Developer Interview

Bvoiash

I'm not in a position to give promises, but to my best knowledge a patch is still planned.

:thumbup:

that would be a non-sense to have 3 DCS games that can't work toghether (KA50+A10+"USFixedWingFlyingStuff")

I give my 2cents on the next module:

as long as it flies high, fast and does SEAD and Air-Air long range combat, I'll be happy :smilewink:

L'important n'est pas de tuer, mais de survivre.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

if you read this you are too curious

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I give my 2cents on the next module:

as long as it flies high, fast and does SEAD and Air-Air long range combat, I'll be happy :smilewink:

+1 as long as it's not the bug :D

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

Who cares? ED is going by what they got contracted for, not by what they modeled before.

Is it a public administration contract? can it by found by searching in USA administration official bulletins?

AMD Ryzen 1400 // 16 GB DDR4 2933Mhz // Nvidia 1060 6GB // W10 64bit // Microsoft Sidewinder Precision 2

Developer Interview: DCS A10C's Jim Mackonochie

First of all, here is the link of the interview:

http://games.on.net/article/11576/Developer_Interview_DCS_A10Cs_Jim_Mackonochie

:P

The relevant points are:

- Downloadable version of DCS-a10 will be released in late february.

- The Nevada terrain will come later in 2011 'This map will be the first map to utilize our new graphics engine':D

- And finally: 'Coding has already started on the next aircraft in the DCS series. All I can say is that it will be a USA fixed wing aircraft!':joystick:

=> Bets are open...:pilotfly:

EDIT: Sorry, thread already open here: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=67102

If a moderator would close the thread...

Edited by Cedaway

DCS Wish: Turbulences affecting surrounding aircraft...

[sIGPIC] [/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3P - Intel Core i5 6600K - 16Gb RAM DDR4-2133 - Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 Gaming - 8 Go - 2 x SSD Crucial MX300 - 750 Go RAID0 - Screens: HP OMEN 32'' 2560x1440 + Oculus Rift CV1 - Win 10 - 64bits - TM WARTHOG #889 - Saitek Pro Rudder.

Would it be an indication?

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=44598

DCS Wish: Turbulences affecting surrounding aircraft...

[sIGPIC] [/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3P - Intel Core i5 6600K - 16Gb RAM DDR4-2133 - Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 Gaming - 8 Go - 2 x SSD Crucial MX300 - 750 Go RAID0 - Screens: HP OMEN 32'' 2560x1440 + Oculus Rift CV1 - Win 10 - 64bits - TM WARTHOG #889 - Saitek Pro Rudder.

Don't think so. Love to 'fly' a Hornet but that seems unlikely. With ED cont®acts in the Reserve it, most likely, is an F-15 or F-16. I'd prefer the -16 over the -15 simply because it can do more. 'Problem' is, it's been done reasonably well before (even for today's standards). -15 Is just plane (get it?) boring. :-)

Whatever, I'm having a blast (hehe... I'm on a roll) with 'the Hawg'. I swear I'd buy DCS:Predator (boooooring) if only to support the guys and gals in Moscow.

"It's not the years, honey. It's the mileage..."

Given the kelly mcgillis comment, I figured F-14...given the retired status of the jet and general obsolete technology, should be easy enouugh to model, not to mention carrier born.

Nothing like good speculation for the masses

I bet everything related to F14 is still highly classified for very obvious reasons.

Cheers

Tulkas

The future of the terrain engine.

I allways thought the DCS products are stuck in a old terrain engine that works enought well but its a bit limited for recent flightsims standarts, specially with a very limited number of polygons used for ground.

So i see very interesting this info i readed today in a DCS´memeber interview.

"Jim Mackonochie: We are currently working on a Nevada map that will be centered on Nellis AFB. This map is designed to be used for training missions and virtual "Red Flag" exercises. This map will be the first map to utilize our new graphics engine. The map will be released as part of an Upgrade Pack later in 2011."

Could someone give more information about that, pls?

What "new graphic engine means?", its going to focus in the landscape? its going to affect clouds too? Will the others map benefits from it? Its going to coexist with the old engine, depending on the map?

Thx and sorry for my english.

Fly and let fly

will we have to pay for this Upgrade Pack?

It's my understanding that if you purchased A10C before a certain beta we get it for "free" others will have to pay for it as an add-on after general release.

Please note I maybe wrong

Remember the 346 Fire Fighters, Medics & Police who died on 9-11.......

Selective memory is a wonderful thing, especially when certain posts simply disappear into the ether never to be seen again, unless I have a copy of the original post copied and pasted into word documents and saved .... just in case :)

Am I an abusive idiot ?

Due to physical incapacity my Wife types my post's for me

If by 'more' you mean 'less', I agree. ;)

If it doesn't move mud, it's for girls. End of discussion.

The mirrors in the Eagle have nothing to do with rear visibility, they're just there so the pilot doesn't have to suffer the terrible torture of having to go 2 whole hours without checking his hair and lipstick look ok.

• Like 3

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

I believe that F-16 would be a more lucrative choice for ED:

*Too much info on F-16, even on the net.

*Too many Falcon players (new flight model and new graphics will attract current falcon4 society, let alone the other advantages ED can bring)

*Too many counties have F-16, sales can be higher for ED.

I hope than some day the terrain engine its updated in the whole dcs series, but i understand that its a titanic work.Thx for the answers.

It Must Be! Without compability betwen K-50 and A-10 and future modules (including Terrain) DCS will not exist.

@BrumTX: For those people who flying beta, flying thru tons of bugs, CTDs, etc. Nevada for free is right Deal. By reporting bugs, You partialy create, help create Great DCS A-10 Too, and ED give You Nevada for this.

Edited by Miro

:pilotfly: