Problem with Warthog Throttle

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My throttle seems to be bricked. I have already updated the firmware on it a while ago. I have not removed of the usb cords. It worked fine last night. I rebooted today and no lights - just a brick.

sad.

Any sounds, "good" or "bad"?

Quick flash of the 5 LEDs when inserting the plug?

See any change in windows game controllers when you insert/remove?

"Tank! I need a program for a TM Warthog!"

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Thermaltake V9 SECC case | Corsair RM750 PSU | Asus ROG Ranger VIII | Intel i7 6700K | 16GB 3000mhz RAM |

EVGA GTX 980Ti FTW | TrackIR 4 w/ pro clip | TM HOTAS Warthog | TM MFD Cougar Pack | Win 10 x64 |

Any sounds, "good" or "bad"?

Quick flash of the 5 LEDs when inserting the plug?

See any change in windows game controllers when you insert/remove?

Nothing at all. No flashing leds, No sounds, no changes. (unless i throw it across the room - then it'll make a sound!)

I also emailed TM this morning. No response yet.

Download Intel Rapid Storage, run it, chose USB that throttle is plugged into. Will show you if USB is good or throttle is blank, also try firmware update on different USB, Jim, Rapid storage may also fix it? Good Luck....If throttle is recognized and shows an error, click normal to repair it.

Edited by celticcoho

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Celticcoho (OriginFreedom)

WIN 7 64 bit, I7975 at 3.6ghz,X58 Classified 3 Mobo, 6gb Corsair 2000 ram, 2 ea ATI 5870 Eyefinity 6 2gb's , 27" Ultra Sharp,(main view), 3 23"touch screens , Tm Warthog, Saitek Combat Pedals Track IR 5,:D JIM.:book:

Download Intel Rapid Storage, run it, chose USB that throttle is plugged into. Will show you if USB is good or throttle is blank, also try firmware update on different USB, Jim, Rapid storage may also fix it? Good Luck....If throttle is recognized and shows an error, click normal to repair it.

That wont install on my computer. Thanks anyway.

throtte

That wont install on my computer. Thanks anyway.

Sorry Mate, we will keep looking for you!!!!!!!!!What are your PC Specs by the way???:pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Celticcoho (OriginFreedom)

WIN 7 64 bit, I7975 at 3.6ghz,X58 Classified 3 Mobo, 6gb Corsair 2000 ram, 2 ea ATI 5870 Eyefinity 6 2gb's , 27" Ultra Sharp,(main view), 3 23"touch screens , Tm Warthog, Saitek Combat Pedals Track IR 5,:D JIM.:book:

Well, I've just joined the ever growing "Dead Throttle Society" and am not (as you can guess) happy about it! I've had my TM Hog for a little over a month and like most, It has worked without a problem until this morning. I have updated firmware when that was releasd. But mine still has it's lights on just no one's home. Tried different usb port. Still no joy.

System specs; i7 9700k 32GB RAM 2x1TB SSD Drives (1 DCS Dedicated) MSI Z390 MB. MSI GeForce RTX 3070. 4KTV monitor. Reverb G2 VR.Stock TM HOTAS. (Tm WartHog) Throttle. VBK MCG.

Good luck with tech support. Im getting the run-around with TM. I'm still waiting on them to let me ship it out.

You may have better luck if you get some lights to come on. That part sounds promising. They may actually be able to help you.

Dead Throttle Club rejoice, there may be a solution.

Santa brought me a lovely (meaning frickin' expensive) TM HOTAS, but right throttle was sometimes dead and sometimes begrudgingly in the game...but mostly uncooperative.

Drove myself nuts trying to get some help from unhelpful TM website, but finally spied a toll-free phone number and lo, they did answer.

The foreign female voice and scratchy connection produced visions not of sugar plumbs but India dancing in my head. Yet the sound was sexy French and it had a brain attached and she promised to send an email with a procedure, eh.

Sure 'nuff, next morning (this morning) it was there and fixed the problem!

