ED SIMS SCREENSHOT AND VIDEO THREAD!!!! (NO USER MODS OR COMMENT)

rekoal

Hahahahaha yes.......Puff, 1-mississippi, 2-mississippi, 3-mississippi, 4-mississippi......dead!

Are you telling me Scots use the Mississippi as the standard measure of a second?! Shouldn't that read 1-Edinburgh, 2-Edinburgh, 3-Edinburgh?

"Red 1"

Another Su-27 skin I did today this time I copied the scheme and colours from photos and a profile I found on the net,it's not completely accurate but it is pretty close.

Thanks to E.D. for their excellent PSD template. I'll upload it at DCS at a later stage if you like it.

Cheers to all at the forums and by the way these previous screenies are all truly brilliant.

Rob(viperrm64)Mason.

I had a moment of realisation while doing that last huey pic, I just had to make my own poster for one of my favourite films.

rQZaWeM.png

who is making the mounted loud speakers mod ?

Edited by Ali Fish
  • Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The likeness is uncanny +1

Thanks. That film was why i like to fly choppers in simulations and what sparked my flightsim interest in general. It was also why i bought a PC to do it with so long ago, It was also the inspiration behind my first user name which was 9th Aircav. I guess it is why iam here doing this malarky lol. YET thinking about it all.... its never been more enjoyable than now, today....... Finally at a decent level of fidelity that we can re-produce images that we are fond off (to some meaningfull extent) That is what i think i was subconciously trying to get to. Only making sense once i had stopped trying to make it resemble somthing -that is really what was uncanny about how it came about. For me it was literally waiting to happen and if i had known this at the time i would have positioned many hueys riding over the ocean NOE style, with photoshopped waves and the sun in the back as is. which i might try, haha, re-enactment of scenes from Apocalpyse Now with the UH-1H Huey, lol ! That could be a good community screenshot competition idea if in a broader sense of memorable aviation image recreation.

Edited by Ali Fish

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

PkH6KAW.jpg

FEfUAqm.jpg

Nice one AliFish and my Favorite P51 too!

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10

screen130608001006.jpg

Atop the midnight tarmac,

a metal beast awaits.

To be flown below the radar,

to bring the enemy his fate.

HAVE A BANDIT DAY !

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"When I'm working on a problem, I never think about beauty. I think only how to solve the problem. But when I have finished, if the solution is not beautiful, I know it is wrong." - R. Buckminster Fuller (1895 - 1983), American Architect, Author, Designer, Inventor, and Futurist

"Blue 17" Su-27 Skin

Here's another Su-27 skin I finished tonight, again like the previous skin it's copied from a profile I found on the net and it's about 95% accurate(not sure how to get rid of the "BBC" decals on the tail and I think the numbers are a little big and just in the wrong place)so please be gentle.

I have included the profile jpg for you to compare so please feel free to improve it if you want, don't forget I am just a beginner nowhere in the same league as such greats as Tom Weiss and Jack to name just a couple.

Anyway I hope you like it and I will upload it to DCS tomorrow morning if I get the chance.

Thanks.

Rob(viperrm64)Mason.

P.S.Since posting this I have realized the numbers are not red but a bright blue this has now been changed. SORRY.

Edited by Viperrm64

In regards to the Apocalypse Now reference, once we have EDGE and someone makes a SE Asia map with coastal villages like that classic scene from the movie no doubt map makers and mission builders will recreate that village down to the last bamboo pole.

A few years away yet but you just know it WILL happen.

Hell there will be whole Apocalypse Now campaigns with themes like "find the patrol boat and recover the stolen surfboard" etc.

The future looks like a lot of fun.

Hawk_5

Modules:

A10C, BS2, FC3, P51, CA, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2

System:

Gigabyte GA-X79UP4 MB, intel 3930k, Coolermaster Siedon 120M liquid cooled, Corsair Vengence Red 16GB 2133Mhz, Gigabyte Geforce GTX680 2GB Super o'clk, intel 520 SSD 240GB,

Seagate Barracuda 2TB HD, Coolermaster Silent Pro 800W PS, Coolermaster CM690 II Case

Thank you Flanker I guessed it was something to do with the alpha channels but wasn't sure how to go about doing it , now thanks to you I know how, one more question do you know where the textures are for the Flankers weapon pylons I cannot seem to find them.

Thanks again.

Rob.

Edited by Viperrm64

In regards to the Apocalypse Now reference, once we have EDGE and someone makes a SE Asia map with coastal villages like that classic scene from the movie no doubt map makers and mission builders will recreate that village down to the last bamboo pole.

A few years away yet but you just know it WILL happen.

Hell there will be whole Apocalypse Now campaigns with themes like "find the patrol boat and recover the stolen surfboard" etc.

The future looks like a lot of fun.

But will we get the "napalm"......

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Blue 17 ver 2(thanks to Flanker).

Thanks to Flanker.

With his help my latest skin "Blue 17" is now even closer to the real thing(profile I found online), being a Photoshop "noob" is not much fun but I am beginning to grasp it now, all the help from experts such as Flanker is much appreciated.

Rob(viperrm64)Mason.

A couple of shots from a mission last weekend.

How our RWRs looked entering the AO.

Screen_130601_195611.jpg

The RWR in the same place after hitting "SEP" :eek:

Screen_130601_195616.jpg

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

Kazakhstan Air Force Su-27 "Red 23"

Hello everyone at ED forums. I've just completed this 99% accurate Kazakhstan AF Su-27 skin. I will upload it to DCS in the near future(Sunday sometime) but for now here is some screenshots of it.

I hope you like them.

Thanks Rob(viperrm64)mason.

P.S. Just quickly once again thanks to Flanker for all his help no doubt I will need it again!!!