Patch 1.0.2 for "DCS: Black Shark"

Ulrich

Wolf rider what did you do? if some one fixes or has a suggestion that works please elaberate...

Thanks heaps Garfieldo... that was the fix :thumbup:

the options.lua was there right in the middle of it

:pilotfly:

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks to user lockon071607 on lockonfiles.com, who posted re modman:

To make modman work:

01. Save the file called Launcher.exe found in \Black Shark \bin\stable BEFORE applying the patch (or restore from backup).

02. After the patch create the folder called "stable" inside the \Black Shark \bin\. The path will look like this \Black Shark \bin\stable. The bin folder will also contain a the new folder called x86. Ignore the x86 since it belong to the 1.0.2 patch.

03. Copy the file called Launcher.exe that you previously saved into the "stable" folder.

04. Start ModMan. It will ask you for the root directory of Black Shark. Point it to the root directory and once you click OK it should start normally. Since this is a new installation it will create the backup folders again.

Pimax Crystal VR & Simpit User | Ryzen CPU & Nvidia RTX GPU | Some of my mods

"Config/Weapons",

"Config/ServerGraphics.cfg",

"Scripts/Aircrafts/_Common",

Ok, so it is scripts/aircrafts/_common" that is failing the check

It is easy to fail check on "scripts/aircrafts/_common" with BS, because of fmoptions.lua, which is commonly modified by users for customized trimmer zone. :noexpression:

Wir sehen uns in Walhalla.

This download is huge! Why not incorporating patch into full installer then?

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

Grimes - which official statment said it was ok to upgrade from 1.0.1c?

I need to know why there are conflicting information. :)

I don't know if it can be taken as official statement, but...

если у тебя не стоят никакие модификации просто устанавливай новый патч.

Он кумулятивный, может ставится как на версию 1.0, так и на 1.0.1.

"If you don't have any mods, simply install new patch. It is cumulative and can be installed over 1.0 and 1.0.1."

This was said about Russian version, however it is very likely to be true for other versions too.

Wir sehen uns in Walhalla.

Thanks ZaltysZ.

Well, Chizh knows what he is talking about of course, but I also know how installers work. That and what Ulrich informed us about put together makes me fairly certain that you should go 1.0 -> 1.0.2 to be 100% failsafe.

The mind is like a parachute. It only works when it's open | The important thing is not to stop questioning

Wolf rider what did you do? if some one fixes or has a suggestion that works please elaberate...

I went to the folder indicated in the path listed by Garfieldo and temporarily (best shot approach) removed the individual folders listed within the Ka50 folder, made sure the shortcut was reset back from Run as Administrator... started the sim and all worked.

I then put the folders which were removed from the Ka50 folder back in, restarted the sim and the problem came back.

(from memory, I had been running BS without setting the root folder to Users ~ Full Control and had switched that in not long ago. With LOCKON, I had set for Full Cntrol from the go get, which explains probably why I didn't have that sim in the Virtual Store. This may also explain why TIR was loading only it's default profile, :dunno: no matter which profile was flagged to the lockon exe, as TIR had a folder in the virtual store :huh: and had been running it for a while before setting the root folder permissions).

Anyways, I uninstalled, reinstalled, making sure the Ka50 folder was removed from Virtual Store before reinstalling, and ran it to find all is good and no Ka50 folder to be found in Virtual Store and no activation burnt.

A nice frame rate and smoothness without any tweaks :D

Once again... thanks for the help, :beer: it is greatly appreciated

*Late Entry

Yep, that fixed my TIR customed profiles not loading

Edited by Wolf Rider
  • Like 1

City Hall is easier to fight, than a boys' club - an observation :P

"Resort is had to ridicule only when reason is against us." - Jefferson

"Give a group of potheads a bunch of weed and nothing to smoke out of, and they'll quickly turn into engineers... its simply amazing."