Here's how: First, unplug stick and throttle. Then hold down autopilot disengage and landing gear warning silence buttons on the throttle and plug it in (while holding the buttons firmly down, which ain't easy). Do same with joystick, but hold down trigger and S2 weapon release button (while holding said buttons, which ain't any easier). Now run the new firmware update procedure. Had to run it twice because it seemed to happen too fast first time, but the second time it 'took'. Firmware can be like that, so don't despair.

Ta-rah! Fixed. I now have a twin engine aircraft.

So if your device is dead, I'd sure try using your fingers and pushing on it while you put it in. To fix your joystick, I mean. The Thrustmaster. Oh, never mind....

I wonder why such instruction ain t on plain display on the site if it exist. Sure was the first time i heard of it.

Would be curious to have report from dead throttles ones.

HaF 922, Asus rampage extreme 3 gene, I7 950 with Noctua D14, MSI gtx 460 hawk, G skill 1600 8gb, 1.5 giga samsung HD.

Track IR 5, Hall sensed Cougar, Hall sensed TM RCS TM Warthog(2283), TM MFD, Saitek pro combat rudder, Cougar MFD.

Hi Guys.

Thanks very much for all your help.... unfortunately no joy here. Followed the above instructions and all I had happen was that the lights went out! Still not recognised by my system. Incase your wondering, I did try it on another box with out success...... Have emailed TM to see what they can come up with. Curious side issue. To make sure I got it right, I tried the AP button on the throttle as opposed to the ap dis/eng button on the throttle base. This combo brought the post lights back on.... Still no joy.

Happy New Years!!

System specs; i7 9700k 32GB RAM 2x1TB SSD Drives (1 DCS Dedicated) MSI Z390 MB. MSI GeForce RTX 3070. 4KTV monitor. Reverb G2 VR.Stock TM HOTAS. (Tm WartHog) Throttle. VBK MCG.

I had a throttle scare today. I had inadvertently switched the joystick and throttle ports and in Win 7's it showed two josticks and no throttle! The throttle wasn't lit and wasn't responding to unplugging and plugging it back in. I thought; ohh crap here we go. Then I shut down completely and started the machine back up and it was recognized as normal. Man these throttles are finicky beasts I tell you.

GPU: RTX 4090 - 3,000 MHz core / 12,000 MHz VRAM. 

CPU: 7950X3d - 5.2 GHz X3d, 5.8 GHz secondary / MB: ASUS Crosshair X670E Gene / RAM: G.Skill 48GB 6400 MHz

SSD: Intel Optane P5800X - 800GB

VR: Pimax Crystal

CONTROLS: VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base / VPC Constellation ALPHA Prime Grip / VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle / TM Pendular Rudders

TM needs to step up. This is kind of like the issues we saw, and still can see with the Cougar whereas the Cougar can basically become undetectable from a particular USB port, never to be detected from that port ever again, unless you reinstall Windows. Sounds like a sloppy driver to me.

Wake up Thrustmaster! Good hardware is no good without software to back it!

Abit IN9 32x MAX- Kentsfield QX6700 @3520

1.5 vcore watercooled D-Tek Fuzion/PA-160/MCR120/2x MCP655

2x2GB G-Skill 1066 5-5-5-15 2T@1.9vdimm

2x EVGA 580GTX 1.5GB SLI

2x 74GB Sata Raptor Raid0

2x 320GB Hitachi Sata II

X-FI Elite Pro

Dell U3011

Lian Li V2100B

Corsair HX1000

So.... Would it be worthwhile re installing the USB drivers etc? The thing that really gets me is that the stick ( so far ) is flawless. So why can Tm get that so right but build what seems to be less than sturdy. Go figure.....

Here we go again

The TM WH throttle of mine passed away yesterday. No lights no win detection.

There is no fix mention in this thread that helps AFIK

Tm support is silent and not responsive

Same story happend with the pot meter defects in the Cougar that went on for years

Anyhow I've put the old cougar usb base and throttle in for a replacement

Rig:

CPU: I7 975 @3.33ghz

Mobo: Asus P6X58 D-E extreme

Mem: 12gb corsair.

Psu: 1kw psu H50 watercool

Gpu: ATI HD 5970 crossfire

Flightdeck:

Obutto cockpit

Output:3x24" BenQ monitors Eyefinity.

Input: Hotas warthog, Saitek Combat pedals, TIR 5 w/clip

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi,

I would like to know how big this problem is. Is it hardware, driver problem, USB problem? I want to buy the WT but only(!) if the basic construction is made of high quality. If this is a manufactures fault im not going to buy it because of the high price. TM does not have a forum (i dont know why but i can think of a reason) were i can follow WT problems...

Without sollutions there aren't any problems

CASE: CM 690 II / PSU: CM 750 Realpower / MB: MSI P55 GD65 / CPU: I7-860 @ 3,8 GHZ / MEM: 4x2GB OCZ 1866 Platinum / SB: Creative X-FI Extreme gamer / GPU: ASUS GTX 275 / HD: 2 x Samsung F1 1 GB / OS: WIN 7 64 Bit H.E. / MON: 1 x Samsung Syncmaster P2770HD & 1 x Samsung syncmaster 940bf / Logitech G27 / logitech G110 / Logitech M705 / Logitech Extreme 3D pro / Saitek Proflight Yoke, 2 USB Throttle controllers & rudders / TrackIR 4.0 /

@funkyjazz,

Just keep watching this space mate. When we get the answers from TM, they'll be posted here. My issue seems to be firmware related and i'm hoping that when France finishes it's new years celebrations I'll get the files and instructions to solve the problem.

@funkyjazz,

Just keep watching this space mate. When we get the answers from TM, they'll be posted here. My issue seems to be firmware related and i'm hoping that when France finishes it's new years celebrations I'll get the files and instructions to solve the problem.

I certainly will follow this forum and topic. Maybe this should be a sticky.

To all having problems with their brandnew device...men im sorry to read about it. It must be frustration deluxe!! Hopefully TM takes these problems seriously and will fix those dead throttles. Its pretty FUBAR!

Without sollutions there aren't any problems

CASE: CM 690 II / PSU: CM 750 Realpower / MB: MSI P55 GD65 / CPU: I7-860 @ 3,8 GHZ / MEM: 4x2GB OCZ 1866 Platinum / SB: Creative X-FI Extreme gamer / GPU: ASUS GTX 275 / HD: 2 x Samsung F1 1 GB / OS: WIN 7 64 Bit H.E. / MON: 1 x Samsung Syncmaster P2770HD & 1 x Samsung syncmaster 940bf / Logitech G27 / logitech G110 / Logitech M705 / Logitech Extreme 3D pro / Saitek Proflight Yoke, 2 USB Throttle controllers & rudders / TrackIR 4.0 /

Here we go again

The TM WH throttle of mine passed away yesterday. No lights no win detection.

There is no fix mention in this thread that helps AFIK

Tm support is silent and not responsive

Same story happend with the pot meter defects in the Cougar that went on for years

Anyhow I've put the old cougar usb base and throttle in for a replacement

you do have the latest firmware? http://ts.thrustmaster.com/eng/index.php?pg=view_files&gid=1&fid=3&pid=311&cid=1

How to do it:

Unplug stick and throttle.

On throttle, hold down autopilot disengage and landing gear warning silence buttons and plug in USB connector.

On joystick, hold down trigger and red S2 weapon release button and plug in USB.

Then run firmware update procedure.

Checked in TARGET before and after - problem solved.

Edited by sofie_59

MB:MSI X79A-GD45

CPU:Intel Core i7 3930K 3.2GHz

Ram:16 gb

Grafik :GTX 680 Sli

Win 7 64 bit

1200 W

2 ssd 120 gb

1 2 TB western Digital Caviar Green

Is TARGET a factor here or not? How many of the dead WH club okes were using TARGET?

YOU use Target Script Editor to check if the Warthog is ok

MB:MSI X79A-GD45

CPU:Intel Core i7 3930K 3.2GHz

Ram:16 gb

Grafik :GTX 680 Sli

Win 7 64 bit

1200 W

2 ssd 120 gb

1 2 TB western Digital Caviar Green