Forum Maintenance between 04:00 - 06:00 UTC ×
Forum Maintenance between 04:00 - 06:00 UTC

HELIOS IS ALIVE

airdog

This is really an incredible piece of software even in it's beta form. I made all the panels in the Helios software with very little instruction. It will be so worth the money when it is released.

helios5.jpg

helios4.jpg

Airdog

| Asus ROG Strix Z370-E Mobo | i7 8700K @ 4.7 | 32 GB DDR4@3200mhz | Gigabyte 2080Ti OC 11GB| Samsung M.2 960 Evo 250Gb and 500Gb | Win10 Pro | Hotas Warthog #02743 | Track IR 5 | Toshiba 47" 120hz LED | Acer 23" Touchscreen | HELIOS |Oculus Rift-S|

http://www.blackknightssquadron.com/

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

YAY, think we dont need to shop for 8" screen anymore for MFD just a huge monitor/TV.

HaF 922, Asus rampage extreme 3 gene, I7 950 with Noctua D14, MSI gtx 460 hawk, G skill 1600 8gb, 1.5 giga samsung HD.

Track IR 5, Hall sensed Cougar, Hall sensed TM RCS TM Warthog(2283), TM MFD, Saitek pro combat rudder, Cougar MFD.

For clarification, did you export the MFCD displays and then use Helios for the other instruments through export.lua?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

That. HELIOS can't do MFDs.

True the MFD's are exported by the ED A10 software but if you do not have the Cougar MFD's the Helios software has the MFD bezel with Clickable/Touch buttons that you would use and then import the MFD images inside those bezels.

Airdog

| Asus ROG Strix Z370-E Mobo | i7 8700K @ 4.7 | 32 GB DDR4@3200mhz | Gigabyte 2080Ti OC 11GB| Samsung M.2 960 Evo 250Gb and 500Gb | Win10 Pro | Hotas Warthog #02743 | Track IR 5 | Toshiba 47" 120hz LED | Acer 23" Touchscreen | HELIOS |Oculus Rift-S|

Simply Amazing !!!! By the way to buy it, it's necessary to register in the forum?

Quick guide to configure ABRIS and LCD mini monitor

Quick Countermeasure Editor v1.3.0

Core i5 3570K 4.0Ghz | GIGABYTE MOTHERBOARD | Crucial M4 120GB | 8GB DDR3 1600 MHZ | ASUS GTX 670 | AOC LED 23" | AOC LCD 24" | HYBRID DUAL THROTTLE (SAITEK THROTTLE QUADRANT + SUNCOM DUAL THROTTLE) | CH FIGHTERSTICK | SAITEK PRO PEDALS |

I am getting MFDs for X-mass! Looks great guys, good work.

Hammer97 / Hendo97

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Processor Intel®I7 950, 3.06 Mhz, 4 Core(s)/

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit/ Memory (RAM) 8.00 GB/ HD 6870 1GB DDR5/ 750w PSU/T IR 4/TH Warthog

Simply Amazing !!!! By the way to buy it, it's necessary to register in the forum?

Well not for the forum but you do register in the store when purchasing the software. Though right now it is free to use because it's beta...just go to the SCsimulations store and purchase it like you would any other product but the price is listed as $0.00 currently. You will get a download link and a license emailed to you eventually...it is not instantaneous.

Airdog

Fly with your instrumentation in place just once, and I'm betting you'll see the benefit for yourself. Sure, DCS has a great clickable cockpit, but there's something to be said for having things right there to glance at or (even better) be able to reach out and touch without having to look.

It may not be for everyone, but products like this and LOVP/BSVP before it are *fantastic*, especially for us sim-pit builders.

And there is nothing like flipping a switch that you dont have to chase cause your friggin head wont quit moving with your Track Ir....Cockpit things just are much smoother and quicker without Track IR...but Track IR is a must for outside views and target tracking.

Airdog

I don't see the big point in this, or is it possible to remove the 3d cockpit on main screen?

Using Trackir5 , I can click in 3d cockpit without problems.

There is a HUD only view, but we hope we can talk the DCS boys into a custom HUD view, which you would have the wings/tail plus HUD/Canopy frame for visual reference.

• Like 1

And there is nothing like flipping a switch that you dont have to chase cause your friggin head wont quit moving with your Track Ir....Cockpit things just are much smoother and quicker without Track IR...but Track IR is a must for outside views and target tracking.

I used to have that problem with trackir4 not trackir5.

Never crossed my mind there was a Alt F1 view, if it works online I probably should get this too, and 3 screens wide.:smilewink:

[sIGPIC]sigpic49498_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

Airdog or anyone who knows this, how did you display the helios gauges on the second monitor in the sim? what kind of settings is needed? I have four monitors. 3 are 19" dell, all 3 set as one display through TH2G. Then I have an old 17" monitor from walmart. I set that as 2nd display and extended it to the desktop.

Then I opened helios, it shows two displays. I chose the smaller one. Opened the A10C profile, and saved. Then I exited helios. Then I started A10C beta. Display is set to 1 screen. When I ran training I could only see the widescreen of the first display. I tried the other options: 3 screen, MFCD, shkval1, shkval2 etc. I couldn't see the helios gauges on the second display. What am I missing?