“DCS: A-10C WARTHOG” Final Released

Wags

I can play black shark but if I look at the system reqs for A-10C I shoudn't be able to play A-10C ?

win xp 32

QX9770

3 gb DDR3

9800GX2

It should run, but do note that we recommend using 64-bit operating systems. There may be some adress space issues (a normal 32-bit OS will only allow the process to adress 2GB of memory including texture memory on the graphics card) but if they occur there are fixes available.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks so much, ED - This is great! Can't wait till my work is done so I can blow up some tanks.

Unfortunately, I'm still getting this message when I try to start up the x64 version, on a completely clean install of the final version in Win7 64:

\...A-10C Beta\bin\...

Looks like your running from an old location ?

Please fully uninstall the Beta, also clear out any files you have in: C:\Users\%username%\Saved Games\DCS Warthog.

...or is this before you have tried to install the Release version?

Thanks so much, ED - This is great! Can't wait till my work is done so I can blow up some tanks.

Unfortunately, I'm still getting this message when I try to start up the x64 version, on a completely clean install of the final version in Win7 64:

attachment.php?attachmentid=47965&stc=1&d=1298405799

Did we have a solution to that, or is that still up in the air?

Anyway, thanks again, ED!

Have you installed the Dx9 runtimes included in the installer? If not - do so. (See the FAQ)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

|
| Life of a Game Tester

\...A-10C Beta\bin\...

Looks like your running from an old location ?

Please fully uninstall the Beta, also clear out any files you have in: C:\Users\%username%\Saved Games\DCS Warthog.

...or is this before you have tried to install the Release version?

Oh, sorry - That isn't actually a screen shot from my own PC, but for convenience's sake lifted from a thread where we were talking about this before. I just took a look and mine does not say "beta", and my saved game files in "Users" are all gone. I didn't check to make sure the directory structure was word-for-word the same in the image I posted since I figured the underlying issue wasn't related to that so much and the solution would be the same. Good eyes, though - Thanks.

I did, in fact, install the DirectX when prompted by the A-10 installer, but in a previous thread someone was talking about putting each DirectX file in the proper directory manually, and how that solved their issue, which didn't work for me, but I don't think English was their main language so I might have misunderstood what they were describing. Does anyone know what I'm talking about/Has anyone had luck with that method?

Edit: I see there's now a subforum specifically for problems. I'll just ask around in there, but thanks for the quick replies.

Edited by Frogisis

For when it goes wrong: Win10x64, GTX1080, Intel i7 @3.5 GHz, 32GB DDR3, Warthog HOTAS, Saitek combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5 / Vive Pro, a case of Pabst, The Funk

Congrats Eagle Dynamic on a job well done. I only have couple of feedback words for now, "Stunning" "Awesome" & "Spectacular". I have more, but then again. I currently only have words of appreciations that comes to mind.

Impeccable job from your team and all the testers & translators involved.

I truly hope you make a success out of this DCS extension, and here is a wishful toast for more to come. :beer:

Cheers.

Antec 900 gaming tower, PSU: Corsair 750W, Q6600, Asus P5K, 8Gig Mushkin, Nvidia eVGA 280 GTX Superclocked 1G DDR3, SSDNOW200 Kingston Drive, TrackIr 3000+Vector, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick, Saitek rudder pedals pro, Sharp 42" inch LCD Aquo. OS: windows 7 64bit.

I was running 32bit, with a QX6850 and a 8800gtx card. I had to set everything down to low graphics, then push textures up to medium. It didn't look bad at all. I'm glad I decided to install even though my specs were low. It gave me time to climb this wonderful learning curve. I still have the same processor (which isn't as good as yours) but upgraded to Vista64 and a GTX570sc vid card. I'm getting 35-60fps in most cases.

Once you try this sim.. your wife will have to beg you to stop and :cry: take a shower. (dries off)

I can play black shark but if I look at the system reqs for A-10C I shoudn't be able to play A-10C ?

win xp 32

QX9770

3 gb DDR3

9800GX2

It's a good thing that this is Early Access and we've all volunteered to help test and enhance this work in progress... despite the frustrations inherent in the task with even the simplest of software... otherwise people might not understand that this incredibly complex unfinished module is unfinished. /light-hearted sarcasm

I have been seeding official torrent for entire day, ratio of 3, at 300kb/s. Thank you to everyone who have been seeding it too.

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

I have been seeding official torrent for entire day, ratio of 3, at 300kb/s. Thank you to everyone who have been seeding it too.

Now, go and install!

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, MSI MEG X570 UNIFY (AM4, AMD X570, ATX), Noctua NH-DH14, EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti XC3 ULTRA, Seasonic Focus PX (850W), Kingston HyperX 240GB, Samsung 970 EVO Plus (1000GB, M.2 2280), 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo DDR4-3600 DIMM CL16, Cooler Master 932 HAF, Samsung Odyssey G5; 34", Win 10 X64 Pro, Track IR, TM Warthog, TM MFDs, Saitek Pro Flight Rudders

Muchas gracias for this beautiful Sim.:pilotfly:

Does the beta to be removed for installation?

Si senor! Uninstall por favor.

Edited by asparagin
Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, MSI MEG X570 UNIFY (AM4, AMD X570, ATX), Noctua NH-DH14, EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti XC3 ULTRA, Seasonic Focus PX (850W), Kingston HyperX 240GB, Samsung 970 EVO Plus (1000GB, M.2 2280), 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo DDR4-3600 DIMM CL16, Cooler Master 932 HAF, Samsung Odyssey G5; 34", Win 10 X64 Pro, Track IR, TM Warthog, TM MFDs, Saitek Pro Flight Rudders

Fashionably late, I am, I am! I saw the “DCS: A-10C WARTHOG” Final Released" header I was like WTF? I didn't even look, closed my eye's, inserted my index fingers firmly into my ear holes, and chanted LALALALA! So I waited a day or two for the torrent to acquire some momentum, Now I'm only 10hrs away, its excruciating. Thanks for seeding!

Cool story huh?

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

OS:WIN7 HP X64|MOBO:ASRock Z68|CPU:I52500k@4Ghz|RAM:12Gb 3x4Gb GSkill Ripjaws 9-9-9-24 @1600Mhz|GPU:ASUS GTX580|HDD:2x128Gb Crucial sataIII SSD raid0|PSU:Antek 1000watt|Case:Antek 1200|Peripherals: TMWH|Saitek ProFlight rudder pedals|TrackIr4

Fashionably late, I am, I am! I saw the “DCS: A-10C WARTHOG” Final Released" header I was like WTF? I didn't even look, closed my eye's, inserted my index fingers firmly into my ear holes, and chanted LALALALA! So I waited a day or two for the torrent to acquire some momentum, Now I'm only 10hrs away, its excruciating. Thanks for seeding!

Cool story huh?

Which torrent client are you using?

I used uTorrent, one thing I did that sped it up was go into the options -> connections, and change my max number of connections per torrent to something like 900. It's at 50 by default I think. There's literally hundreds of seeders right now, so setting that value to something really high lets you connect to more of them.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

How To Fix Your X-52's Rudder!

Which torrent client are you using?

I used uTorrent, one thing I did that sped it up was go into the options -> connections, and change my max number of connections per torrent to something like 900. It's at 50 by default I think. There's literally hundreds of seeders right now, so setting that value to something really high lets you connect to more of them.

Yea I'm using Utorrent as well, and thanks for the advise, it does help. Unfortunately my ISP throttles my bandwidth. I already called them, I told them "this is a matter of life and death" they didn't care:cry:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

OS:WIN7 HP X64|MOBO:ASRock Z68|CPU:I52500k@4Ghz|RAM:12Gb 3x4Gb GSkill Ripjaws 9-9-9-24 @1600Mhz|GPU:ASUS GTX580|HDD:2x128Gb Crucial sataIII SSD raid0|PSU:Antek 1000watt|Case:Antek 1200|Peripherals: TMWH|Saitek ProFlight rudder pedals|TrackIr4

Now, go and install!

I did I did :) Damn 22:26 already. 5 am to work... gotta resist temptation to play with it more;)

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

had a herpaderp moment due to excitement and tried to actually click on the bin file when installing rather than the folder containing it. Panicked and tried to MOUNT the bin and install from "cd".

woa i am tired, excitement has been keeping me up (i fear dcs is bad for my health :music_whistling:).

<VAAF>

Virtual Australian Air-Force :thumbup::joystick::pilotfly:

Ok, Not the happiest of people at the min, just got it all installed and it is so bad on frames that its actually unplayable :cry: Started of optimistic and whacked everything up to high which was litterally a screen show, now have everything set on minimum and it is still ridiculous! stutters when banking to the extent that im usually facing the ground when the screen catches up. Have a decent enough machine, AMD Phenom II 940 3.0GHZ (quad core) ATi 4870 and 8 gig of memory on vista 64, surely i should be able to run this smooth enough if only on lower settings?

Edited by Python

[sIGPIC]sigpic67951_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

Check here.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=1115825#post1115825

Ok, Not the happiest of people at the min

• Like 1

It's a good thing that this is Early Access and we've all volunteered to help test and enhance this work in progress... despite the frustrations inherent in the task with even the simplest of software... otherwise people might not understand that this incredibly complex unfinished module is unfinished. /light-hearted sarcasm

Hmmm, I was just online flying full throttle down a few valleys following the river using my Track IR V5 looking out of the cockpit at both wingtips to watch my 4 wing men as we were doing gun strafes on those Bastard tanks. No lag or FPS hang ups...

Or bad GPU driver. Do ensure that the Dx9 June 2010 runtimes are installed. Yes, even if you have Dx10/Dx11, you still need them.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Maybe you had too many systems running in the backgrond? Or a system scan running or somthing like that?

Had no other systems running at all, anti virus in the background but that stays on with everything and wasn't running at the time. Even had the patience to defrag and wipe all the rubbish off via ccleaner before i installed and ran A-10.

Or bad GPU driver. Do ensure that the Dx9 June 2010 runtimes are installed. Yes, even if you have Dx10/Dx11, you still need them.

Hmmm, i did accept the Dx install that came with the DCS A-10 install, i shal check the others are up to date, they should be. Thanks though...

[sIGPIC]sigpic67951_1.gif[/sIGPIC]