Best Rudder Pedals Available?

All,

I know that most rudders will be compatible with the new Warthog.

I have my G940 on sale on eBay in preparation for the hopeful arrival of the Warthog from Amazon UK on Friday. I just cant get on with it so its got to go (and this is after I sold my Cougar for it!).

so, I'm looking for rudder pedals and looking for some advice.

Has anyone tried the Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals in comparison with the CH Rudder Pedals? Also does anyone think that the Saitek Pro Flight Combat Rudder pedals will really be worth twice as much as the Saitek Pro Pedals? I know they're all metal and more adjustable but worth twice the cost?

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Jase.

Rig: Home Built, water cooled,i5 2500K @ 4.3Ghz, ASUS P8P67Pro Mobo, 8GB Patriot Viper 2 Sector 5 RAM, MSI Nvidia GTX970 4GB Gaming OC, 120GB OCZ Vertex 2e SSD Boot, 120GB OCZ Vertex 2e SSD Games (BS & WH), Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB other,

Samsung UE37D5000 37" LED TV,EloTouch 1600x1200 secondary, Thrustmaster Warthog No.467, Thrustmaster MFD, Saitek Pro Pedals, Track IR4 with Track Clip Pro.

Ex RAF Aircrew, Real Life Pilot, proud Geek and father of one :)

I've had my CH pedals for over 7 years and they still work perfectly. Same goes with the rest of my CH set up.

i7-4820k @ 3.7, Windows 7 64-bit, 16GB 1866mhz EVGA GTX 970 2GB, 256GB SSD, 500GB WD, TM Warthog, TM Cougar MFD's, Saitek Combat Pedals, TrackIR 5, G15 keyboard, 55" 4K LED

I have CH pedals and they work great, only pedals I've owned so can't assist with a comparison.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 10700K OC 5.1GHZ / 500GB SSD & 1TB M:2 & 4TB HDD / MSI Gaming MB / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM / Win 10 / TrackIR 4 Pro / CH Pedals / TM Warthog

Thanks guys.

very much appreciated.

It seems CH are popular and the Saitek Combat's may be worth waiting for.

Simpeds I've seen but they are just way expensive given the fact that I have just paid for a Warthog so may have to give those a miss. Same for FlightLinks though they do look amazing.

J

Rig: Home Built, water cooled,i5 2500K @ 4.3Ghz, ASUS P8P67Pro Mobo, 8GB Patriot Viper 2 Sector 5 RAM, MSI Nvidia GTX970 4GB Gaming OC, 120GB OCZ Vertex 2e SSD Boot, 120GB OCZ Vertex 2e SSD Games (BS & WH), Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB other,

Samsung UE37D5000 37" LED TV,EloTouch 1600x1200 secondary, Thrustmaster Warthog No.467, Thrustmaster MFD, Saitek Pro Pedals, Track IR4 with Track Clip Pro.

Ex RAF Aircrew, Real Life Pilot, proud Geek and father of one :)

I think that the best (combat) pedals you can buy are these:

F-16 Type 43 replica pedals from Realsimulator

One review: (Google this) xflight.de/pe_sim_com_rud

Cheers !

EDIT: Corrected Link, impossible to publish a direct link

Edited by Ninefingers
add text

My TM Warthog DIY extension tutorial

C2Duo E8600 @ 4.4Ghz. | Asus Rampage Formula X48 | MSI GTX 560Ti OC |

8Gb.Corsair DDR2 RAM @ 1103Mhz. | Crucial M4 128Gb. SSD | 850W. PSU |

HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Pedals | TIR 5 | Helios | 24" Monitor/22" Touchscreen

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

CH pedals are too crampled. I had them for 3 years and they where unconfortable after 1 hour at max, i ended up puting the feets on the borders to get more confortable. I m only around 6 feet tall.

I swtched for RCS thrustmaster bought on e-bay, way more confortable, i ve put some halls on them with cubby help. But now i mst find a wau to make them USB. Probablt gonna wreck some TM 16000, and rewire.

HaF 922, Asus rampage extreme 3 gene, I7 950 with Noctua D14, MSI gtx 460 hawk, G skill 1600 8gb, 1.5 giga samsung HD.

Track IR 5, Hall sensed Cougar, Hall sensed TM RCS TM Warthog(2283), TM MFD, Saitek pro combat rudder, Cougar MFD.

CH pedals are too crampled. I had them for 3 years and they where unconfortable after 1 hour at max, i ended up puting the feets on the borders to get more confortable. I m only around 6 feet tall.

