A10 IPAD PIT Almost ready for release

I’m almost ready for releasing my first version op my A10 IpadPit.

Just waiting for some response from some testers if the configuring is working and the instructions are ok.

Here is a video I made from a cold startup from my Ipad.

(I think I forgot to turn of the APU banghead.gif )

And now.. back to flying!

Check www.ipadpit.nl for the free download

Edited by Ghost_unit13
  • Like 1
www.Ipadpit.nl :pilotfly:

I take it the MFDs are static?

Could you (theoretically) run two instances of this on two separate iPads?

The MDF are static at the moment. Maybe we find a way to get them working, I have to check somethings out for that.

Not sure if you can use two ipad's... you got the clients on the Ipad and one "server" tool on you pc that runs the keypresses. not sure if two ipad can connect at the same time.

Edited by Ghost_unit13

will work also with iphone?

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

Dude this is absolutely awesome. I would love to see a working MFCD app. Perhaps the DCS team can fund / sponsor you. Imagine how cool that would be if you could just flick your finger and go back and forth between the two MFCDs.

Also, just curious to get your own perspective on this: why do you prefer starting the A-19 with the iPad vs. using TrackIR and a mouse to do it? More immersive? Less confusing? Thanks for answering.

Siefex,

It started with a CDU and MFD the rest followed after that. But the idea was to use in for the CDU and MFD's.

When I first used it for a cold startup I asked myself the same question why not with the mouse.. it some how didn't feel right then. I used more zoomed in background images of the left and right console and had to scroll around to get to the correct Switches and this broke the "feeling" somehow. '(you can see it in one of my other video's)

I made some new background images of the consoles with a bigger fov,with only up and down scrolling, now I got it almost one to one compared to my 23" monitor. now I does feel right to me.. and there is noting like pushing a button to start the Engines :D

Siefex,

It started with a CDU and MFD the rest followed after that. But the idea was to use in for the CDU and MFD's.

When I first used it for a cold startup I asked myself the same question why not with the mouse.. it some how didn't feel right then. I used more zoomed in background images of the left and right console and had to scroll around to get to the correct Switches and this broke the "feeling" somehow. '(you can see it in one of my other video's)

I made some new background images of the consoles with a bigger fov,with only up and down scrolling, now I got it almost one to one compared to my 23" monitor. now I does feel right to me.. and there is noting like pushing a button to start the Engines :D

That's awesome man! Really cool. So you can use it to fully control the CDU / MFDs? I thought the application was not able to constantly update the CDU / MFD screens. Is that correct? If so, then how could it be used to control both devices? Sorry if I've missed something.

Excellent work!

but wouldn't you still have to check the button visually to see what state its in before pressing it and also after to make sure you pressed it?

Personally if this was just for the 2 MFD's that would be fantastic, i can see a market for that but with MFD's that update in RT.

I was considering the TH MFD's but havent gone down that route as I want a screen in the middle.

This is my personal view though, great work though :)

Thanks Myth

Custom built W10 Pro 64Bit, Intel Core i9 9900k, Asus ROG Maximus Code XI Z390, 64GB DDR4 3200 RGB, Samsung 1TB NVme M.2 Drive, Gigabyte AORUS 2080TI, 40" Iiyama Display. Wacom Cintiq Pro 24, HOTAS Virpil T50 Stick / FA-18C TM Stick and Virpil T50 Throttle, MFG Crosswind Graphite Pedals. HP Reverb

SPECTER

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lead Terrain Developer / Texture Artist

That's awesome man! Really cool. So you can use it to fully control the CDU / MFDs? I thought the application was not able to constantly update the CDU / MFD screens. Is that correct? If so, then how could it be used to control both devices? Sorry if I've missed something.

The displays don't work. It's only the keypressing that work at his moment.

Excellent work!

but wouldn't you still have to check the button visually to see what state its in before pressing it and also after to make sure you pressed it?

Personally if this was just for the 2 MFD's that would be fantastic, i can see a market for that but with MFD's that update in RT.

I was considering the TH MFD's but havent gone down that route as I want a screen in the middle.

This is my personal view though, great work though :)

Thanks Myth

Well, when you use the "click sound from the sim" you can do without checking. But yes if you wanna be sure you have to check in the sim.

Button animation is possible but I have to find a way to check the status in the sim or keep a note of there status in the Ipadpit. Need a script for that that makes a note of the button status. Problem is I'm not into scripting that good. So if any of you got scripting experiance let me know, maybe we can work something out.

There seems to be some scripts in the pitbuilders forum that support sim switch status feedback over UDP.. what I unterstand is that Touch ir will support UDP feetback in the future but getting the data in a feetback file could be somethng to work with to, so who know's.. gonna be a h*ll of a job to get all the swithes animated..:helpsmilie:

Actually, yes you can. ... only you need to make small backgrounds and button layout. so No you cannot use this template, But you can make one for an Iphone just like this. If someone sponsors me an Iphone I will make one :music_whistling:

i could help if you wish....anyway if you use the iphone sdk the layout should be included...

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

Just go to the website of touch it+ get the app and server/editor part, and youn can do it younself...nothing special about it.

Been going to websites like that since waaaay before the iPad.

:thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win7 | Intel Core 2 Quad | Q8400 @ 2.66GHz | 2.67 GHz 3.37GB of RAM 60gig Samsung SSD| GTX 570

"Operation: Bull by the Horns" "Bull Run 2.0"

Been going to websites like that since waaaay before the iPad.

:thumbup:

Woooow!!! I made a very nasty typo that brought my reaction in a very very wrong direction.... :doh: :lol:

I really meant got to the website: touch iR+ and you can make a virtual cockpit yourself.... http://touch-ir.webs.com/

damm... and now my reaction is on page 3!!

Edited by Ghost_unit13
  • Like 1

Hey Ghost_unit13!

Does TouchIR+ work only with Ipads with 3G or you can set also the server for wifi?

Thanks for answering, and rep inbound for your cool app!

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, MSI MEG X570 UNIFY (AM4, AMD X570, ATX), Noctua NH-DH14, EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti XC3 ULTRA, Seasonic Focus PX (850W), Kingston HyperX 240GB, Samsung 970 EVO Plus (1000GB, M.2 2280), 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo DDR4-3600 DIMM CL16, Cooler Master 932 HAF, Samsung Odyssey G5; 34", Win 10 X64 Pro, Track IR, TM Warthog, TM MFDs, Saitek Pro Flight Rudders

Do you need besides the touch ir+ app other in-apps? I noticed some packages like autohotkey you have to buy separately.

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, MSI MEG X570 UNIFY (AM4, AMD X570, ATX), Noctua NH-DH14, EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti XC3 ULTRA, Seasonic Focus PX (850W), Kingston HyperX 240GB, Samsung 970 EVO Plus (1000GB, M.2 2280), 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo DDR4-3600 DIMM CL16, Cooler Master 932 HAF, Samsung Odyssey G5; 34", Win 10 X64 Pro, Track IR, TM Warthog, TM MFDs, Saitek Pro Flight Rudders