• No
    • In an update/Patch after the game is done

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Graphic Options - Cockpit and terrain textures

Hi everybody,

I'm just thinking that the texture resolution settings in A-10 should be divided into 2 parts - cockpit and outside - unlike in black shark. Why I think that would be a good thing, is that it will enable people with lower-end computers to still run the game with high quality cockpits, while having texture and vehicle resolution much lower.

What do you think?

Please remove Starforce. No I am not one of those general Starforce wingers but you guys seem to be really uptight every time someone mentions it.

Pretty much every DRM method is crackable, including Starforce (I won't mention anymore, most people know this anyway) but there is also many disadvantages of it.

The limit of installations can get very frustrating for someone who constantly upgrades their PC, and the hassle of having to ask for a new set of licenses when running out. The Steam method is a good alternative and will also bring in a lot of new users that only use that platform, but there shouldn't be anything like Starforce to limit your gaming.

It would be interesting to trial no Starforce DRM on DCS-A10 to see how many new sales it brings it, I know a lot of people that waited just for a Steam release to get away from it.

Thanks

I miss that feature.... I'd like to have High textures in cockpit but I can't cause both settings are together.... It should be separated!

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

About the effects of the wings, I would say yes if they appear in the right weather conditions. It should not be that hard to code (also, if done, it should have an option to turn off, like grass). About the wings flexing, I think it would add great eye candy to the sim, if accompanied by cockpit shack when releasing weapons could even be greater. Don't know how the models are made for DCS, but it must be some kind of parent/children association and in that case shouldn't be hard to animate, the hard part I guess, is to shack them in the right condition. Real aircraft cockpits are not static flying, I remember some of my flights thinking that the panel would leave the cockpit (helicopter) and put my hand to stabilize it so I could read the instruments. It would be great if ED could capture this environment. I am sure Ka-50 vibrates a lot more in real life, although that should be a option. It's a sim and not real life, in the sim you can get off the vibrations in real life you waste your spine flying one. :pilotfly:

Just my two cents, regards.

ASUS N552VX | i7-6700HQ @ 2.59GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | NVIDIA GF GTX 950M 4 Gb | 250 Gb SSD | 1 Tb HD SATA II Backup | TIR4 | Microsoft S. FF 2+X52 Throttle+Saitek Pedals | Win 10 64 bits

There is an option to add skakiness to the cockpit already FYI.

"Shackiness" of the cockpit/panel or "shackiness" of the view/head FMI?

ASUS N552VX | i7-6700HQ @ 2.59GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | NVIDIA GF GTX 950M 4 Gb | 250 Gb SSD | 1 Tb HD SATA II Backup | TIR4 | Microsoft S. FF 2+X52 Throttle+Saitek Pedals | Win 10 64 bits

How can I turn that on so I can try it?

I'd like to see:

- Better sense of flight during landing and stalling

- Better AI in ground vehicles

- Remove the AA fire control radar from those BMP-2s!

- Better modeling of trees - no more ATGMs flying through forests

- Over wing vapor - definitely

- Better weather - clouds etc

- Better missile modeling - perhaps we can leave that until we have some fighters ;)

- Better radio environment - chatter from AI/GC etc

But, hey, its looking good!

• Like 1

I'd like to see:

- Better sense of flight during landing and stalling

- Better AI in ground vehicles

- Remove the AA fire control radar from those BMP-2s!

- Better modeling of trees - no more ATGMs flying through forests

- Over wing vapor - definitely

- Better weather - clouds etc

- Better missile modeling - perhaps we can leave that until we have some fighters ;)

- Better radio environment - chatter from AI/GC etc

But, hey, its looking good!

