New X:Rebirth

WynnTTr

all this nuke talk is nice, but to be eficient agaisnt an agile fighter it remains to be seen if it does something else than pure EMP wave damage, which by the way will have the same effect for anyone around which i don t know if its usefull pos engagement (furball) unless you got reserve and don t care for your troops, which can serioulsy affect morale, unless they are brainwashed or cloned whith zombie mindset.

Also, if we get energy shield into account (realisticly or not) it seem a poor solution, unless its a mere vulgar display of power designed to fatigue the shield generators of larger ships and would be an even poorest solution if a C-RAM or PHALANX like defensive device are present on the defensive side.

So for sake matters lets the damn reality fluctuate away a little and try to find fun solution for space combat.

Any actuall reality of today os probably a failure in the far future, and isn t the point anyway.

HaF 922, Asus rampage extreme 3 gene, I7 950 with Noctua D14, MSI gtx 460 hawk, G skill 1600 8gb, 1.5 giga samsung HD.

Track IR 5, Hall sensed Cougar, Hall sensed TM RCS TM Warthog(2283), TM MFD, Saitek pro combat rudder, Cougar MFD.

• 2 years later...
  • Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oooh this looks so much better than the RSI one. I like!

Can you really compare the two, one is based around a multiplayer persistent universe and the other is a single player universe.

Both look stunning, and IF Xrebirth ever turns up, I will certainly be picking it up. Will pass the time waiting for the RSI one perfectly. :)

Cowboy10uk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

Don`t know if the Rebirth concept wasn`t to ambitious and if they can really make it happen. Just a few people on such a huge station looks lifeless. Also dont know what sense it will make that you can crawl through the chambers...

Deutsche DCS-Flughandbücher

SYSSpecs: i7-4790K @4GHz|GA-Z97X-SLI|16GB RAM|ASUS GTX1070|Win10 64bit|TrackIR5|TM Warthog/Saitek Pro Pedals

You'd think that after all of these years of development they would have come up with a Multiplayer or at the very least a Co-op game.

Looks good though, I'll probably get it.

i7-7700K : 16Gb DDR4 2800 Mhz : Asus Mobo : 2TB HDD : Intel 520 SSD 240gb : RTX 2080ti: Win10 64pro : Dx10 : TrackiR4 : TM Warthog : ASUS ROG SWIFT PG348Q

• 3 months later...

I preordered it a few days ago. I've been a fan of the series since the very first X-BTF and played all games and their addons except Albion prelude. I also read all the books and I'm looking forward to the game.

But if you know the old games: Don't be disappointed, since it is vastly different to the old games in many points. There is a certain chance that you will not like the gameplay because of that.

I actually dislike the old games because the universe seemed very bland and uninteresting. Also the combat and flight handling was very boring and quite crap.

Ive seen videos of this and the combat looks much closer to classic Xwing, or Freespace combat, and you dont need a PhD in economics to get into the trading business anymore...

Well, as the games were all based on their predecessors they kinda stacked one feature on the other and built a gigantic Jenga tower that made them both complex and unstable. People that grew with it understood it, all others had massive problems with it. So Egosoft completely re-wrote the UI and economy system from scratch.

I agree that the combat was not so much fun, and the game was a bit boring sometimes. They made it more fast-paced now I think.

Yea I noticed this on steam the other day and after having looked into think it could be really good. Only issue I have is that in some of the videos something seems off about the cockpit views, cant quite put my finger on it. Definitely keeping an eye on it but I think I may hold out for some reviews first

Intel i5-4670k @ 4.4 ghz | Corsair H100i | Gainward GTX 760 Phantom (overdue an upgrade) | Asus Maximus VI Gene MBoard | 8gb Corsair Vengeance | 3 x Sandisk/Crucial SSD's | Corsair AX760 PSU | Saitek X45 (ftw!)

I agree, it certainly looks nice. I'm more concerned about how practical it is.

EDIT: I just got an email from amazon and they say I'll get the game on November 26th. WTF?? Ten days after it will be available in my local games store? I think I'll cancel that pre-order.... Or maybe not because I don't have that much time to play games anyway....

Edited by Aginor

@leafer: Will do!

As for the multiplayer: I never missed it in the earlier games. I never played a space game in multiplayer (SC will be my first one, and I might discover I don't like it and play that one singleplayer as well) and the cool thing in the X series is to have your own huge company with your own stations, a fleet of haulers and miners and military ships etc.

You just can't do that in multiplayer games. Singleplayer sandbox allows that freedom.

Basically you can be the uber-hero in that universe. In a multiplayer game that's nearly impossible. I'm still angry about Bethesda because they killed my favourite offline RPG series where I could be THE hero, by making a crappy MMO out of it.

Perhaps I would like to have co-op gameplay in the X series. Maybe. But not more.

I'm pretty sure there will be lots of "let's play"s and reviews once the game is released, with many different opinions about it. I guess you will be able to make your decision that way. And if you have questions I will also answer them if I can, so feel free to ask.

I canceled my amazon order today, will get the steam code so I can play at the weekend.

@leafer: Will do!

As for the multiplayer: I never missed it in the earlier games. I never played a space game in multiplayer (SC will be my first one, and I might discover I don't like it and play that one singleplayer as well) and the cool thing in the X series is to have your own huge company with your own stations, a fleet of haulers and miners and military ships etc.

You just can't do that in multiplayer games. Singleplayer sandbox allows that freedom.

Basically you can be the uber-hero in that universe. In a multiplayer game that's nearly impossible. I'm still angry about Bethesda because they killed my favourite offline RPG series where I could be THE hero, by making a crappy MMO out of it.

Perhaps I would like to have co-op gameplay in the X series. Maybe. But not more.

You have some wrong information. Bethesda never killed the Elder Scrolls series, they are PUBLISHING an MMO in the series that is developed by another studio. I agree its a bad move but I guess they bought into the whole MMO craze as much as everyone else has.

They will still be developing single player TES games INHOUSE in the future. Dont worry about it, they wouldnt kill their cash cow.

I really hope you are right.

But I think it would be the first time that a franchise went MMO and came back with offline stuff after that. Until now I haven't heard of any plans by Bethesda to do another TES game.

Blizzard did Warcraft, but then came WoW

Bioware did KotOR, but then came SWTOR

(ok, actually only two examples from the top of my head)

Ok, maybe I am too negative about it. One can still have hope I guess.

Dont worry about it too much. Skyrim was in the Steam top 10 for more weeks than any other game on Steam. Ever. Bethesda is well aware of how popular their TES single player series is. (Development on the MMO was started before Skyrim was even released)