Best options for looking around

kiwikidd

Hi all,

I'm new the game and love the look of it but I have been watching some you tube vids to learn more and I 'm really interest to know what setup these guys use for looking and zooming so quickly around.

I'm using the s45 joystick and would love to know how to set up my system to be able to zoom and look that fast.

Thanks for your help

example of what I'm talking about http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKV-PaPEpEQ

• Like 1

One word TrackIR: Checkout http://www.naturalpoint.com/trackir/

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• CPU i7 4970k @ 4.7 GHz
  • RAM 16GB G.Skill TridentX 1600
  • ATX ASUS Z97-PRO
  • DSU Samsung 850 PRO 256GB SSD for Win10, Plextor M6e 128GB SSD for DCS exclusively, RAID-1 HDDs
  • GFX Aorus GTX 1080 Ti 11GB Xtreme Edition, ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q, 27" with G-Sync, Oculus Rift CV1

• HID TM HOTAS Warthog + 10 cm extension, MFG Crosswind pedals, TrackIR 5, Obutto oZone

My TM Warthog Profile + Chart, F-15C EM Diagram Generator

Other alternatives are Free-Track or FaceTrackNoIR. There are several threads in the Input and Output subforums http://forums.eagle.ru/forumdisplay.php?f=96.

Core i5-760 @ 3.6Ghz, 4GB DDR3, Geforce GTX470, Samsung SATA HDD, Dell UH2311H 1920x1080, Saitek X52 Pro., FreeTrack homemade cap w/ LifeCam VX-1000, Windows 7 Professional x64 SP1.

FreeTrack in DCS A10C (64bit): samttheeagle's headtracker.dll

Worth every penny, will literally blow the mind right out of your head .

Wouldn't dream of flying without it

Honestly, I was so skeptical about how good TrackIR really was...and how much I would benefit from using it. All I can say is it has completely changed my fun and immersion factor. It makes life SO much easier when you are coming off a bomb or gun run to look back real quick and see how you did.

Also the Warthog you will not regret :D

Expensive hobby ey ;)

Yeah it's heading that way alright. Had to get a nice Alienware laptop first to kick me off, so might as well keep going now :smilewink:

----------------

Alienware M17XR3

16GB Ram

256GB solidstate drive

win7

64bit

Ive said it before and I hold no gripes about saying it again. TIR (or any head tracking) is the best upgrade you can make for your Simming PC.

It will take you awhile to get used to it but after a week or so it will be like having a spare arm. I dont even think about it now I just look and its there. :)

A fun thing to do that will help you practise is to Pick a building (a power station etc) and try to keep it in the same spot while you fly rings around it :joystick: :)

TrackIR is absolutely incredible. You 100% will not regret it. I'd sooner play with a 2 button joystick and TrackIr using the -+ keys for the throttle, than a full HOTAS setup without it.

If money is an issue consider the X52 pro, very good for the price. If money isn't an issue, then Warthog all the way :-) I need to get one soon but bought the X52 so recently that I can't justify it (yet..).

Intel i7 6700k, Asus GTX1070, 16gb DDR4 @ 3200mhz, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Rudder Pedals, Samsung Evo 850 SSD @ 500GB * 2, TrackIR 5 and 27" monitor running at 2560 * 1440, Windows 10.

Yeah it's heading that way alright. Had to get a nice Alienware laptop first to kick me off, so might as well keep going now :smilewink:

----------------

Alienware M17XR3

16GB Ram

256GB solidstate drive

win7

64bit

Yep keep going. Thats what I did. Built a whole new computer for this sim.

You won't regret TrackIr. I bought my 1st one a few weeks ago(TrackIr 5 Pro) and wondered why I never bought one sooner:doh:

I'd beg to differ with that, a woman scorned as they say.

Meh, the worst that can happen is that you get a divorce, and then you won't have to ask again when spending money on the mancave. Win/Win. :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Yeah TrackIR, I cant remember how I ever flew without it.

Hornet, Super Carrier, Warthog & (II), Mustang, Spitfire, Albatross, Sabre, Combined Arms, FC3, Nevada, Gulf, Normandy, Syria AH-6J

i9 10900K @ 5.0GHz, Gigabyte Z490 Vision G, Cooler Master ML120L, Gigabyte RTX3080 OC Gaming 10Gb, 64GB RAM, Reverb G2 @ 2480x2428, TM Warthog, Saitek pedals & throttle, DIY collective, TrackIR4, Cougar MFDs, vx3276-2k

Combat Wombat's Airfield & Enroute Maps and Planning Tools

cw1.png

Cheers, for the fast replies. Now my next issue is how do I justify/hide this purchase from my wife ;-)

You make a Freetrack headset/system. Wags just released the headtracking API so now Freetrack works with 64bit DCS. My Freetrack works just as well as TrackIR, 6 degrees of freedom and all. All I did was buy a webcam, and rig three LEDs. Barely costed me $50. Plus, if something goes wrong, I can fix it myself. Full lifetime warranty. ;)

Windows 10 64bit

Intel i7 9700K

Corsair H80i v2 Hydro Cooler

EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti XC Ultra

32GB RAM

ASUS Z390 Maximus XI

Samsung 970 EVO 1tb NVMe Solid State Drive

EVGA Gold 1000w

HTC Vive Pro VR

Don't use trackir around your friends though. My friends were saying the headtracker is a radio antenna used to talk to aliens.

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return." - Leonardo da Vinci

Intel i7-4790k | Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo heat sink | Thermaltake Core V71 case | 750W EVGA PSU | 8gb G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 RAM | MSI Z97 Gaming 5 LGA 1150 motherboard | Samsung SSD | ASUS STRIX GTX 970 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | TIR 5 | Razer Deathadder | Corsair K70

Here's my setup, using a rotary on the stick, and TIR. I know there's much debate about free track etc. But for me, I gotta recommend TIR.

Fish's Flight Sim Videos

[sIGPIC]I13700k, RTX4090, 64gb ram @ 3600, superUltraWide 5120x1440, 2560x1440, 1920x1080, Warthog, Tusba TQS, Reverb VR1000, Pico 4, Wifi6 router, 360/36 internet[/sIGPIC]