Battlefield 3 teaser

Kevlon

Just got into the closed Alpha testing. Downloading this weekend.

Enjoy the Bad Company 3. :music_whistling: Cause thats what it feels like. :(

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you know what, When ever I go to the Battlefield forums to try and read something about the game all I find is ****ing bitching and bad mouthing , even about a product they know nothing about.. please dont make this tread like that. if you dont like the game fair enough but please dont post your negative and unfounded silly statements about it.

Edited by Kevlon

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Don't get me wrong, there are stuff they added that makes it alot better than BC2. Prone and a functioning bipod being the two standouts. But there are bits that I find incredibly annoying. Mostly I think the spotting is abit overdone. I've killed numerous players that I couldn't see via the little triangle above their heads. Hopefully they will add ballistics deflection or weakening through bushes soon.

Besides, the alpha is stuck on a 32 player rush map, which is more like BC2 and not a massive sprawling 64 player conquest map of BF2. So the comparison is justified I believe. Not to mention its still just 4 classes, and everything you do has a corresponding flash of text at center screen.

Yep, it will feel like BC3 for console players but us PC owners will be playing a true BF game. Bigger maps, better graphics, 64v24 players makes for a huge difference.

The difference between PC v console for this game is night and day.

• 3 weeks later...

Battlefield 2 had a mouse look function with aircraft. Although that disabled your mouse controls for the aircraft itself whenever you activated it. Donno if you could leave just the joystick settings if it would work or not.

Impressive but not my cup of tea.

HaF 922, Asus rampage extreme 3 gene, I7 950 with Noctua D14, MSI gtx 460 hawk, G skill 1600 8gb, 1.5 giga samsung HD.

Track IR 5, Hall sensed Cougar, Hall sensed TM RCS TM Warthog(2283), TM MFD, Saitek pro combat rudder, Cougar MFD.

With the fighters, it'll be cool if they don't respawn such that you can achieve air superiority in a round, and then ground-attack.

Not so bad as fighters going so slow as to be almost hovering taking out choppers and fast moving ground vehicles. Let's hope BF3 addressed that aspect.

Not so bad as fighters going so slow as to be almost hovering taking out choppers and fast moving ground vehicles. Let's hope BF3 addressed that aspect.

I don't expect that, because the maps are to small for jets. In the end it will be like every turn you make: "Get back to the battlefield soldier or you will be shot in the head"

The should leave jets out IMO.

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, MSI MEG X570 UNIFY (AM4, AMD X570, ATX), Noctua NH-DH14, EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti XC3 ULTRA, Seasonic Focus PX (850W), Kingston HyperX 240GB, Samsung 970 EVO Plus (1000GB, M.2 2280), 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo DDR4-3600 DIMM CL16, Cooler Master 932 HAF, Samsung Odyssey G5; 34", Win 10 X64 Pro, Track IR, TM Warthog, TM MFDs, Saitek Pro Flight Rudders

O god it'll be 32 players all jumping around the aircraft hanger spawn point (teamkilling if enabled) typing stupid messages as they go. I really hope they come up with a system that can address that.

i7-7700K : 16Gb DDR4 2800 Mhz : Asus Mobo : 2TB HDD : Intel 520 SSD 240gb : RTX 2080ti: Win10 64pro : Dx10 : TrackiR4 : TM Warthog : ASUS ROG SWIFT PG348Q

• 3 weeks later...

This nonsense with vehicles that regenerate health is a big step backwards IMO.

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, MSI MEG X570 UNIFY (AM4, AMD X570, ATX), Noctua NH-DH14, EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti XC3 ULTRA, Seasonic Focus PX (850W), Kingston HyperX 240GB, Samsung 970 EVO Plus (1000GB, M.2 2280), 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo DDR4-3600 DIMM CL16, Cooler Master 932 HAF, Samsung Odyssey G5; 34", Win 10 X64 Pro, Track IR, TM Warthog, TM MFDs, Saitek Pro Flight Rudders