Saitek X65F preview

Actually, Prophet, if I remember correctly the force sensing thing was first being developed in the late 70's specifically for helicopters.

Thanks for the link, Rage.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

I've a throttle from X52 and the stick is the extreme 3d pro.

Having in mind the next flight simulators to be released, most probably this will be my next sim controller. No need for rudder pedals (YES!).

Force sensing is a must, IMO.

A little expensive though.. :pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asteroids

Update this

:D

thanks.

Asus ROG Crosshair Hero VIII , Ryzen 3900X, Nzxt Kraken Z73, Vengence RBG Pro DDR4 3600mhz 32 GB, 2x Corsair MP 600 pcie4 M.2 2 TB , 2x Samsung Qvo SSD 2x TB, RTX 3090 FE, EVGA PSU 800watt, Steelseries Apex Pro. TM WartHog,TM TPR, Track IR, TM 2 x MFD, Asus VG289Q, Virpil Control Panel#2

£299 for a stick that doesn't move, has no pedals, and that does not have a configuration that (inspite of what the reviewer thinks) is modelled on the F-16 HOTAS in any recognisable form? Good luck with that.

Having seen first hand what a waste of money the Logitech G940 is with its 'sloppy' centre, detent-less trims and dials, useless mini stick, and apparently recalcitrant attitude towards actually helping developers fix the sloppy centre issue; and having now watched this review, I have to ask whether these companies ever use focus groups or solicit feedback from the people who actually have that kind of capital to blow. I can only imagine that none of them expected to be in competition with TM again.

Personally, I am looking forward to selling the G940 and buying the TM Warthog.

Its says something for Saitek that they released an expensive HOTAS to compete with Thrustmaster and CH Products and made it even more of a niche product by making it a force sensing stick. I don't know what F16's the reviewer has seen, maybe he thought Darth Vaders ship in Star Wars was an F16? We certainly have a lot of toys to choose from though.

1st thing is that its not the first ever force sensing stick the FSSB mod for the cougar by Realsimulator is the 1st such Hotas with that. The X65F looks cool but I think its probably closer to an F22 Hotas than F-16 although if the stick is similar its good because you can map the same controls as the TMS,DMS etc as the real F-16 for Falcon. It certainly would be a good hotas for FBW but I wonder how it would work with helicopters.

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

One thing I did notice in that little bit of demonstration:

During the demonstration the demonstrator applied some "left" input on the stick initiating a left bank. At that time the demonstrator removed his hand from the stick, to move over and turn his focus to the throttle. However the aircraft continued to roll left as if the the user was still applying that left input on the stick.

Maybe its just me, but It seems like that would be very problematic for the user. If the input doesnt return to center when not sensing any applied force, then that must mean that the user has to return the stick to center manually, and given that the stick doesnt physically move, the user would be forced to play some sort of guessing game when returning the stick to center. I can already see the complaints from virtual pilots pouring in on how they are fighting the stick constantly on those approaches with heavy crosswinds and such, simply because they are constantly guessing what position their damn flight controls are in, lol.

Hope that makes sense. I could be wrong, just thought id bring it up and see what you guys thought.

I would also imagine there could potentially be a substantial delay involved in using the system.

Dont let the smell get to ya...............

One thing I did notice in that little bit of demonstration:

During the demonstration the demonstrator applied some "left" input on the stick initiating a left bank. At that time the demonstrator removed his hand from the stick, to move over and turn his focus to the throttle. However the aircraft continued to roll left as if the the user was still applying that left input on the stick.

Maybe its just me, but It seems like that would be very problematic for the user. If the input doesnt return to center when not sensing any applied force, then that must mean that the user has to return the stick to center manually, and given that the stick doesnt physically move, the user would be forced to play some sort of guessing game when returning the stick to center. I can already see the complaints from virtual pilots pouring in on how they are fighting the stick constantly on those approaches with heavy crosswinds and such, simply because they are constantly guessing what position their damn flight controls are in, lol.

Hope that makes sense. I could be wrong, just thought id bring it up and see what you guys thought.

I would also imagine there could potentially be a substantial delay involved in using the system.

If the aircraft was already rolling to the left a user would have to apply opposite roll to counter the roll. So it doesn't look like a stick issue to me.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

64th "Scorpions" Aggressor Squadron

Discord: 64th Aggressor Squadron

TS: 195.201.110.22

If the aircraft was already rolling to the left a user would have to apply opposite roll to counter the roll. So it doesn't look like a stick issue to me.

Once the stick is released the roll should stop.

What aircraft do you know where you have to apply opposite aileron to stop the roll moment? I don't know any.

The only time you would apply opposite aileron is tp perform a crisp hesitation roll or similar.

Having seen first hand what a waste of money the Logitech G940 is with its 'sloppy' centre, detent-less trims and dials, useless mini stick, and apparently recalcitrant attitude towards actually helping developers fix the sloppy centre issue;

Sorry to change the subject but are you saying that you have knowledge that ED have approached Logitech about updating FFB effects in their products and Logitech have been unwilling to provide support to enable this?

I'm one of the poor souls who also bought the G940.

The space shuttle ;)

:D

:thumbup:

Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H | i7 4470k @ 4.5 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @ 2.133 Ghz | GTX 1080 | LG 55" @ 4K | Cougar 1000 W | Creative X-Fi Ti | TIR5 | CH HOTAS (with BU0836X-12 Bit) + Crosswind Pedals | Win10 64 HP | X-Keys Pro 20 & Pro 54 | 2x TM MFD

Sorry to change the subject but are you saying that you have knowledge that ED have approached Logitech about updating FFB effects in their products and Logitech have been unwilling to provide support to enable this?

I'm one of the poor souls who also bought the G940.

Scarecrow

I don't know about FFB effects. My comments were made specifically in relation to addressing the sloppy centre issue (a software function, apparently).

Insofar as that goes, I don't work for ED and am not authorised to speak for them. So, for official comment you will need to ask ED directly about their relationship with CH and the level of support they have had.

Steve

:music_whistling:

Hehe, the burden of knowledge :)

Nice try! But I said "apply opposite aileron" - that won't work in space :joystick:

Ballbuster. :D

Edited by sobek

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!