For those with slow torrent downloads...

JHepburn

Check that your BitTorrent client is forwarded on your router. I'm on a temp router and was getting terrible rates. I checked forwarding for that port, found it disabled, added the port, and now I'm seeing ~400 kB/sec down (up from ~20).

If you're unsure how to set it up, try this site - http://portforward.com/english/applications/port_forwarding/Utorrent/Utorrentindex.htm

Note: First page after selecting your router is an add. Link to skip is top right of screen.

Yeah, I did that. Thanks for the advise but unfortunately I am having problems with my ISP throttling my connection. So my download speed is only maxing out at 80kb/s. Hopefully after midnight I will get a higher rate.

Anyone here in the Toronto area using Bell sympatico and dealing with the same problem?

I am the alpha and the omega

Same with Rogers... I was getting 7kb up to 130 randomly, but mostly 1.2-7kb.

Downloaded from ftp/http in under an hour... damn torrents ... I mean damn ISPs.

System: Win10 Pro 64bit, Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 7 MB, Intel i& 8700K, Corsair H150i Pro Cooler, Corsair Vengeance LED DDR4 16GB, PNY NVidia 1070 GTX, Corsair MP500 & MP600 SSD, Soundblaster Audigy Rx, CM Mastercase H500P, Oculus Rift S, TM Warthogs.

ETA 2d 9h

My up is faster

RyZen5 3600x, MSI GamingX RX 5700xt, AX-370-K7, 16 Gig G-Skil 3200 :thumbup:, Antec 650w (Still),Win10 on 256G 870 NVMe, 860+850 Evo for Apps, 2x1TB WD HDs for :music_whistling:, TR5 :detective:, Hog stick:joystick:, 3x TM MFD Bezels. a 32" AOC, @ 2560x1440, no floppy & a crappy chair :pain:. Its hard to find a chair that accepts you as you grow.:pilotfly:

The great thing about Dubai is 24MB optic fibre internet and an ISP who doesn't yet know what traffic shaping / throttling is.

Just started uploading to torrent.

i7-7700K : 16Gb DDR4 2800 Mhz : Asus Mobo : 2TB HDD : Intel 520 SSD 240gb : RTX 2080ti: Win10 64pro : Dx10 : TrackiR4 : TM Warthog : ASUS ROG SWIFT PG348Q

Every 10min or it jumps to 500 for 10-30sec & then falls away. I pushed my "up" a fair bit but here I pay for that bandwith also.

RyZen5 3600x, MSI GamingX RX 5700xt, AX-370-K7, 16 Gig G-Skil 3200 :thumbup:, Antec 650w (Still),Win10 on 256G 870 NVMe, 860+850 Evo for Apps, 2x1TB WD HDs for :music_whistling:, TR5 :detective:, Hog stick:joystick:, 3x TM MFD Bezels. a 32" AOC, @ 2560x1440, no floppy & a crappy chair :pain:. Its hard to find a chair that accepts you as you grow.:pilotfly:

Guys, just get a VPN connection like VyprVPN. That way your ISP can't look into your packages and therefore it will not throttle you anymore.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• CPU i7 4970k @ 4.7 GHz
  • RAM 16GB G.Skill TridentX 1600
  • ATX ASUS Z97-PRO
  • DSU Samsung 850 PRO 256GB SSD for Win10, Plextor M6e 128GB SSD for DCS exclusively, RAID-1 HDDs
  • GFX Aorus GTX 1080 Ti 11GB Xtreme Edition, ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q, 27" with G-Sync, Oculus Rift CV1

• HID TM HOTAS Warthog + 10 cm extension, MFG Crosswind pedals, TrackIR 5, Obutto oZone

My TM Warthog Profile + Chart, F-15C EM Diagram Generator

Guys with ISP throttle issues....

Its time for you all to get together and say something about it.

That business model just wrong. If you look on what some English based isp's have in there lua's about guarantee of speed.

Virgin: Due to the nature of the Internet, we cannot guarantee specific levels of performance for the Internet access.

http://shop.virginmedia.com/the-legal-stuff/terms-and-conditions-for-cable-services.html#general section B -item 5 - note C.

Tiscali: 3.7 We will use reasonable endeavours to provide the Broadband Services to you at the speed you have requested, however we cannot always guarantee this. The speed of your connection and download times may be slower depending on the length of any telephone extension cables at the Installation Address, the distance the Installation Address is from the telephone exchange, the speed and quality of your router and modem, and congestion on our Network or the Internet.

http://www.talktalk.co.uk/legal/tiscali-product/terms/

I'll bet your specific one might have the same kind of clause in there.

My isp: www.Fullrate.dk on the matter

from google translate.

Full Rate will, wherever possible, inform the customer about

compound estimated maximum achievable bandwidth. In

cases where the copper connection does not support the ordered

bandwidth, Fullrate delivers the maximum possible bandwidth

depending on the customer's product selection. There must however be taken into account,to approx. 10% of the bandwidth of DSL is used for 'overhead'(ie the

compound handling for sending and receiving data).

Also the overhead part of the statement above is under review, because it is not deemed fair that any isp traffic handling should be included in the promised speed that is sold to you.

SO.... English isp: no guarantee on speed and traffic control

Danish isp: 85-90% guarantee and no traffic control.

The English no guarantee model would not be legal in Denmark.

CPU: Intel I7 7700k /Ram:32gb_ddr4

GFX: Nvidia Asus 1080 8Gb

Mon: Asus vg2448qe 24"

Disk: SSD

Stick: TM Warthog #1400/Saitek pro pedals/TIR5/TM MFDs

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

torrent-upload with 7-10 mb/s. I let the server upload the next 24/4.

Share this beast :)

DCS_A-10-Final-seeding.jpg.9a00f37f6bad11527415ded01937d64b.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

360th TFW Falconeers

last video ->

ASUS P6X58D Premium, Intel Core i7 920, 6GB DDR3, SAPPHIRE TOXIC HD 5850, Win7 64 Bit. X52, Track IR 4, Momo Racing.

ArmA1+2+3, DCS: World, K-50, A-10C, CA, P-51D, UH-1H, Mi-8FC1+2+3, FalconAF, FC1+FC2, IL2'46, rFactor.

Thanks to those seeding the last hour has improved for me 300k avg

Maxed out my upload, its not great but hope it helps.

Edited by ShadowVonChadwick