Good list, I agree with everything :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My Sim/Game CV: Falcon 1,3,4. Gunship. A10 TankKiller. Fighter Bomber. Strike eagle 2&3. F19 Stealth Fighter. F117. Wings. F29 Retaliator. Jetfighter II. F16 Fighting Falcon. Strike Commander. F22 Raptor. F16MRF. ATF. EF2000. Longbow 1&2. TankKiller2 Silent Thunder. Hind. Apache Havoc. EECH. EAW. F22 ADF. TAW. Janes WW2,USAF,IAF,F15,F18. F18 Korea. F18 Super Hornet. B17 II. CFS 2. Flanker 2&2.5. BOB. Mig Alley. IL2. LOMAC. IL2FB. FC2. DCS:BS. DCS:A10C.

I would like to have the possibility of spare views of the different panels -Falcon style- and send it to different screens -not affected by TIR- in order to do it work with touchscreens

ah, and an adecuate management of the bass frecuencies to have a good functioning of shaker devices

Edited by Ninefingers
add text

My TM Warthog DIY extension tutorial

C2Duo E8600 @ 4.4Ghz. | Asus Rampage Formula X48 | MSI GTX 560Ti OC |

8Gb.Corsair DDR2 RAM @ 1103Mhz. | Crucial M4 128Gb. SSD | 850W. PSU |

HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Pedals | TIR 5 | Helios | 24" Monitor/22" Touchscreen

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Better multi screen in general. Should not have to use lua script to make multiple monitors work I would think. Windows knows what monitor is where, can DCS use that monitor designation and resolution information? Or a menu window inside the game. We have the ability to set game resolution on the main monitor in settings. Is it so hard to have that menu also work with multi setups? If the Cockpit MFDs have an output channel in the game, seems like it would be easy to designate that output channel to monitor x if the multi screen box is checked. That would be awesome.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Aaron

i7 2600k@4.4ghz, GTX1060-6gb, 16gb DDR3, T16000m, Track IR5

BS2-A10C-UH1-FC3-M2000-F18C-A4E-F14B-BF109

• 2 months later...

Units like Lock On

I would spect more new units like the Russian Coastal Artillery System BEREG 130-mm Self-propelled that was in Lock On, the BMPT Terminator, Pantsir S1 and 2s31 "Vena". Cause in the DCS A-10C Beta I only see (in the Encyclopedia) the same units as in the DCS BS.

Thanks.

Better multi screen in general. Should not have to use lua script to make multiple monitors work I would think. Windows knows what monitor is where, can DCS use that monitor designation and resolution information? Or a menu window inside the game. We have the ability to set game resolution on the main monitor in settings. Is it so hard to have that menu also work with multi setups? If the Cockpit MFDs have an output channel in the game, seems like it would be easy to designate that output channel to monitor x if the multi screen box is checked. That would be awesome.

I am fine with the lua script setup -- somebody provided instructions and I was able to set mine up pretty quickly without trouble. I wouldn't want to leave it to Microsoft for adjustment/placement of my MFD screens.

Now I would like the same native support for other gauges. That would be perfect for this sim and all follow on sims in the series.

Ripcord

[sIGPIC]sigpic65507_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

Yes, but from when BS was introduced people were able to make simple XML sheets that made it a simple matter to type in a couple resolutions and it would tell you the LUA scripting to type in. So DCS should be able to program a utility in the game that does the same and implements the LUA scripting.

If I have to do it myself I will, but I just hope it works better than BS did in MP.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Aaron

i7 2600k@4.4ghz, GTX1060-6gb, 16gb DDR3, T16000m, Track IR5

BS2-A10C-UH1-FC3-M2000-F18C-A4E-F14B-BF109

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Remove Incorrect Needle-head

I would like to see the incorrect white needle-head (a white triangle) removed from the centre of the ILS glideslop indicator of the ADI. It obscures the actual glideslope needle which is very annoying. :mad:

From other threads I understand this is a bug :megalol:

Alpine Systems PC with Intel i7-2600K @ 3.40/3.70 GHz. NVidia GTX590 Graphics. 24 Gb RAM (24 Gb usable!). 64 bit. Windows 7 PRO SP1. 3 x Samsung P2370 monitors. Thrustmaster HOTAS. TrackIR5. :joystick: