Open Teamspeak

I want to create a Teamspeak server for all the players that love online flight but are not a part of any online squad. My current method of finding a server is to click down my favorites list in Teamspeak and ask each squad the generic “Hello, What are up to?” Sometimes I find a flight; sometimes I find lot of empty Teamspeaks. I know I’m not alone in this daily quest. I run into other squadless players. I am guilty of starting online flights with these fellow pilots to later have the real squad show up and ask us where we are flying cause there DCS server is not up. It is kind of awkward. I don’t want to sit in others teamspeak anymore.

I have a vision for a teamspeak that anyone can join the lobby. From there they can choose any channel that fits what they want to do. I would have a channel for Blackshark, FC2, and A10c. From there if you find someone that wants to fly with you can go to a sub-channel and start or join a server together.

I pretty much want a non squad based server for the community to join. And that’s what I plan to give. I am in the middle of setting one up for everyone to use freely. I plan on putting enough money into it for 6 months of use for 50 slots. I feel this is more than enough size for now. It can be expanded if needed.

Later today I will put up an address for this teamspeak. I hope everyone can use it to help find copilots, especially the squadless pilots among us.

I will need some admins for this server. If you are interested in being an admin for this server please send me a PM. I will fill you in what I will need for admins.

I hope to see you all airborne soon.

Krazy

Server is up. Free for all to use.

No password for now. Will add one if its needed.

ch.teamspeak.cc:9083

Edited by Krebs20
updated
  • Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The server is up. I only had time to put in a very basic setup. Its enough to get the concept started.

This is NOT an Official Server!

All skill levels are welcome.

ANYONE can use this teamspeak for whatever they like.

If any squads do not have a teamspeak feel free to use this one.

PM or post here if you have any request or questions.

If you have some kind of dispute with another player PM ME. DO NOT POST IT IN PUBLIC FORUMS. It is a violation of the terms of agreements in the DCS forums. I do not have a website so we will have to deal with it through PM.

Good Luck and have a safe flight!

Edited by Krebs20
Added Information.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

One thing you could do instead of going to every TS. Look at the list of servers and pick one you want to fly in. Once in there, alt-tab out and join there TS, hope people are using it. Having people on comms helps everyone one out. Makes the multiplayer experience 10x better with cordinated attacks and you can call for help when needed. In-game comms would work perfectly for this, Arma is a good example of this.

i7-4820k @ 3.7, Windows 7 64-bit, 16GB 1866mhz EVGA GTX 970 2GB, 256GB SSD, 500GB WD, TM Warthog, TM Cougar MFD's, Saitek Combat Pedals, TrackIR 5, G15 keyboard, 55" 4K LED

Yes, but sadly DCS does not have in-game comms. It would be nice though if they were added some time in the future.

Aside from that, I think that having a TS for lone wolfs' is a great idea, and it fosters teamplay for the people who aren't part of a squad for whatever reason.

If you aim for the sky, you will never hit the ground.

A lot of squads don't mind if you use there TS, just as long as your not abusing it or use bad lanuage. Built in comms would save squads some extra cash and headaches.

i7-4820k @ 3.7, Windows 7 64-bit, 16GB 1866mhz EVGA GTX 970 2GB, 256GB SSD, 500GB WD, TM Warthog, TM Cougar MFD's, Saitek Combat Pedals, TrackIR 5, G15 keyboard, 55" 4K LED

Great Idea

but really I think ED should run a TS server and have a few Offical game Servers running like EA do for battlefield games.

It would give more incentive to play online and promote the games longevity.

It wouldn't cost them that much and other companies do it.

Just a thought.

• Like 1

Mods I use: KA-50 JTAC - Better Fire and Smoke - Unchain Rudder from trim KA50 - Sim FFB for G940 - Beczl Rocket Pods Updated!

Processor: Intel Q6600 @ 3.00GHz

GPU: GeForce MSI RTX 2060 6GB

RAM: Crucial 8GB DDR2

HDD: 1TBGB Crucial SSD

Peripherals: Logitech G940 Hotas, TrackiR 5, Voice Activated commands , Sharkoon 5.1 headset. ,Touch Control for iPad, JoyToKey

I don't think it is either good or bad idea. However I feel it will not be hmm popular? Those who want enter TS will do this on server's TS they're playing on. If it is not possible there are many publics... heh most main servers provide TS anyway.

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

I FULLY SUPPORT this open TSserver for the DCS community ... but really, Krebs20, your idea is THAT FINE , that ED should "catch the ball" and rent a TSserver and name it "Official DCS Community TS" and give it to the folks for free .... maybe there is a "softwaresollution" for connecting the joinability to the CDkey or sth :book: to keep the "hawx pilots" out of our game ...eeehhh.... SIM of course :joystick: (take the last joke with humor please)

Schnarre

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

There are two types of fighter pilots - those who have, and those who will execute a magnificent break turn towards a bug on the canopy . . . .

http://www.youtube.com/user/schnarrsonvomdach

http://www.twitch.tv/schnarre

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Schnarre-Schnarrson/876084505743788?fref=ts

To be clear. I want players to use servers teamspeak when they are on there server. I want this to be a meeting place for pilots. I don't log onto dcs and check server by server. It's too much to join a server. Get the teamspeak. Tab out and log onto it. Just to find its empty and the 3 others in the server don't want to join coms.

I talk to people in teamspeak before I fly. I want this to be a place people look before they fly. I think lonewolves have a bad rep. I do not have the time to join a squad and complete training or make meetings. I take my online flight time seriously. I know others that are in same situation as me.

I had some issues with the teamspeak server. I have running now but I was unable to setup any channels. I am forced to go to a relatives graduation atm. When I get home ill finish the setup and post the address.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lonewolf that doesn't want to use the provided servers slots?

Start Teamspeak in server mode. Run your own. goodluck

'T'

That's what I do... I don't get to play very often, but when I do, I'll host the game and a TS server. It's always fun meeting the folks and makes the game much better, playing on the same team or h2h. :pilotfly:

ch.teamspeak.cc:9083

Server is up.

do u think its possible to make a TSviewer with that? hopefully we get a "sticky post" with the "community TS viewer" ?

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

There are two types of fighter pilots - those who have, and those who will execute a magnificent break turn towards a bug on the canopy . . . .

http://www.youtube.com/user/schnarrsonvomdach

http://www.twitch.tv/schnarre

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Schnarre-Schnarrson/876084505743788?fref=ts

That's what I do... I don't get to play very often, but when I do, I'll host the game and a TS server. It's always fun meeting the folks and makes the game much better, playing on the same team or h2h. :pilotfly:

IMHO (and not an official response)

Exactly. I dont understand what this thread is all about TBH! Run your own TS Client / server and call it 'DCS Community Server - 1', people come in to chat / fly or see it on the universal server listing and start their own, 'DCS Community Server - 2', and so on, etc etc.

We have to be realistic here. Are we going to wait for ED to announce that they will host a DCS Community Teamspeak for you all to meet up n chat, chat some more, then fly on an agreed server? When there are endless servers out there anyway and the ease is there in which you can host your own Teamspeak?

probably not.

'T'

Come pay us a visit on YouTube - search for HELI SHED

Main Banner.PNG

IMHO (and not an official response)

Exactly. I dont understand what this thread is all about TBH! Run your own TS Client / server and call it 'DCS Community Server - 1', people come in to chat / fly or see it on the universal server listing and start their own, 'DCS Community Server - 2', and so on, etc etc.

We have to be realistic here. Are we going to wait for ED to announce that they will host a DCS Community Teamspeak for you all to meet up n chat, chat some more, then fly on an agreed server? When there are endless servers out there anyway and the ease is there in which you can host your own Teamspeak?

probably not.

'T'

However, i applaud the initiative and as a result have bookmarked the Server. I will frequent it reulary over the next couple of weeks. If anyone needs help, feel free to poke me.

Regards

Come pay us a visit on YouTube - search for HELI SHED

Main Banner.PNG

Nice job - good effort. :thumbup:

I'll announce it in my ServMan MOTD for my own server as well. (Testers / Moderators are not ED officals).

Cheers.

The mind is like a parachute. It only works when it's open | The important thing is not to stop questioning

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I want to thank you for this - more folks seem to be using it - and there is a nice community growing on it.

much appreciated.

ASUS Tuf Gaming Pro x570 / AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ 3.8 / XFX Radeon 6900 XT / 64 GB DDR4 3200 

"This was not in the Manual I did not read", cried the Noob" - BMBM, WWIIOL