900, WartHog HOTAS and MFG Crosswind

G.Skill 64 GB Ram, 2TB SSD

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

55" Sony OLED TV, Oculus VR

Don't put all your money on this though.. :)
He he...:thumbup:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

To all who have complains about prices and so on...:

Think about what we would have without ED and TFC!

(One thing for sure: more time to look, pray and asking for new combat flight simulations.) :smilewink:

Edited by EagleEye

Deutsche DCS-Flughandbücher

SYSSpecs: i7-4790K @4GHz|GA-Z97X-SLI|16GB RAM|ASUS GTX1070|Win10 64bit|TrackIR5|TM Warthog/Saitek Pro Pedals

"After" 17 march it goes out! (how much "after, who knows, perhaps the day after?, perhaps one month later? or it's a translation error and it says just after dunno lol)

http://forums.eagle.ru/announcement.php?f=49

Edited by Distiler

AMD Ryzen 1400 // 16 GB DDR4 2933Mhz // Nvidia 1060 6GB // W10 64bit // Microsoft Sidewinder Precision 2

He he...:thumbup:

To all who have complains about prices and so on...:

Think about what we would have without ED and TFC!

Valve Software, Sony Online Entertainment, Blizzard, DICE, and Relic to name a few got me covered:smartass:

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum