Mirage F1

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
knellknell, your texturing skills are impressive.

Keep up the good work!

Hum I`ve been monitoring the progress of this model on Check-Six, and actually I think that this last skin was made by "Duderino27", and it`s superb.(N`est-ce pas knell?). This does not void the merit knell deserves for putting together this awesome model. I am really looking forward the implementation in LOMAC. As for right now, it will be added as an AI controlled ac. But now that this 3rd party model is being integrated in the game, all hopes are justified now I guess lol

Cheers,

=ACU=Tech

TECH Systemes

Computer 1 Computer 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Long time we have not heard about the mighty F1. I hope everything is going okay. I am realy looking forward for this magnicifant plane, even only as AI version.

Question for knell:

I saw you were gathering references on the check-six forum to send a package to ED. Were you sucessfull in obtaining usefull material like flight or weapon employment manuals ? As it seems the best way of "convince" ED is by providing manuals :)

Then I have some questions about the exact armament of the Mirage F1 CT. With my limited french I read at the check six forum that the only A-G weapons carried by the F1s are currently the MK-80 family bombs and LGBs ( but only with external lasing ). This seems very limited to me. The iraqi F.1EQs, wich are very similar to the french CT standart as far as I know, were using Exocets AShMs, ARMAT ARMs and AS.30L ASMs ( iluminating with their own Atlis designators ) and even adapted Kh-29L in the Iran-Iraq war. I wonder if the french F1s can't carry these advanced weapons as well ( excluding the Kh-29L of course ) ? Or perhaps the french F1s can use these weapons but don't operationaly do so ?

And what is about the various french bomb types like BAT, BAP, Durandal, Belouga, EU2 etc., aren't these carried anymore ? It is extremly hard to find accuarte infos about the armament of the F1 ( or french weapons in general ) and I would apreciate some insight by a obvious expert in that field very much.

Were you sucessfull in obtaining usefull material like flight or weapon employment manuals ? As it seems the best way of "convince" ED is by providing manuals :)

At some stage, either in this thread or another, someone posted a picture, regarding a MirageF1 manual 1990-edition of the South African Airforce. I cant really remember if the manual was available as download, purchuse or owned by a private individual.

met vriendelijke groet,

Михель

"умный, спортсмен, комсомолетс"

[sIGPIC]159th_pappavis.jpg[/sIGPIC]

[TABLE]SPECS: i9-9900K 32gigs RAM, Geforce 2070RTX, Creative XFi Fata1ity, TIR5, Valve Index & HP Reverb, HOTAS Warthog, Logitech G933 Headset, 10Tb storage.[/TABLE]

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

Sorry for long time without a word, but i m back and still alive :)

The skins will be finalise soon for the three model of F1 (C, CR and CT)

@Mbot : It s difficult to find some good material for F1 and for French Aircraft. As F1 pilot i had a lot of documentation but mainly classified. So it s impossible for me to release anythings. That s why i asked on checkSix forum for some "member search" on the net. We get some, but we need more info ....

For the weapons, basicly, a french fighter is a NATO fighter. So he is techniquely able to carry any weapons at NATO standards. It is the "interoperability" Same for foreign NATO fighters who are able to cary french weapons. The problem, in both side, is the calculator in the aircraft, who need some basic balistic informations to release weapon in good condition.

Nice to hear you and the F1s are still alive and well :) I can't wait for the day to see your magificant F1 model in Lock On.

I also hope that you are able to find some unclassified sources of F1 documentation. I guess it must be a bit fustrating to have everything needed at hand but not beeing alowed to use these informations.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...