Patch 1.0.2 for "DCS: Black Shark"

Ulrich

Awsomeness!!!! Just flew an hour on the 104th. Lot's of players datalinking and calling in SEAD support. Just the kind war we've been waithing for. Great job Eagle!

Indeed, it's actually at the point where we're going to have to start switching frequencies and organising 4 ships. There is a real danger of public DCS multiplayer servers becoming serious instead of just boring airquake.

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On mission planner for multiplayer, I haven't checked that this is actual fact of reason for omission but I would assume that it's because the Mission Planner uses the mission editor GUI (you could simplify it through saying that what you are doing is you are using the mission editor but with most "non-planning" features removed). The mission editor resides in launcher.exe, not simulator.exe/dcs.exe, and multiplayer never uses launcher.exe. So there's a very hardcoded barrier to be overcome to get it into multiplayer.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Awsomeness!!!! Just flew an hour on the 104th. Lot's of players datalinking and calling in SEAD support. Just the kind war we've been waithing for. Great job Eagle!

Indeed, it's actually at the point where we're going to have to start switching frequencies and organising 4 ships. There is a real danger of public DCS multiplayer servers becoming serious instead of just boring airquake.

This is what I'm talking about :)

On mission planner for multiplayer, I haven't checked that this is actual fact of reason for omission but I would assume that it's because the Mission Planner uses the mission editor GUI (you could simplify it through saying that what you are doing is you are using the mission editor but with most "non-planning" features removed). The mission editor resides in launcher.exe, not simulator.exe/dcs.exe, and multiplayer never uses launcher.exe. So there's a very hardcoded barrier to be overcome to get it into multiplayer.

I get it as a reply to my question. Thank you you took time to answer my question. I guess this limit can by overcome by opening the mission file from the certain server found in the \Temp\ folder.

Does the new 1.0.2 patch includes updated 1.1 Georgian Oil War campaign as per official DCS site or its rather reccomended to update it after 1.0.2? I've also noticed that Missions folder has new structure-it contains 'bs' subfolder which acts as a default one (ie ...\missions\campaigns\bs\en\ is default) and placing anything in \missions\campaigns\ will fail. But there are still many .miz files hence question - how does it work now?

Does the new 1.0.2 patch includes updated 1.1 Georgian Oil War campaign as per official DCS site or its rather reccomended to update it after 1.0.2? I've also noticed that Missions folder has new structure-it contains 'bs' subfolder which acts as a default one (ie ...\missions\campaigns\bs\en\ is default) and placing anything in \missions\campaigns\ will fail. But there are still many .miz files hence question - how does it work now?

Noticed it too. Seems they forgot to delete the campaigns in /campaigns. The GOW campaign in there is the old one, the updated on is in /campaigns/bs/en.

Also, there are two ka-50 arcade in /missions/quickstart.

AMD Ryzen 1400 // 16 GB DDR4 2933Mhz // Nvidia 1060 6GB // W10 64bit // Microsoft Sidewinder Precision 2

Turning the helicopter seems a lot less responsive. If this is more realistic then that is great, but I hope they did not add behind the scenes joystick curves. Not accusing them of doing this btw.

I have not noticed this at all, matter of fact it kept my curve and dead zone settings I had prior to updating with the new patch.

You might want to check your axis settings to make sure any you had set did not get reset to default.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Ok, so I keep seeing posts scattered throughout saying that 1.02 must be installed over a clean installation of Black Shark 1.0.

When I downloaded the 1.02 patch after seeing the original post here by Ulrich, the way I read it was it could be installed over an activated copy of 1.01, which is what I did. The patch appeared to install just fine, and seems to be running very well - my performance improved some as well.

So after seeing these posts that the only way to patch is to install Black Shark clean and then upgrade with this latest patch, I am wondering if I should go ahead and uninstall everything and do a clean install and then patch, even though mine seems to be running well?

Just curious as to others thoughts and why...

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Just before I apply the patch, will my config files etc be reset after the patch is applied?

I have used a lot of time (countless of hours) tweaking the config files etc to keep the Shark smooth regarding fps. So, should I backup my config files or input files before applying the patch?