EVGA X99 FTW, EVGA GTX980Ti FTW, i7 5930K, 16Gb Corsair Dominator 2666Hz, Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit, Intel 520 SSD x 2, Samsung PX2370 monitor and all the other toys

-

"I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar"

I did a fresh reinstall this morning and downloaded the 1.0.1 patch because I was having trouble joining the 104th BS server. Thought I was dreaming when I seen the 1.0.2 patch, but downloaded it anyhow. After applying the 1.0.1 patch and seen it fixed my issue, I installed the 1.0.2 on top of it.

I been playing most all day and have not seen any problems on the 104th FC2 server. :joystick::pilotfly:

Good to hear. I have already installed over 1.01, as the way I read the announcement I took it was ok to install over 1.01. I do not have any mods to worry with either.

I really do not relish the idea of having to completely uninstall and reinstall. Have not had a chance yet to run the sim after patching but will do so today. I guess if things do not seem quite right I can then consider a complete uninstall and reinstall. Have not seen to many patches that require that measure.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

I don't mean to be grumpy but maybe next time ED should sort such things out within the staff and place a proper "big red warning" on the very first installer screen. I'm talking about "clean or over 1.0.1 installation" confusion. There was some good deal of confusion just after the release of FC2 too. Not a big deal if you can ask on the forums and get an answer in no time but re-installing itself (after getting the info from the forums) can be frustrating.

Other than that I can't wait to treat my huge ears with the new sound engine :) Also keeping a log of every single change I made to my configs since the clean installation should give some benefits now.

Just ran my first mission with 1.02, which I installed over 1.01. Seems to be running fine with no issue. Seriously, even the initial post on this thread states it can be installed over an activated copy of 1.01, so I just did not get why some were stating the only way to do it was to install BS 1.0 clean and then upgrade to 1.02. But nonetheless...

Anway, my performance fps wise seems to have increased with this patch.

The new sound engine sounds pretty cool to me in some areas, and in some areas not as cool. Namely in cockpit, things like launching missiles , raising and lowering gear, seem more muffled to me and not as pronounced as the were. Exterior sounds like rotors sound great to me.

I notice Betty's voice is in russian now. I know it has been previously stated that if you choose Russian side you get Russian voice, American side you get English voice. That is not accurate in my case, I am flying the American side and still I get the Russian voice...

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Installed 1.02 over 1.01c just fine except for the option reset but that's not really a problem.

I do notice the quieter sounds but that might be for the best. A lot of times the sound bug made things very loud and we got used to it. There's also a new (I think) slider in the audio options for "headphones" or similar that is worth playing with.

The new soundengine sounds absolutly kewl!

Are the landing-area texture new? Very well!

I hope modman will work as soon as possible!

Good job at Eagle!

PS: Why I can't view the training tracks now? Hmpf!

Edited by Tualatin

[sIGPIC]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic34649_6.gif[/sIGPIC]

VKB Gunfighter MCG Pro Mk.II, VKB T-Rudder Pedals Mk.IV

So once the patch is installed and everything running satisfactorily, can the backup directory and the files within be safely deleted?

I show a backup directory under Eagle Dynamics/Ka-50 with 1.69gb of files within it.

Don B

Annoying the training tracks can't be viewed with the patch; though I assume this is due to track incompatibility and snd engine fixes.

Edited by _Dredd

Current Flight Rig

i7 4960X @ 4.6Ghz

ASUS Rampage IV Formula

G.SKILL TridentX 2400Mhz 32GB DDR3

Crucial 1TB MX300 SSD

MSI Gaming X 1080Ti

Samsung 55" JS8000 SUHD 4K

Windows 10 x64

TrackIR 5, Warthog HOTAS

Saitek Pro Flight Combat Pedals

Custom Akers-Barnes, MkI eyeball.

No not yet its being worked on hope fully by next week..

So does Modman 7.2 work with this?

Forgive me for not wanting to read the thread

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

This patch adds ...

Several additions and a few bugfixes have also been included in this patch.

For a more complete list of changes and improvements, please refer to the readme1.0.2_en file.

I don't want to be irritating but are there any actual additions and bug fixes for the simulation itself? Apart from the Missile error probability I 've seen nothing else being changed regarding the simulation itself.

I've been reading about how the new patch causes cloud flicker and other annoying symptoms that people have fixed thru mods.

Just a reminder - you don't need modman for alot of the mods. You can simply open the .zip or .rar file of the mod and drop the included file manually into the appropriate. directory (after backing it up first). I've already done this twice

- open NoCloudShadows.zip and drop CLOUDSHADOW.TGA into bazar/TempTextures

- open cockpit mouse view and trackIR fix.zip and drop View.lua into Config/View

Fixed these two issues for me.

Edited by Woots

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You may install release version again, it will not ask you for activation, and 1.0.2 installer will found it. Or you may like to add registry stings with a path to 1.0 version yourself:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, 'Software\Eagle Dynamics\BlackShark', 'Path', BSPath

or something like

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, 'Software\\Wow6432Node\Eagle Dynamics\BlackShark', 'Path', BSPath

for 64-bit Win-7 OS.

1.0.2 patch or new install of 1.0.2 version do not require new activation if your version wass activated already.

I don't see how these lines of code would be sufficient to recreate the registry keys of an installed BS copy even for someone familiar with registry editing. Obviously the information on what should be the Path and BSPath values is missing.

I set it up like this

DCS_BS_registrykey_x64.png

where f:\DCSBS102\ is the location of my main Black Shark directory. The patch installer picked the path up. With Path and BSPath empty the installer required manual navigation to Black Shark directory.

Edited by Bucic

I've installed over 1.01 so far it run flawlessly, however I noted as soon as patch for some reason when I rebooted, I lost my boot loader... weird, no biggy I re install grub, all aok :D

Thanks for the awesome patch :thumbup:

Antec 900 gaming tower, PSU: Corsair 750W, Q6600, Asus P5K, 8Gig Mushkin, Nvidia eVGA 280 GTX Superclocked 1G DDR3, SSDNOW200 Kingston Drive, TrackIr 3000+Vector, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick, Saitek rudder pedals pro, Sharp 42" inch LCD Aquo. OS: windows 7 64bit.

I installed over 1.01 but noticed something strange.

Both Auto hover and Turn to target don't work anymore. I engage autohover < 5 kts (as I've always done) and get no help from the autopilot. I drift as if it wasn't engaged. Also, turn to target won't point the nose at the targeting recticle. BUT, if I engage route mode my nose swings around to the route heading like a bat outta hell. All three are different behaviors than before. I really don't want to uninstall and start from scratch but this is weird. Anyone else notice anything close to the above?

EDIT: Here's a track file

dap modes.trk

Edited by Woots

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

So does Modman 7.2 work with this?

Forgive me for not wanting to read the thread

You can edit modman.ini if you don't want to wait.

Look for:

GAME_NAME = DCS series

GAME_ID = dcs

GAME_REGKEY =

GAME_REGKEY_PATH = Path

GAME_EXE = bin\x86\stable\launcher.exe

change "GAME_EXE = bin\stable\launcher.exe" to "GAME_EXE = bin\x86\stable\launcher.exe"

You can edit modman.ini if you don't want to wait.

Look for:

GAME_NAME = DCS series

GAME_ID = dcs

GAME_REGKEY =

GAME_REGKEY_PATH = Path

GAME_EXE = bin\x86\stable\launcher.exe

change "GAME_EXE = bin\stable\launcher.exe" to "GAME_EXE = bin\x86\stable\launcher.exe"

Kewl hint, thank you for your posting!

[sIGPIC]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic34649_6.gif[/sIGPIC]

VKB Gunfighter MCG Pro Mk.II, VKB T-Rudder Pedals Mk.IV