Future Maps

SFJackBauer

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sorry but I've seen numerous posts about the Nevada terrain, a quick search withi this forum would have found them, so I can't undestand anyone bleeting on about lack of information concerning the removal of Nevada Terrain. Simply put, we were offered the chance of doing Beta and getting the Terrain Free or waiting till the 'Gold' version came out, it's not ED's fault you didnt but it

Remember the 346 Fire Fighters, Medics & Police who died on 9-11.......

Selective memory is a wonderful thing, especially when certain posts simply disappear into the ether never to be seen again, unless I have a copy of the original post copied and pasted into word documents and saved .... just in case :)

Am I an abusive idiot ?

Due to physical incapacity my Wife types my post's for me

The current theater has been around for ever and is getting very old, and the fact that you have a A-10 Warthog flying missions in Russia against a large amount of SAM's is just a MAJOR turn off for me. I understand it would take a large amount of time and resources to build a whole new terrain, but for me this theater is just turning me away.

Imagine DCS-A10 Iraq/Afghanistan/Iran, etc. Even a middle eastern fictional theater would be fine, and i think it would boost sales a lot. Honestly Navada sounds boring if you ask me, I simply don't buy a combat flight sim to fly around and do training. I don't understand ED putting all this time and effort into a training area of operations.

Just my Opinion.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

6 Monitors, 5 Video Cards, 90inch Flat Screen, Intel Bad Ass 2 @ 72.6Ghz, Atari Hotas!!!

The current theater has been around for ever and is getting very old, and the fact that you have a A-10 Warthog flying missions in Russia against a large amount of SAM's is just a MAJOR turn off for me. I understand it would take a large amount of time and resources to build a whole new terrain, but for me this theater is just turning me away.

Imagine DCS-A10 Iraq/Afghanistan/Iran, etc. Even a middle eastern fictional theater would be fine, and i think it would boost sales a lot. Honestly Navada sounds boring if you ask me, I simply don't buy a combat flight sim to fly around and do training. I don't understand ED putting all this time and effort into a training area of operations.

Just my Opinion.

I understand what you're saying, that's why I'm looking forward to Nellis. Not a huge map but at least it's something different.

Iran would be awesome.

Clearly you're the beacon of maturity.[/Quote]

Thanks! :thumbup:

umm clearly he was referring to me.......right?

Nevada map contributer

EDM Modeling tools FAQ:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1418067&postcount=1

Seo libh a chairde is chanadh liom. Líonaigí'n oíche le greann is le spórt. Seo sláinte na gcarad atá imithe uainn. Mar cheo an tsléibhe uaine, iad imithe go deo

Iran would be awesome.

Though I realize most of us are F4 vets, I have to say that I would also like Korea for this baby, since there is still plenty of potential there for RL conflict and pretty robust enemy to engage in the North.

[sIGPIC]sigpic65507_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

Personally I'm gutted the next/new map will be a US based training map.. yawn.. but i'll just squint and pretend its somewhere else.

To me its a bizarre choice for a map for a combat sim, the centre of the US.. just bizarre. It looked nice... but having combat on it is just very odd.

1st thing i'm gonna try and mod is its flippin name.. call in Libya or something.

i5-3570K @ 4.5 Ghz, Asus P8Z77-V, 8 GB DDR3, 1.5GB GTX 480 (EVGA, superclocked), SSD, 2 x 1680x1050, x-fi extreme music.

TM Warthog, Saitek combat pro pedals, TrackIR 4

Just my Opinion.

/agree

I would like to see western alaska ,eastern russia as a what if invasion battle

Edited by egorter

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Master sergeant shooter sergeant important person of sergeants extreme:gun_rifle:

All this talk about the Nevada map.

When it is finish what will it be then?

A emty map with mountain, dessert, and some towns.

Or will it be missions, training sorties mm

Just curious

MB:MSI X79A-GD45

CPU:Intel Core i7 3930K 3.2GHz

Ram:16 gb

Grafik :GTX 680 Sli

Win 7 64 bit

1200 W

2 ssd 120 gb

1 2 TB western Digital Caviar Green

^^^+1!!:thumbup:

+2

ChromiumDis.png

Author of DSMC, mod to enable scenario persistency and save updated miz file

Stable version & site: https://dsmcfordcs.wordpress.com/

Openbeta: https://github.com/Chromium18/DSMC

The thing is, helicopters are different from planes. An airplane by it's nature wants to fly, and if not interfered with too strongly by unusual events or by a deliberately incompetent pilot, it will fly. A helicopter does not want to fly. It is maintained in the air by a variety of forces in opposition to each other, and if there is any disturbance in this delicate balance the helicopter stops flying; immediately and disastrously.

Personally I'm gutted the next/new map will be a US based training map.. yawn.. but i'll just squint and pretend its somewhere else.

To me its a bizarre choice for a map for a combat sim, the centre of the US.. just bizarre. It looked nice... but having combat on it is just very odd.

1st thing i'm gonna try and mod is its flippin name.. call in Libya or something.

Can't agree with you on that, Nellis is very important to the A-10 community as well as the USAF (and allies) when it comes to training. And since when did Libya have a strip like Las Vegas?

Korea Peninsula would be nice too :music_whistling:

I agree, especially since I was stationed at Osan, would love to fly out of there and use the real world 25th FS HAS :)

All this talk about the Nevada map.

When it is finish what will it be then?

A emty map with mountain, dessert, and some towns.

Or will it be missions, training sorties mm

Just curious

Have you seen Vegas or Nellis? If they texture the strip and the Las Vegas area there will be lots of gamblers you could bomb ;)

honestly that is what nellis is, a training and test base. A-10s have two missions there, the test side (testing weapons & avionic intigration) and the Weapons School.

Edited by Snoopy

If this thread became a theather wish list, I would say DESERT STORM ´91!

You would need a super computer for the first week of that battle

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Master sergeant shooter sergeant important person of sergeants extreme:gun_rifle: