Problem with Warthog Throttle

So Firmware is progress(maybe) but it ain t a saver.... SAD news.

HaF 922, Asus rampage extreme 3 gene, I7 950 with Noctua D14, MSI gtx 460 hawk, G skill 1600 8gb, 1.5 giga samsung HD.

Track IR 5, Hall sensed Cougar, Hall sensed TM RCS TM Warthog(2283), TM MFD, Saitek pro combat rudder, Cougar MFD.

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow so the firmware WASN'T a saver then. I don't feel so stupid now. Still sucks we are all grounded.. or at least I am. :(

You positive you had the newest firmware installed before the throttle stopped working? I haven't heard of any throttles stop working after the newest firmware patched. Once your throttle stops working you cannot upgrade to the newest firmware. That is where 99% of the people are having issues.

Edited by Callsign.Vega

GPU: RTX 4090 - 3,000 MHz core / 12,000 MHz VRAM. 

CPU: 7950X3d - 5.2 GHz X3d, 5.8 GHz secondary / MB: ASUS Crosshair X670E Gene / RAM: G.Skill 48GB 6400 MHz

SSD: Intel Optane P5800X - 800GB

VR: Pimax Crystal

CONTROLS: VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base / VPC Constellation ALPHA Prime Grip / VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle / TM Pendular Rudders

What actually had me confused for a few minutes was when you download and "run" the utility...I wasn't paying sufficient attention and thought that was actually updating the firmware. It just installed the updater on the PC. Heh. Glad I went into target to verify.

"Tank! I need a program for a TM Warthog!"

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Thermaltake V9 SECC case | Corsair RM750 PSU | Asus ROG Ranger VIII | Intel i7 6700K | 16GB 3000mhz RAM |

EVGA GTX 980Ti FTW | TrackIR 4 w/ pro clip | TM HOTAS Warthog | TM MFD Cougar Pack | Win 10 x64 |

No, I didn't have the newest firmware installed, but from what I've seen on other forums, multiple people who "have" had the new firmware installed have experienced this same failure with the throttle.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]HP d5000T/Vista SP1/Intel® Core 2 Quad CPU Q9490 @ 2.66 Ghz 3.00 GB Ram/32 bit OS/Nvidia GeForce 9500GT.

Some / a few have had problems when installing the firmware update, one (that I've seen so far) had the same major problem after the update. I think most who've had the problem, had it before the update, but that's not indicative at this time of the firmware's ability IMO - just too early to say and not everyone will install it anyway.

[ i7 2600k 4.6GHz :: 16GB Mushkin Blackline LV :: EVGA GTX 1080ti 11GB ]

[ TM Warthog / Saitek Rudder :: Oculus Rift :: Obutto cockpit :: Acer HN274H 27" 120Hz :: 3D Vision Ready ]

??? So you come here and upon hearsays says it did not work on you ?!!

Please post up your info correctly next time.

HaF 922, Asus rampage extreme 3 gene, I7 950 with Noctua D14, MSI gtx 460 hawk, G skill 1600 8gb, 1.5 giga samsung HD.

Track IR 5, Hall sensed Cougar, Hall sensed TM RCS TM Warthog(2283), TM MFD, Saitek pro combat rudder, Cougar MFD.

I've posted correctly, I think you misread what I posted. No hearsy to it, other than other's that have this issue, "some" have already had the firmware updated prior to the problem. Polite will get you everywhere with me Succellus.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]HP d5000T/Vista SP1/Intel® Core 2 Quad CPU Q9490 @ 2.66 Ghz 3.00 GB Ram/32 bit OS/Nvidia GeForce 9500GT.

Maybe I missed it, but what is the serial number of your HOTAS? I'm just wondering if there's a batch problem.

Sorry it took so long to reply, I had to get back and get the info for you. There is a batch number on my invoice. It reads 00000316.. not sure if that is a "shopbuilt" number or an actual TM batch number. My serial number on my throttle is 01544.

No, I didn't have the newest firmware installed, but from what I've seen on other forums, multiple people who "have" had the new firmware installed have experienced this same failure with the throttle.

So far I've noted only one person (Dastardly in this thread) who claim that their throttle bricked after firmware. Loz in the other thread didn't get to complete the firmware - his stopped at 75% then refused to go further after which his throttle bricked, which leads me to suspect that it was on the way to be bricked regardless of firmware or not.

It would seem, just going from these forums, that the firmware is a positive fix for bricking.

Wynn, I did a search on some other forums, similar conversations going on as we have here. If I had it to do over again, I'd do the update. I know the update is not what caused mine because I didn't even see it until it was too late.:doh: Either way, if it's going to brick, you want it to do it now so you can be grounded and play cards with the rest of us. :smartass:

Wynn, I did a search on some other forums, similar conversations going on as we have here. If I had it to do over again, I'd do the update. I know the update is not what caused mine because I didn't even see it until it was too late.:doh: Either way, if it's going to brick, you want it to do it now so you can be grounded and play cards with the rest of us. :smartass:

Care to quote the source?

Sorry, I'm a stickler for real data so we can see the spread of this problem. That's the first step in real feedback to TM and they can address (and hopefully fix) the issue once and for all.

But given the number of throttles that bricked before the firmware and after, so far it's pretty clear that the firmware was positive in that regard.

Which ofc doesn't help you - but it would seem the only recourse for you is to get a replacement.

Make sure you flash it asap :)

My throttle is doing this and I've only had it a week :\

Got it from Amazon in the US and installed the latest firmware just after plugging it in because I read about all the problems the old firmware caused. Guess the firmware didnt fix it.

Good luck getting a new throttle to me anytime soon with this christmas shipping backlog eh?

#^Q##(&Q(*Q(%#()%+()@*#$)##()#()@#(^&%$^%&^#%$^$*&*@*@*$&($*@$*_+!()*#(!#*+#+(@ BS industry cant do anything right.

Asus P8Z68-V GEN3/ 2500k 4.4ghz / Corsair 64gb SSD Cache / Corsair 8g 1600 ddr3 / 2 x 320gb RE3 Raid 0 /Corsair 950w/ Zotac 560TI AMP 1gb / Zalman GS1200 case /G940/

Wynn, I'd have to go back and try to find them, seems like one of them was fighterops forum. I was in my patrol unit and was doing it from my MDT, so I wasn't staying on those sites very long. I mainly just wanted to see what all was being said. It's pretty much the same as on our forum here. I think I entered something like Thrustmaster throttle issues in the search. From that I just browsed around at the hits.

My throttle is doing this and I've only had it a week :\

Got it from Amazon in the US and installed the latest firmware just after plugging it in because I read about all the problems the old firmware caused. Guess the firmware didnt fix it.

Good luck getting a new throttle to me anytime soon with this christmas shipping backlog eh?

Vulcan did you updated the stick AND the throttle ?

What was TARGET reading as firmware?

Yes of course (I update firmware all the time). Upon plugging my stick in for the first time I first started the thrustmaster utility to verify my firmware was indeed out of date, and it was.

Then holding my breath (because people mentioned the firmware update process bricking their throttle!) I updated the joystick and thottle and was relieved to see them all get to 100%.

I then verified the new version numbers were correct in the thurstmaster firmware update utility and in T.A.R.G.E.T.

Finally I played with the sticks for about 7-8 days until yesterday when starting my computer I noticed the throttle lights were out and upon booting into windows and unplugging / restarting a few times that the device was indeed "unrecognized" to windows and was the same problem everyone else was having :cry:

Hmm, so thats at least a couple of reports of people having throttle issues after applying the updated firmware. Not good! Hopefully TM will address this as I am sure they will grow tired shipping peoples throttles across the Atlantic in short order.

GPU: RTX 4090 - 3,000 MHz core / 12,000 MHz VRAM. 

CPU: 7950X3d - 5.2 GHz X3d, 5.8 GHz secondary / MB: ASUS Crosshair X670E Gene / RAM: G.Skill 48GB 6400 MHz

SSD: Intel Optane P5800X - 800GB

VR: Pimax Crystal

CONTROLS: VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base / VPC Constellation ALPHA Prime Grip / VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle / TM Pendular Rudders

Could this issue have relation with voltage/amperage spiking in USB plugs ?

Nothing new there. TM never talked in public about problems with their sticks, and face it, everyone thus far had some quirks!

Ok I'll bite / tempt fate / jinx myself. I haven't had quirks with mine. Did you mean every user had quirks with the TMWH, or that every product has quirks?

[ i7 2600k 4.6GHz :: 16GB Mushkin Blackline LV :: EVGA GTX 1080ti 11GB ]

[ TM Warthog / Saitek Rudder :: Oculus Rift :: Obutto cockpit :: Acer HN274H 27" 120Hz :: 3D Vision Ready ]

Could this issue have relation with voltage/amperage spiking in USB plugs ?

This is an interesting idea. I wonder whether there is a correlation between leaving the stick plugged in and having the failures vs those who unplug them after shutdown? Maybe something is getting corrupted during the initial boot if the stick is plugged in during startup... it's a thought.

SYSTEM: ASUS P8Z77-V // Intel i5-3570k Ivy Bridge 3.4Ghz o.c. 4.4Ghz // 8GB G.Skill Sniper DDR3 PC2133 9-11-10-28 // MSI 570GTX Twin Frozr 1.25GB PCI-E 2.0 x16 // Win7 64-bit Home Premium ~~ DISPLAY: Sanyo 42" HDTV@1900x1080 ~~ DRIVES: Intel 330 series 60G Maple Crest SSD SATA III // WD 4000AAKS 400GB SATA II // WD Scorpio (laptop drive) 320GB SATA II ~~ CASE: AZZA Hurrican 2000 Full Tower // Cooler Master 750W P.S.