Next DCS (US) Fixed Wing Aircraft Wish List

diecastbg

Next DCS (US) Fixed Wing Aircraft Wish List  

4719 members have voted

1. 1. Next DCS (US) Fixed Wing Aircraft Wish List

A few thoughts...

So far, we have 2 close air support aircraft. A fighter would certainly be possible, but there are some structural issues to contend with when looking at future aircraft development. I'd personally love to see DCS: F-111F, or DCS: A-6D, however, both of these are strike aircraft. The gameworld as currently presented, I don't think has enough space to properly portray that sort of mission. That doesn't even begin to address the concern about whether a 9 hour strike mission would even be fun...

I also fail to see why DCS should be limited to present day aircraft. DCS: F-14D would fit very well within the curreent gameworld. Particularly if set in an 80s cold war gone hot scenario, intercepting soviet heavy bombers attacking the battle group.

Similarly, an F-4 sim would be amazing as well, as well as being a multirole aircraft.

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While it turned into an A2A arguament for some reason the harrier stands as a very desirable aircraft for the DCS world in the strike roll. Just say you'l consider it if only to shut us up :megalol: We'l save the dog fighting for that F-16 module.... everybody wins :music_whistling:

[sIGPIC]sigpic67951_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

It would be nice if one day ED release some titles, based on historical battles of the XX century: Vietnam&SixDayWar&YomKippur(Phantom/MIG-21/Mirage), Lebanon'82(MIG-23/MIG-25/F-14/F-15), Falklands(Harrier/Mirage/Super Etendard), etc. But it will take a very long time and significant resources to make each theater with all stuff.

The Harrier is a good aircraft, but it's just a VTOL version of the A-10 with more speed but less survivability.

Just VTOL and more speed.... JUST? :) i think they count for alot and would certainly provide a wealth of extra fun in the DCS world in my opinion. I suppose speed and survivability will always be a toss up and both can be used to their own advantages to achieve the same end result. Id rather stay down fast and low and take minimum fire as opposed to low and slow being able to take a little more, maybe thats just me...

[sIGPIC]sigpic67951_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

.....Id rather stay down fast and low and take minimum fire...

Planning to outrun a 9M331 at 850m/s? Never gonna happen :D

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Hi All,

to have the next single seat solution with the option to be in the middle between a vertical take off and hover helicopter and a normal fix wing aircraft with V/STOVL feature, the F-35 will offer the most options.

You can have the A and C version which is close to the F-22 and you can have the B Version which is close to the AV-8B.

Maybe three aircraft's with one solution.

There will be also the most options for targeting systems with the new helmet mounted display systems and the most modern sensor solutions.

But it will be a big challenge for the development team.

If a double seat aircraft like Tomcat or Apache should be the next one, how can be covered the WSO function? Via Ai and additional via a second LAN player?

Think about!

If the F-35 will be to complicated for development, the Hornet will be a good Plan-B single seat "next one".

With best regards from Germany

IT-Pilot

Just VTOL and more speed.... JUST? :) i think they count for alot and would certainly provide a wealth of extra fun in the DCS world in my opinion. I suppose speed and survivability will always be a toss up and both can be used to their own advantages to achieve the same end result. Id rather stay down fast and low and take minimum fire as opposed to low and slow being able to take a little more, maybe thats just me...

An A-10 being able to take a "little more" damage versus a Harrier? :huh:

A Harrier is a light weight virtually non-armored single engine aircraft. Out of currently flown aircraft, I would wager it is one of the most vulnerable to enemy fire. Sub-sonic, high radar cross section, relatively thin skinned, large single engine with tons of vulnerable ducting etc. Would still be fun to fly though!

GPU: RTX 4090 - 3,000 MHz core / 12,000 MHz VRAM. 

CPU: 7950X3d - 5.2 GHz X3d, 5.8 GHz secondary / MB: ASUS Crosshair X670E Gene / RAM: G.Skill 48GB 6400 MHz

SSD: Intel Optane P5800X - 800GB

VR: Pimax Crystal

CONTROLS: VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base / VPC Constellation ALPHA Prime Grip / VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle / TM Pendular Rudders

I don't doubt the capabilities of the f15 especially when teamed up with AMRAAM but for you to suppose its invincible against ground attack aircraft like the Harrier is short sighted.

I think it's one of those questions that in and of itself doesn't make any sense, which leads to difficulty in discussion/arguing it. A Harrier wouldn't ever be tasked with taking on an air superiority fighter, in the same way a Ka-50 would never be tasked with fighting an A-10. This makes the question "who would win?" basically nonsensical since it wouldn't occur except in very specific and unusual circumstances, and in that case the specific circumstances would override any inherit pros/cons in a particular aircraft.

If you reduce it to "who could win?" then obviously, either could: they're all armed with weapons that have the capability to disable or destroy the other aircraft if they can get within launch parameters. But given a "fair fight", why would someone in an air superiority fighter permit an attack aircraft to get into that position?

You mean, like how it handles them for the Ka-50? ;)

You can get a Harrier, but why you want a plane that can only pretend to do A2A, and that's against 'lower capability threats', I dunno ;)

LOL Sea Harrier was more than capable against the Argentinian Mirages!

Anyway, I think Sea Harrier (any version) with a nice HMS Invincible with the ski jump ramp at the end would be a great addition.

Harrier in general, you could have AV8s on those assault ships the US Marines operate.

Imagine take off from a car park in one of those great DCS cities or towns, or from a hide in the countryside.

We can dream.

I think an F-15 study would be nice. Either C or E, even though both would be even better. If no F-15 then I definitely have to go with the F/A18. There hasn't been a decent sim on that bird since Jane's F/A18.. She could definitely use some more PC time.

Why is the rum always gone!?!?!?!

I like a two seat fighter/attack aircraft, such as an F-15E/K, F-14D, Tornado, or perhaps the best of all things combined, an F/A-18F! A lot of interesting details to be worked out with a two person crew, but very intriguing, nonetheless.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte P55-USB3

Intel i7-870 with 8 GB DDR3-1333

nVidia GeForce 470 GTX 1280mb RAM

SoundBlaster X-Fi Titanium

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit