Future Maps

SFJackBauer

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the next addition to DCS is an aircraft like the F/A-18, the theater will have to be considerably larger than what we have in the A-10! I miss the really long missions in F4 where you HAD to refuel to get back to base :). 1.5 hrs. of flying with only 5 minutes of combat may sound boring, but I really enjoyed that :). Of course, "flying" doesn't just mean flying straight at angels 30, but NOE at night!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 4 weeks later...

Nice video with Afgan map.

eFn-3yJg5ME

Pity than only FC 2.

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

I have more time flying in A-stan for real than I do sim time in A-10C! I'd love to have the opportunity to fly around my stomping grounds. Besides it's about the only way I'll get to see what the place looks like during the daytime. ;)

HOOAH!!!

Thanks-

If you want peace, prepare for war....

America's Armor

Dev Notes

AARM on Facebook

Help Fund AARM

I have more time flying in A-stan for real than I do sim time in A-10C! I'd love to have the opportunity to fly around my stomping grounds. Besides it's about the only way I'll get to see what the place looks like during the daytime. ;)

What's prevents you to fly by day, take your A-10 and feel free to doing so.

Also if you fly so much there and are A-10 pilot I doubt that you don't have a real sim of the aircraft and area.

Care to explain how is that????

Edited by Shinigami

La guerra, asi como es madrastra de los cobardes, es madre de los valientes.

Cervantes.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

He never said he was an A-10 pilot...

Doesn't matter which aircraft he flew the point is that I doubt that he doesn't have a real sim of the zone and aircraft made for the mili

Shinigami Out...

Cervantes.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

What's prevents you to fly by day, take your A-10 and feel free to doing so.

Also if you fly so much there and are A-10 pilot I doubt that you don't have a real sim of the aircraft and area.

Care to explain how is that????

LOL- Pilots can't just hop in their aircraft and take off for a joy ride- It doesn't work like that in the U.S. - maybe a 3rd world country but not SuperPowers-

• Like 1

If you want peace, prepare for war....

America's Armor

Dev Notes

AARM on Facebook

Help Fund AARM

Shinigami, what exactly would A16 use such a sim for, professionally? I think you dramatically misunderstand what simulators are used for in the military. But the funny thing is the concept of joyriding on military equipment while deployed. Yeah... Good luck with that. :)

And then there's some 10 thousand other objections that are fairly obvious given what A16 wrote, but... Yeah. :P

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Well not a joy ride but if you train for a mission I'm sure that the mili people have a a very accurate map of Afghanistan and I doubt that he can't use that sim, Also the last mili sim that I tried was the one near Moscow I don't remember the name of the facility but my point is that they have a geo-referenced maps of every operational theater they fly. I don't know what U.S. do with theirs but. They most be very similar.

Cervantes.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 3 weeks later...

New scenarios for A10C?

Is there any future project to add new scenarios for DCS A10C besides the Black Sea area. It will be very interesting to add Afghanistan campaign like upcoming DLC.

Check this link: http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_8_4GnCTp578/SEqfr8Q_bKI/AAAAAAAAAjc/KB2VjgYD9mQ/s1600-h/A10+Rolling+In.jpg

It shown an A10 flying over some Middle East country.A scenario like that, will be perfect for fly missions with the Hog.

There is a Nellis range in development. There have been tools for FC and DCS:BS released that allow users to create their own scenarios and there are a few being made - one is Afghanistan. I'm not sure what the thing is with compatibility with DCS:A-10C though.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

I'm waiting to see if the tools get updated for Max 2012. If they do, I'd like to start a map project as well.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

--------------------------------------------------

Joshua Stubbles, Environment Artist - i5-2400K @ 3.8ghz | Thermaltake Frio CPU cooling | ASUS P8P67 Pro Rev3.1 | 8GB Corsair Dominator @1600mhz | 2x GeForce GTS250 SLI AF2 | 2x WDHDD 500GB RAID 0 | Thermaltake Armor case | Thermaltake Tough Power 850w PSU | Samsung BX2440X | BenQ FP202W | Saitek X52 Pro | Thrustmaster Cougar MFD | TrackIR4 Pro

Sci-Fi anyone?

:robot: How about a Terminator Salvation California environment... :laugh: http://warisboring.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/3096823111_346c057b0e_o.jpg

A nice skin to model the TSA-10... http://www.impdb.org/images/9/9f/TSA-10_2.jpg

Maybe a new pilot skin to model Moon Bloodgood too? http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/bc/Moon_Bloodgood_in_A-10_cockpit_at_Kirtland_AFB_during_filming_of_Terminator_Salvation_2008-07-18.JPG :)

A few of these to shoot down... http://www.filmofilia.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/terminator_salvation_conceptart_7_m.jpg

A few of these roaming around... :spam_laser: http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Y5TwdoOLPTI/SRtKV6L7cVI/AAAAAAAAERM/KHY2t-ZtZGE/s400/terminator111208b.jpg

Would be very cool to have a bit of ultra realism in a Sci-Fi setting! Just a thought... ;)

Edited by Slothface

Sloth

"You get enough sleep when you're dead!"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

TM WH HOTAS, TM Cougar MFDs, TrackIR 5 Pro

Processor: i5 2.67Ghz

Board: Intel DP55WB

Video: Nvidia GTX650 Ti Boost

RAM: 8Gb DDR3 1333MHz

• 2 weeks later...