RESTREPO: Outpost Afghanistan

159th_Viper

Thanks Viper

Specs: GA-Z87X-UD3H, i7-4770k, 16GB, RTX2060, SB AE-5, 750watt Corsair PSU, X52, Track IR4, Win10x64.

Sim Settings: Textures: ? | Scenes: ? |Water: ? | Visibility Range: ? | Heat Blur: ? | Shadows: ? | Res: 1680x1050 | Aspect: 16:10 | Monitors: 1 Screen | MSAA: ? | Tree Visibility: ? | Vsync: On | Mirrors: ? | Civ Traffic: High | Res Of Cockpit Disp: 512 | Clutter: ? | Fullscreen: On

It was an excellent 90mins viewing with no commercial breaks thankfully. There was plenty of action not to mention A10 gun runs. The only thing that was sad was seeing just how crummy war is for those who have to fight it and those civilians that get caught up in it. We live our cushy little lives flying DCS A10 and all the other luxuries that we enjoy while young men go through hell to help keep us safe.

Intel i7-8700K | Asus Maximus X Formula | Corsair Vengeance 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | Gainward Phoenix GTX1070 GLH | Samsung 960 EVO NVMe 1 x 250GB OS & 1 x 500GB Games | Corsair RM750x 750W | Corsair Carbide Air 540| Win10 | Dell 27" 1440p 60Hz | Custom water loop: CPU EK-Supremacy EVO, GPU EK-GTX JetStream - Acetal+Nickel & Backplate, Radiator EK-Coolstream PE 360, Pump & Res EK-XRES 140 Revo D5, Fans 3 x EK-Vardar 120mm & 2 x Corsair ML140 140mm

It was an excellent 90mins viewing with no commercial breaks thankfully. There was plenty of action not to mention A10 gun runs. The only thing that was sad was seeing just how crummy war is for those who have to fight it and those civilians that get caught up in it. We live our cushy little lives flying DCS A10 and all the other luxuries that we enjoy while young men go through hell to help keep us safe.

Lol, if it was a real war, those guys would be ****ed. Luckily it was just some talibans.

• Like 1

Lol, if it was a real war, those guys would be ****ed. Luckily it was just some talibans.

With due respect, you should get a clue, M8 ;)

It's about the soldiers on the front-line and people on both sides of the conflict. Show a wee bit of respect and think before you post......

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

I think that the men and women who have served in Afghanistan might strongly disagree with you.

Well said 159th Viper.

Intel i7-8700K | Asus Maximus X Formula | Corsair Vengeance 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | Gainward Phoenix GTX1070 GLH | Samsung 960 EVO NVMe 1 x 250GB OS & 1 x 500GB Games | Corsair RM750x 750W | Corsair Carbide Air 540| Win10 | Dell 27" 1440p 60Hz | Custom water loop: CPU EK-Supremacy EVO, GPU EK-GTX JetStream - Acetal+Nickel & Backplate, Radiator EK-Coolstream PE 360, Pump & Res EK-XRES 140 Revo D5, Fans 3 x EK-Vardar 120mm & 2 x Corsair ML140 140mm

With due respect, you should get a clue, M8 ;)

It's about the soldiers on the front-line and people on both sides of the conflict. Show a wee bit of respect and think before you post......

Lol, i think soldiers from ww2 would disagree. I mean, they go there, they have all kinds of CAS and whatknot support and they cant finnish a couple of talibans. They lost 50 people altogather, which from 2 mil people that serve in the us army is not much. However, i do have respect the soldiers who put their lives on the frontline and fight!

Lol, i think soldiers from ww2 would disagree. I mean, they go there, they have all kinds of CAS and whatknot support and they cant finnish a couple of talibans. They lost 50 people altogather, which from 2 mil people that serve in the us army is not much. However, i do have respect the soldiers who put their lives on the frontline and fight!

lolll

betting 20 bucks you'll shit your pants if you were 1 week there :joystick:

Do you think that getting 9 women pregnant will get you a baby in 1 month?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Mobo: Asus P8P67 deluxe Monitor: Lg 22'' 1920*1080

CPU: i7 2600k@ 4.8Ghz +Zalman CNPS9900 max

Keyboard: Logitech G15

GPU:GTX 980 Strix Mouse: Sidewinder X8

PSU: Corsair TX750w Gaming Devices: Saytek X52, TrackIr5

RAM: Mushkin 2x4gb ddr3 9-9-9-24 @1600mhz

Case: 690 SSD: Intel X25m 80gb

It's different when you're allowed to shoot every nazi and jap without worrying about civilian casualties then a counter insurgency where you practice restraint because the enemy hide among civilians. This has been the issue in every counter insurgency, from the Philippine–American War to Vietnam.

