DCS A-10C QUESTIONS

Peyoteros

Hello,could someone tell me if the version will be 1109 when the boxed version comes to the US or will it be 1107 and need patched up. I know,I know just download the full version. no rush,I can wait. But I can download the patches ahead of time at my leisure.

Thanks

Based on the timeframe that patch 0.9 came out, I would assume that it will not be that. I would strongly lean toward it being 0.7 but it really does not matter.

If you are going to download anything ahead of time, why get anything but the current full version since that is what you are going to want to install anyway. There really won't be any reason to take the DVD out of the box in my mind. Even if I was not already running the game that is what I would end up doing.

Mine is likely to stay sealed anyway, so to me it is a non-issue.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

For some unknown reason, when I turn on battery power, then the APU switch, the warning signal goes off. I have pushed the fuel gauge switch with no response along with the oxygen. Even when I communicate with the ground crew for external power and they reply that they are finished still no go. Any ideas?

Have a look at the warning lights panel. Any new (unacknowledged) warnings will be blinking. You can silence them with the master caution button on the UFC.

If by 'APU switch' you mean the APU generator switch on the same panel as the battery switch, then the first warning you're hearing is that the APU generator is enabled but not running/active (because the APU hasn't been started).

Also don't forget to enable the inverter when you're powering the jet up. This is required for power to some of the engage gauges.

• Like 1

Based on the timeframe that patch 0.9 came out, I would assume that it will not be that. I would strongly lean toward it being 0.7 but it really does not matter.

If you are going to download anything ahead of time, why get anything but the current full version since that is what you are going to want to install anyway. There really won't be any reason to take the DVD out of the box in my mind. Even if I was not already running the game that is what I would end up doing.

Mine is likely to stay sealed anyway, so to me it is a non-issue.

When I bought mine over here in Skippyland I was surprised but it was .8

It was also the first one the shop had in.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] AEF Flesh | 161 SQN

System: 965BE / 5850 Toxic / TrackIR 5 Pro / 120gb Corsair Force 3 GT / 2TB Raid10 / 6GB RAM /TM HOTAS Warthog / G13 / Combat Rudder Pedals..... and lots more :doh:

CBU-97 question

Being that the CBU-97 is an advertised anti-tank weapon I find it not hardly effective at all against any tanks. Am I employing it improperly or is its utility as an anti-tank weapon in name only. Typically I leave the weapon on default altitude height of function. Any insight would be great!

Being that the CBU-97 is an advertised anti-tank weapon I find it not hardly effective at all against any tanks. Am I employing it improperly or is its utility as an anti-tank weapon in name only. Typically I leave the weapon on default altitude height of function. Any insight would be great!

The CBU-97 is not realistically modeled yet...they are working on it - http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=78046&highlight=CBU-97+WIP :thumbsup:

[sIGPIC]sigpic70266_4.gif[/sIGPIC]

Snooze-81st-vFS

Hello! I need some help from You.

Where and when I should use a TAD setting: "SPI OFF" or "SPI ON" (look a screenshot)?

Is it useful in single player missions or multiplayer missions?

I`m reading a lot the flight manual, but I can`t understand this. :)

Thanks for help.

Best regards for All!!!!!!!

Screen_111002_162751.thumb.jpg.408f6ed480e9529a9615ce162848b165.jpg

• ED Team
Hello! I need some help from You.

Where and when I should use a TAD setting: "SPI OFF" or "SPI ON" (look a screenshot)?

Is it useful in single player missions or multiplayer missions?

I`m reading a lot the flight manual, but I can`t understand this. :)

Thanks for help.

Best regards for All!!!!!!!

SPI ON means that you are broadcasting your SPI over SADL network. DMS Left Long turns on/off SPI broadcast.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

К чему стадам дары свободы?

Их должно резать или стричь.

Наследство их из рода в роды

Ярмо с гремушками да бич.

Does anyone know of any reason I wouldn't be seeing the heat blur from my engines, despite it being turned on in graphics options?

You are at Idle or thereabouts - increase throttle and you'll see.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

I went back to Game-Stop yesterday to check on the DVD set and I was told that since they do not shows A-10 Warthog on their "Pre-Order" list, that it means that Game-Stop will most likely not carry this title.:cry:

And they wonder why they are losing the PC gamers. Simple, if they won't sell what PC gamers want, they wont shop there.

I assume you complained at it not being on the list? ;)

This is an important thing to do, and I always ask staff to let the bosses know people want whatever it is I want that they don't carry, and in many cases they actually will send this stuff up. (Whether it gets acted upon is a question of how many such reports regarding a specific item goes up.) This is obviously because whenever someone walks out of the store without making a purchase, that's a sale that will not be on that staffers statistics on his annual performance review. Play the system. :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Thanks 159th Viper.

I've got to admit, I was really surprised at seeing DCS Black Shark in PC world. Admittedly, it's the only place I know where I can go to buy flight sim type stuff that isn't online only.

There aren't enough shops that stock this kind of thing, although I do wonder from a business perspective how well they'd do.

I've even noticed EA seems to port to Console before the PC now and even some of their Sports titles are not even available for PC.

Personally, I'd like to see a good Boxing game with the Boxing legends but all I see now is wrestlng.

As for Sims, I think it's time for another STEALTH sim. F-19, F-117a Stealth Fighter was great.

Well, the thing with consoles is that gaming went mainstream through the consoles. The PC market is bigger now than it was 10 years ago, but growth in the console market has been orders of magnitude larger through "non-nerds" picking up the hobby.

A shame, IMO, but I can see why it would happen. Someone who just wants to game can by a cheap console every 5 years and be set with something that is extremely easy to use and easily lends itself to gaming with friends over a few beers. Even I bought Xbox for that purpose. So deplorable, but not unexpected. Saw this start happening big time back when the Xbox made waves with Halo and I was doing game reviewing for a living.

The thing with the PC gaming market though is that DD is growing extremely fast, since the PC lends itself very well to that delivery medium. It's the same effect as what things like iTunes and Spotify has had on music stores here; they almost don't exist because everyone gets their music online through iTunes or on their smartphone through a Spotify subscription.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

|
| Life of a Game Tester

You are at Idle or thereabouts - increase throttle and you'll see.

But why do I see others heat blur while they're at Idle too?? :huh:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus ROG STRIX Z390-F Gaming, Intel Core i7 9700k , 32gb Corsair DDR4-3200

Asus RTX 2070 super, Samsung 970 EVO Plus M2, Win10 64bit, Acer XZ321QU (WQHD)

TM HOTAS Warthog, SAITEK Rudder Pedals, TIR 5

Because their engine simulation isn't running on your machine.

All graphical effects are simplified for other jets.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

|
| Life of a Game Tester

I see. However, a jet engine generates heat blur even at idle. Would be nice to have that back... Always looks like your engines were off.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You do see it on your own jet at idle - just not as pronounced.

I also suppose that the reasonable inference that you are not staring at your own A$$ prior to take-off/at idle makes the implementation reasonable in itself :P

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

no comment... :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Team
ED hasn't made CCRP for rockets yet.

CCRP for rockets should work actually. Possibly there is a problem with illumination rockets only.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

К чему стадам дары свободы?

Их должно резать или стричь.

Наследство их из рода в роды

Ярмо с гремушками да бич.