Black Shark: Voodoo Extreme 2009 Reader's Choice Awards

Airway

It's being a very tough fight. DCS is first again.

Zombies have a Shelf-Life :surprise: Who would have thought......:music_whistling:

Excellent News :thumbup:

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It looks like two cars racing in a cheap action movie or manga. Two of them are going shoulder to shoulder and then one of the drivers discovers that he didn't actually press the gas pedal all the way down. So he does it now and he gains over the second driver who is just about to discover the same thing - that he didn't press his gas pedal all the way down too! And he is too going to use that extra power in a second. :)

My advise to anyone who haven't voted yet - do NOT vote until the last hours of the poll. You don't need Sun Tzu to figure out why, do you? ;)

• Like 1

It looks like two cars racing in a cheap action movie or manga. Two of them are going shoulder to shoulder and then one of the drivers discovers that he didn't actually press the gas pedal all the way down. So he does it now and he gains over the second driver who is just about to discover the same thing - that he didn't press his gas pedal all the way down too! And he is too going to use that extra power in a second. :)

My advise to anyone who haven't voted yet - do NOT vote until the last hours of the poll. You don't need Sun Tzu to figure out why, do you? ;)

:lol::thumbup:

Killing floor, pfff.. If it was Modern Warfare 2 i'd understand it, but i hadn't even HEARD of "Killing floor" until today :P

Yes but all the console fanbois and gurls would still vote for it though, even if it was for 'best PC game of the year'

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

Killing floor, pfff.. If it was Modern Warfare 2 i'd understand it, but i hadn't even HEARD of "Killing floor" until today :P

Oooh, careful now. I wouldn't be surprised if someone, somewhere, said something like "DCS, pfff... If it was HAWX i'd understand it, but I hadn't even HEARD of "DCS" until today". :P

...which is actually kinda depressing, but at least this thing (and those funny people trying to convince VE3D that DCS shouldn't qualify for that poll at all) shows that DCS has achieved brand awareness even though some sites (like VE3D :P ) couldn't be bothered to post any news or review it. Hopefully there's a couple paperpushers at the EA and Ubi offices wondering why they dropped serious flight simulators for... things... like HAWX. :)

And perhaps there's an editor at VE3D asking himself why they didn't. :P

Edited by EtherealN

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Here a thought, Many of our community members fly different Flight or combat Simulators like Condor ROF IL2 FSX etc.. and they do roam as well on different famous forums which we are all aware, but many do not get the news and go to this Voodoo Gaming site when there is a voting to do, So when posting about some help on voting... It's welcome and fun and yes showing DCS can extend it's arm abit.

Lucas i hope you understand this.

We don't need help - we know our sim is the best of this list, and the best in modern aviation. BUT... You can't force people from other places to vote on it.

Lucas, Our Sim is their as well we are all inter connected there is no forcing ;) ..

Cheers, http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=810111#post810111

64142_ve_award_400_orig.png

Edited by theGozr

Fly it like you stole it..

...Hopefully there's a couple paperpushers at the EA and Ubi offices wondering why they dropped serious flight simulators for... things... like HAWX. :)

And perhaps there's an editor at VE3D asking himself why they didn't. :P

Wasn't Ubisoft the publisher of the Silent Hunter sub sim series? Unfortunately most companies go after easy money... this means that ultra-realistic, hard to learn games that keep you busy for a long time(such as flight combat sims/study sims) has not the potential to become Top-Sellers at the publisher's eyes. Most companies focus in getting customer's money, keep him busy for 30-50 hours at best then make him go buy the next game.

ED, fortunately, acted differently.

They ignore that atm there is a lack of decent sims and the sim audience is "hungry" for a game like DCS! ED pleases its customers(us) and we will reward ED when the time comes.

Yesterday I was a Little :cry: (http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=810352#post810352)

But today just came back from work (was at a customer without a console near me), checked the status... and wooT....:P

DCS: Black Shark - 1244

poll_bar.jpg

Killing Floor - 1096

poll_bar.jpg

Dragon Age: Origins - 537

poll_bar.jpg

Batman: Arkham Asylum - 261

poll_bar.jpg

Really great work! -keep it on!

Anyway, no matter (not really) how it ends - It's a great thriller I'm watching.

Edit: AND ONCE AGAIN:

You don't know what Killing Floor is?

Watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y81s3yIbZcE ...Got enough?! - and people debating about role play games ....

...make the world a better place and vote for DCS:Black Shark!!

Edited by PeterP

• ED Team
Oooh, careful now. I wouldn't be surprised if someone, somewhere, said something like "DCS, pfff... If it was HAWX i'd understand it, but I hadn't even HEARD of "DCS" until today". :P

Well, the FPS world is rather large, compared to the sim world, and i'm a FPS junky as well ;)

Which is why "Killing Floor" just made me go :huh:

"At this time DCS: Black Shark has taken a lead in the Best Overall PC Game category. This has a few feathers ruffled, considering that the sim is up against the big guns such as Dragon Age: Origins and Batman: Arkham Asylum. Please bear in mind that there were never any rules against postings on official game sites and the like. So encouraging a community to vote is fine. In fact, during the first round of voting several developers tweeted out the link."

I love ruffling feathers!

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

64th "Scorpions" Aggressor Squadron

Discord: 64th Aggressor Squadron

TS: 195.201.110.22

Let them bitch and complain. It speaks volumes on anyone who takes this stuff that seriously. Sims are quite obviously the black sheep of the gaming industry. Black shark will also be around and going strong in 5 years where batman will be forgotten. There is no room to grow in those types of games. Here I go getting all defensive lol.

Trolls my friends, nothing but and you'll find them everywhere!