Edited by Krunkskimo

It's different when you're allowed to shoot every nazi and jap without worrying about civilian casualties then a counter insurgency where you practice restraint because the enemy hide among civilians. This has been the issue in every counter insurgency, from the Philippine–American War to Vietnam.

I just watched it. I can't really agree there is not enought action haha, maybe there is only a couple of firefights you can see but in almost every footage they are on an operation, or preparing one. For infantrymen the "action" is not only the shooting part but everything around it as well. Personally, I don't give much about seeing the shooting because it doesn't have any value. Youtube is crawling with these kind of combat flicks.

The Taliban is not only a small part of the population. It could very well be like 50% or so. Afghans will send one of their sons to the Taliban, and the other one to the Afghan National Army so that whoever wins they will have always at least one son on the right side of the spectrum. The enemy doesnt HIDE between the population, they ARE the population. If not then please tell why "the couple of hundred fighters" that were supposed to constitute

the Taliban when they first went in almost 10 years ago (!), are still not beaten.

Also, since the US is quite hated in those regions, a lot of fighters will come to Afghanistan just have the chance to take some shots at the Yanks. Think about how much they must hate the US if they are willing to sacrifice their lives against a technologically way more advanced enemy. So this makes it even harder.

So please, it has nothing to do with the American soldiers fighting over there and being good or not. I respect those soldiers a lot especially being former Army myself. But it is their government who sends them into a conflict they cannot win. Just like Vietnam where they were fighting the indigenous population. You cannot win these kinds of conflicts, especially not with a small expeditionary army.

For example look at Iraq now. This war was called a 'win'. But look at the situation in the country now. It is a complete mess. Bombings still everyday, ritual killings, you name it. How can you constitute that as a succes? The country is completely in tatters.

Military succes should be considered completely independant from political succes and the kind of political succes the U.S is looking for is not achievable by military force.

PS, If you search the net you can find plenty of movies depicting the Taliban side. they put their GSM movies on the net themselves.

*If this post is unacceptable, please delete it.

Edited by Geskes

I7920/12GBDDR3/ASUS P6T DELUXE V2/MSI GTX 960 GAMING 4G /WIN 10 Ultimate/TM HOTAS WARTHOG

That is why it is so hard to win; they don't play by the rules or obey human rights norms; they are not a well stablished force on which you can easily identify targets or key elements like an army. They don't mind using kids to set up traps or use them as human bombs; they use any chance they get to demoralize the Allied forces no mater if involves doing an atrocity.

What infuriates me is how coward taliban leathers are; they send their men to die but they hide themselves like leaches. The same happens in my country few wealthy pricks send thousands of men to fight for a fake ideal in other to maintain their drug dealing business; we are getting close to eliminate this cancer form my country but it is due to the fact that most of the citizens of my country are tired of dealing with the atrocities of this terrorists.

If you want to see raw and gritty combat footages then Vietnam war films you want. If you want to see piles of dead Talibans or Talibans being dragged by their beard to a rear-naked choke station filled with fire ants, as I was hoping to see, then you'll be disappointed.

The A10 appeared for about a second... brrrrrrrrt - gone.

As for them keeping us safe. Seriously? C'mon, let's leave that kind of pillow talks way over there at simhq where a girl with tattoos is a whore and to be spat on UNLESS she's in a military then it's a-okay. lol

Having said that, I enjoyed it for what it was meant to convey. I did want to see them dish out the most miserable payback to the Talibans, but it did not happen. I'm sure the film crew were only allowed to go on feel-good patrols.

ED have been taking my money since 1995. :P

I have just found something nice and much better then RESTREPO.

It is a multi-episode doc called: Ross Kemp Return to Afghanistan.

If you want action up close, watch this! Within 20 minutes you will be in the ditches with the british with bullets and rpgs flying all over the place.

• Like 1

I7920/12GBDDR3/ASUS P6T DELUXE V2/MSI GTX 960 GAMING 4G /WIN 10 Ultimate/TM HOTAS WARTHOG

I have just found something nice and much better then RESTREPO.

It is a multi-episode doc called: Ross Kemp Return to Afghanistan.

If you want action up close, watch this! Within 20 minutes you will be in the ditches with the british with bullets and rpgs flying all over the place.

Action? certainly there is! Can't remember if it was when he re-visited Afghanistan, but in one episode, you hear a loud bang. Later he get informed that it was a british chap who stepped on a mine. Iirc he died while being in the evac helicopter. :S

Edited by zakobi