nice with bugs

usul

The game is very nice and beautiful. A10C is really well modelled but the game is full of bugs and I am very disappointed. I bought beta versions and I thought of having a correct final version. But it is not. The game does not work correctly with windows 7 32 bits. It's not a final version, it's still a beta! I would like a patch before a new module

• Like 1

Well i think it's no overstatement.

You'll notice, when flying online. In a Lot cases beta 4 is more useful than Final.

I praise ED for that Great SIM. And i understand that such a huge project needs patience,

But every question for Release date has been smashed down with "its Done when its done"

With this prologue in mind it is not so uncommon that People feel disappointed or even upset with that approach.

Let's hope a patch will do it.

But every question for Release date has been smashed down with "its Done when its done"

With this prologue in mind it is not so uncommon that People feel disappointed or even upset with that approach.

I see that some postings here in this thread are newer members, or low posting members and I want to try to give you all some perspective.

Do you know why the phrase "It's done when it's done" is used? I'll tell you why, because if you miss a stated release date, then the forum fills with postings of anger and complaints for missing the date. Much of these post's by people who have never been involved in any project with the complexity and detail that a Simulation like this entails. They just know they want what they want.... when they want it..... and if they dont get it, then someone owes them an explanation.

All you need is to go through the above described Sh*tstorm a few times and you will quickly be saying "It's done when it's done" too.

Bug's in PC Flight Simulator's is a given, if you can not be part of the Community that contributes a net positive to the other members and help the Dev's identify bugs, then maybe PC Simulator genre is not for you yet.

This is not DCS's first rodeo, I am sure they will continue to work out the bug's.

• Like 1

I'm tired of hearing people complaining about "this is not a final version" ... and its full of bugs. Please tell me which other hardcore Sim you have used that only had one public release that was "final" with no bugs and no follow-up patches because the program was perfect at the time of release. This has yet to occur within the flight Sim community so I don't understand how people are acting so shocked and upset. How many patches were there for Falcon, IL2, LOMAC, FSX and dozens of others Sims that we've seen over the years? How many patches or hot-fixes are there for your operating system?

This is a computer program so of course this is not a final version. Where are you getting this idea that this is "FINAL"? The press release is: DCS: A-10C Warthog Released! I read the whole realease statement and didn't see anything about this being FINAL.

Sure there are a few bugs and I'm sure there will be a few patches in our near future. Chill out and give it more than two weeks for ED to gather the data, apply and test out the fixes. Until then try to enjoy some of the many things that do work well instead of focusing on the few things that don't... and this doesn’t only apply to flight Sims. :smilewink:

Edited by =Damage=
  • Like 3

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Flight Box: ASUS P8P67 DELUXE, i7-2700K @ 4.5GHz, 8GB DDR3, Kingston 96GB SSD, EVGA GTX-570 HD 2560MB, Sony KDL-32BX420 32", 2 x Lilliput UM-70, Win7 Pro 64, CH Fighterstick, Pro Throttle, Pro Pedals

All you need is to go through the above described Sh*tstorm a few times and you will quickly be saying "It's done when it's done" too.

Never truer words uttered!

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Here we go again...

Warrior + Babu: +1

I find myself defending ED more often than not. I wouldn't do so if I knew the company was just churning out a title and then hit and running, "Screw you guys, I'm off in my new Porsche"-style.

But it's plain to see ED's passion and conviction and commitment are genuine. And the commercial realities of creating such a high-fidelity consumer title in a flat, contracted market cannot be mentioned enough to add context to the reality of the situation.

DCS:A10C is right where I'd expected it to be in it's initial gold-state. Not perfect, but damn, I will never ever be as close to sitting in a real Hog as I am now. And that's good enough.

i7@3.5Ghz, ATI 5870, 16GB RAM, win7 64bit, TH2GO, Track-IR, 4screen pit, TM WArthog HOTAS

I estimate a lot the work of Matt. Lockon 1 & 2, Blackshark are very nice games. Perhaps A10C is not a game but a flight simulator and I know that it's a huge project.

I stay cool even I can't play with it and win7 32b. I read some solutions in the forum but it doesn't work : CtD or no texturing...DSC a10c warthog work fine with win7...64b.

I am not satisfied but I do trust them....

I estimate a lot the work of Matt. Lockon 1 & 2, Blackshark are very nice games. Perhaps A10C is not a game but a flight simulator and I know that it's a huge project.

I stay cool even I can't play with it and win7 32b. I read some solutions in the forum but it doesn't work : CtD or no texturing...DSC a10c warthog work fine with win7...64b.

maybe it's something related to the 32bit version. i moved to 64bit os since vista so at least to me it's fine with the 64bit DCS. if i remember correctly when you purchase the windows 7 boxed package it includes a 32bit disk and a 64bit disk.

RTX 3070

Are you saying that you can't play the SIM with Win7 - 32 bit?

I'm running Win7 - 32 bit and my performance is very smooth. My settings are on Medium with Scenes and Viewing Distance on high.

Search for bcdedit set increaseuserva 3072 here on the forums or google it to access extra memory

There are a lot of other variables that might cause problems. What are your system specs?

Edited by =Damage=
  • Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Flight Box: ASUS P8P67 DELUXE, i7-2700K @ 4.5GHz, 8GB DDR3, Kingston 96GB SSD, EVGA GTX-570 HD 2560MB, Sony KDL-32BX420 32", 2 x Lilliput UM-70, Win7 Pro 64, CH Fighterstick, Pro Throttle, Pro Pedals

Sounds like somebody had the UAC enabled when they installed in the program files directory. Correct? Or no?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

OS:WIN7 HP X64|MOBO:ASRock Z68|CPU:I52500k@4Ghz|RAM:12Gb 3x4Gb GSkill Ripjaws 9-9-9-24 @1600Mhz|GPU:ASUS GTX580|HDD:2x128Gb Crucial sataIII SSD raid0|PSU:Antek 1000watt|Case:Antek 1200|Peripherals: TMWH|Saitek ProFlight rudder pedals|TrackIr4

Search for bcdedit set increaseuserva 3072 here on the forums or google it to access extra memory

I actually get black/invisible textures and other nasty problems on my Win7 32bit machine... have to have graphics all on Low to be able to fly.... even though I've a 5870 and other decent hardware.

Have searched and read-up, this sounds just what I need, thx!

i7@3.5Ghz, ATI 5870, 16GB RAM, win7 64bit, TH2GO, Track-IR, 4screen pit, TM WArthog HOTAS

And the reason for not having it on is what exactly? :huh:

When you don't share your PC, it's absolutely useless, a hindrance more like.

And installing certain software in the program files directory with UAC enabled can lead to grief.

Like oh say, CDT's, and missing textures on your favorite sim. y'know? stuff like that

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

OS:WIN7 HP X64|MOBO:ASRock Z68|CPU:I52500k@4Ghz|RAM:12Gb 3x4Gb GSkill Ripjaws 9-9-9-24 @1600Mhz|GPU:ASUS GTX580|HDD:2x128Gb Crucial sataIII SSD raid0|PSU:Antek 1000watt|Case:Antek 1200|Peripherals: TMWH|Saitek ProFlight rudder pedals|TrackIr4

I actually get black/invisible textures and other nasty problems on my Win7 32bit machine... have to have graphics all on Low to be able to fly.... even though I've a 5870 and other decent hardware.

Have searched and read-up, this sounds just what I need, thx!

You may have decent hardware, but the problem is that a 32bit OS only allows applications to access 2Gb of memory (that's both RAM and VRAM), and the OS itself can only address 4Gb. So if your RAM and VRAM add up to more than 4Gb, then you can't actually use some of it if you're still running a 32bit OS.

The issue with A-10C is that all the graphics effects and improved texture, amosgt other things, eat RAM and VRAM, meaning a 32bit OS just can't meet the sims needs anymore. That's why 32bit OS users are having problems when they try to run at higher settings. Although your hardware might be able to run the sim maxed out in theory, you can't do it on a 32bit OS. Switch to 64bit and you'll most likely find you can run at high settings without any issues. I can on the rig in my sig, and many of your have higher spec systems.

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

When you don't share your PC, it's absolutely useless, a hindrance more like.

And installing certain software in the program files directory with UAC enabled can lead to grief.

Like oh say, CDT's, and missing textures on your favorite sim. y'know? stuff like that

I would not recommend disabling UAC in windows if you are running with an administrator account (which you probably are) and if your computer is in anyway shape or form connected to the internet. I find it very odd that the game would CTD because of it since you either give the installation administrator rights or you don't. There is no, in the middle, where some files are granted and others aren't.

I am running a perfectly stable game installed in the program files directory, the bugs I've encountered are reproduced by several others and already reported.

Well i think it's no overstatement.

You'll notice, when flying online. In a Lot cases beta 4 is more useful than Final.

I praise ED for that Great SIM. And i understand that such a huge project needs patience,

+1

The release does have a lot of bugs. No doubt about it. You have to question ED supposed pursuit of excellence with regards to 'it'll be done when its done', when for example Wags stated the next release would not be a final version only for them to release it as a final version with numerous significant bugs. It does feel more like 'it'll be done when we need the money generated by its official release'. I understand ED need to make their money etc, i'm not naive, I don't blame them, but if they were just a little candid it would go a long way.

Many here just can't hear a negative thing said towards ED, no one is perfect. It reminds me of Apple users.

I see that some postings here in this thread are newer members, or low posting members and I want to try to give you all some perspective.

:music_whistling:

Edited by MadTommy

i5-3570K @ 4.5 Ghz, Asus P8Z77-V, 8 GB DDR3, 1.5GB GTX 480 (EVGA, superclocked), SSD, 2 x 1680x1050, x-fi extreme music.

TM Warthog, Saitek combat pro pedals, TrackIR 4

Look you missunderstood what i was talking about.

I have no problem with bugs as i know that they simply appear in such huge projects, and believe me... i know what i'm talking about because i work in real life aerospace technology.

But like any other company ED should feel some responsibility for their costumers. Well this is what they actually do but...

I felt very satisfied with Beta 4 and i thought to myself "wow, seems to be very close to final"

And now?

It cannot be that there are issues so obvious, catching my eye five minutes after starting.

NET ID reset, not in Beta 4

Datalink message transmit, worked in beta 4 (MP)

GBUs not synced, everyone sees something else in MP

several taxiway issues

Buddy lasing worked better in Beta 4.

Lots of more things, things which are essential for multiplayer.

I asked my self, how final has been tested before release, so that these issues did not attract attention, or did they, and was it released anyway.

You cannot argue that this is the point a beta is good for, beause these issues did not appear in Beta 4, at least not in that extent.

Search for my posts, i never mocked up because of lacking information of release candidate, and i also was tired of all that dumb "WE WANT BETA 6!!!!"

As i said, i have no problems with bugs, even in final.

But a final should, from my point of view, definitely be better than that.

I love this sim, and i'm looking forward to a patch. ED is best at what they do, sure.

That should be constructive criticism, and i think it is appropriate in this case.

The sim, and the approach we (the community) and ED are using for coming to that, will not improve by seeing everything through rose coloured glasses.

• Like 1

Why would I turn off UAC? Does it not help guard against rogue apps and malware from installing?

If you would stop watching pron you would not need it:music_whistling:

• Like 1
Do you think that getting 9 women pregnant will get you a baby in 1 month?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Mobo: Asus P8P67 deluxe Monitor: Lg 22'' 1920*1080

CPU: i7 2600k@ 4.8Ghz +Zalman CNPS9900 max

Keyboard: Logitech G15

GPU:GTX 980 Strix Mouse: Sidewinder X8

PSU: Corsair TX750w Gaming Devices: Saytek X52, TrackIr5

RAM: Mushkin 2x4gb ddr3 9-9-9-24 @1600mhz

Case: 690 SSD: Intel X25m 80gb