I swtched for RCS thrustmaster bought on e-bay, way more confortable, i ve put some halls on them with cubby help. But now i mst find a wau to make them USB. Probablt gonna wreck some TM 16000, and rewire.

Yes they are closer, but I'm 6' 2" 200lbs and I fly with them weekly for 2-6 hours at a time and never had a problem with them. I don't leave me feet in them the whole time though, that might be your problem.

i7-4820k @ 3.7, Windows 7 64-bit, 16GB 1866mhz EVGA GTX 970 2GB, 256GB SSD, 500GB WD, TM Warthog, TM Cougar MFD's, Saitek Combat Pedals, TrackIR 5, G15 keyboard, 55" 4K LED

hey let me know how you get on with the new warthog sticks as im treating myself for xmas ..was going to buy the g940 but seen this and now ill wait ..ive had x52 pro ..which i didnt like at all to big and clumsy ...watch this space ..

HAF TOWER / MSI z77 G43 /-i5-3570k.@ 3.4mhz / GTX 780 / Patriot 8GB. DDR3 / TM-HOTAS-warthog 00228

Yes they are closer, but I'm 6' 2" 200lbs and I fly with them weekly for 2-6 hours at a time and never had a problem with them. I don't leave me feet in them the whole time though, that might be your problem.

Has i sayd i used the border to operate them which caused some slips and was irritating. Anyway they are too cramped period has the TM elite rudders.

If you can there s better choices.

HaF 922, Asus rampage extreme 3 gene, I7 950 with Noctua D14, MSI gtx 460 hawk, G skill 1600 8gb, 1.5 giga samsung HD.

Track IR 5, Hall sensed Cougar, Hall sensed TM RCS TM Warthog(2283), TM MFD, Saitek pro combat rudder, Cougar MFD.

• 2 years later...

Sorry for digging up an old thread, but having had Saitek Pros for a year now I've come to the conclusion that they are nothing but cheaply made plastic garbage. The tolerances are far too large, and regardless of having cleaned and lubricated the set many times there's still a position along the trajectory where the feekers just get stuck - a certain kind of a notch if you like, and no amount of cleaning, maintenance and/or tension adjustment eliminates it! Harrumph, this is what you get when you buy plastic shyte methinks - no precision at all :mad:

So to conclude I desperately need a new set like right now... any recommendations guys???

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

Unfortunaly there are not many options anymore since Simpeds stopped production.

However if you are ready to wait for something like 3 or 4 Weeks you should have a look at this set of Pedals made by a fellow Simmer. http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3782056/Rudder_pedals_prototype_1_poss#Post3782056

He has also a Website aviable since Yesterday http://Http://mfg.simundza.com

A couple of Russian links for you guys:

http://www.vkb-flightsimcontrols.com/

And another guy who makes nice pedal kits:

http://avia-sim.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?t=682

http://avia-sim.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?t=716

Both manufacturers are somewhat pricey, but well worth the money.

My controls & seat

Main controls: , BRD-N v4 Flightstick (Kreml C5 controller), TM Warthog Throttle (Kreml F3 controller), BRD-F2 Restyling Bf-109 Pedals w. damper, TrackIR5, Gametrix KW-908 (integrated into RAV4 seat)

Stick grips:

Thrustmaster Warthog

Thrustmaster Cougar (x2)

Thrustmaster F-16 FLCS

BRD KG13

Standby controls:

BRD-M2 Mi-8 Pedals (Ruddermaster controller)

BRD-N v3 Flightstick w. exch. grip upgrade (Kreml C5 controller)

Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle

Pilot seat

Check this out

http://mfg.simundza.com/

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

_____________Semper paratus, In hoc signo vinces________________

PC: Intel i7-8700K (4.9 GHz), Aorus Ultra Gaming Z370 MB, Gigabyte RTX 3080, 32 GB DDR3 (3,2 GHz), Samsung EVO 860 M.2 500 GB SSD + Samsung 960 M.2 250 GB SSD Gaming: Virpil T-50 CM2, TM WH Throttle, Crosswind pedals, HP Reverb

Thank you guys, I have been looking for quality rudders.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i7 3930K @ 4.7Ghz | 980ti | 32gb Ram | Windows 10 64 bit | 840 Pro SSD

Thrustmaster Warthog | VKB Gunfighter Pro | Slaw Device RX Viper | Acer Predator X34