My moviemaking channel at YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/user/RobertDamli

the only thing that will change is some setting because of the individaul A/C setting

So you might want to go in there and make sure.:thumbup:

Just before I apply the patch, will my config files etc be reset after the patch is applied?

I have used a lot of time (countless of hours) tweaking the config files etc to keep the Shark smooth regarding fps. So, should I backup my config files or input files before applying the patch?

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

Eh, Mastiff, proper patch procedure WILL remove those tweaks. In fact, it'll set everything back to default. So Kaptein_Damli needs to take backups. Also, note that exact structure might have changed in a couple departments, especially since some options have been moved to a separate file to facilitate server integrity checking routines without being too restrictive on benign edits, so you might have to do some manual labor to tweak your original edits in depending on what exactly you have tweaked.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

|
| Life of a Game Tester

doesn't the patch back up those files for you? I seen a backup folder in there?

Eh, Mastiff, proper patch procedure WILL remove those tweaks. In fact, it'll set everything back to default. So Kaptein_Damli needs to take backups. Also, note that exact structure might have changed in a couple departments, especially since some options have been moved to a separate file to facilitate server integrity checking routines without being too restrictive on benign edits, so you might have to do some manual labor to tweak your original edits in depending on what exactly you have tweaked.

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

Unfortunatly those files needs to be reset - otherwise you will end up with a broken install.

There are quite many new parameters inside many of the files.

If you patch while those (modified custom) file exist, the patcher wont overwrite them - and you'll end up with quite a few strange problems.

1.0 -> 1.0.2 is the proper method to avoid this.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=738468&postcount=2

Edited by Panzertard

The mind is like a parachute. It only works when it's open | The important thing is not to stop questioning

Have been playing singleplayer with 1.02 for the last two days and I'm loving it. The new sound engine is great, liked it since the first time I ran FC 2.0 and I'm glad it's finally in BS.

I have a strong feeling tham my A.I wingmen undergo some serious training and they are better in every aspect, reporting, engaging, evading.

Might finally kick myself to try some of the mp stuff.

Overall, great job ED!

Ok, I've tried to have a quick read through of this thread, but don't recall seeing these two items:

1) My trimmer doesn't work correctly post patch (clean 1.0 -> 1.02) The rudder trim works, and the heading is recentred, but pitch and roll stick inputs are no longer trimmed in. (I've tried playing with both options in the setup menu)

2) I haven't noticed this before, so it looked a bit odd when I saw it (maybe it should be like this) but is the the entire throttle assembly meant to rotate with the collective lever? It seems pretty wierd, and tbh doesn't look right.

1) FFB stick? If not, is FFB set to false in producer.cfg?

2) Yes.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

|
| Life of a Game Tester

I'm not sure if I did somethng wrong during the installation, but it installed the Blackshark game shortcuts into the Lockon Flaming Cliffs 2 game menus.

Did this happen to anyone else, or is it just me??? :doh:

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

Cranes move?

I've been flying DCS since it was only available in Russian and Lomac since 1.0 and I don't recall ever seeing cranes move until now. Have I been that unobservant all this time or is this new to the update.

Smokin' Hole

My DCS wish list: Su25, Su30, Mi24, AH1, F/A-18C, Afghanistan ...and frankly, the flight sim world should stop at 1995.

Is it possible to backup keyboard/joystick settings? if yes, which files?

There you go.

Here, in post #2 you can find a miniguide how to start patching:

TROUBLESHOOTING - Help us help you.

Please check the manual a bit for undertanding how to deploy weapons. :)

You can save profile in same screen where you're setting keyboard/joystick (Options - Controls, upper right corner).

After reinstall you can load it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yes, you can click Save Profile on the top/right of the Controls screen. It only saves the currently selected controller. So, you have to save one for your joystick, another for your pedals, ect... Also, do the same thing for each aircraft, so you could have a lot of profiles to save.

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

Procedure:

• Backup \Config\Input\Aircrafts
    • Remove from backup you took:
      • aircraftNames.lua
      • Any default.lua you find in the subfolders.

OK, I get it now