In which sim did you spend most of your flight hours?

BKLronin

In which sim did you spend most of your flight hours?  

108 members have voted

1. 1. In which sim did you spend most of your flight hours?

• Digital Combat Simulator
    • Lock On or Flanker
    • Microsoft Flight Simulator (any)
    • X-Plane
    • Longbow I or II
    • Rise of Flight
    • DI HIND
    • EF 2000
    • Enemy Engaged
    • IL-2 (any)

I just love polls!

I spend most of the time in FSX (shame on me). Mainly because there weren´t too much alternatives until I came to X-Plane etc.

Not an easy question since there are quite a lot of sims over the years since 1990. Thats why I´m focusing on newer ones.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

IL2 mostly for me. Me and a mate used to play on LAN loads. It was easy to play with semi sim fans, usually a nice coop. No such luck with DCS though..too complex for the useless buggers :D

Specs: GA-Z87X-UD3H, i7-4770k, 16GB, RTX2060, SB AE-5, 750watt Corsair PSU, X52, Track IR4, Win10x64.

Sim Settings: Textures: ? | Scenes: ? |Water: ? | Visibility Range: ? | Heat Blur: ? | Shadows: ? | Res: 1680x1050 | Aspect: 16:10 | Monitors: 1 Screen | MSAA: ? | Tree Visibility: ? | Vsync: On | Mirrors: ? | Civ Traffic: High | Res Of Cockpit Disp: 512 | Clutter: ? | Fullscreen: On

In what time frame? If you're talking over the past year, then DCS:A-10C with a few hundred hours.

If your talking since you started flying sims, then it'd be Falcon 4 (all flavours) with 3,327 hours as of 2 years ago when I stopped flying F4.

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

Impressive numbers, I can´t even guess how long i´ve been in the air. :)

It also seems that Microsofts Flight sims are some kind of training that leads to the real sims. Best thing about it is that you learn how different aircraft fly and then you know where to go. Like primary school.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

FALCON family, and it is almost provocatively missing from the list !

Eight replies, and no one mentions it. No offense but, a little respect to the pioneer wouldn't harm ! :(

Edited by sungsam

DCS F16C 52+ w JHMCS ! DCS AH64D Longbow !

MicroProse Gunship 2000, Spectrum Holobyte Falcon 3.0, Jane's Longbow, DID EF2000 and F-22 (incl TAW). Hard to say but I think I spent around the same amount of time in all of those.

DCS A-10C is probably catching up very fast though and will certainly surpass them all.

Spoiler

W10-x64 | Z390 Gigabyte Aorus Ultra | Core i7 9700K @ 4.8Ghz | Noctua NH-D15

Corsair 32Gb 3200 | MSI RTX 3080ti Gaming X

Asus Xonar AE | TM Hotas Warthog

MFG Crosswind pedals | Valve Index

FALCON family, and it is almost provocatively missing from the list !

Eight replies, and no one mentions it. No offense but, a little respect to the pioneer wouldn't harm ! :(

There are a lot of sims missing from the list, Janes sims, Nova logic. Those games are old so maybe that's why they aren't on the list. If he added everything the list would be like 40 games long.

i7-4820k @ 3.7, Windows 7 64-bit, 16GB 1866mhz EVGA GTX 970 2GB, 256GB SSD, 500GB WD, TM Warthog, TM Cougar MFD's, Saitek Combat Pedals, TrackIR 5, G15 keyboard, 55" 4K LED

For the last time it's DCS: A-10C that takes the first spot for number of hours, over all my flying time it's IL2 though. Played that religiously ever since it's release until DCS:BS came around. Started my sim-flying on Amiga Fighting Falcon, then Chuck Yeager's Air Combat and EF2000 on PC. There's sooo many I've played that aren't on the list though, so hard to mention all of them.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

I'm not exactly sure which was my first simulation, but one of them were Flanker 1.0 and from Microprose the F-15E Strike Eagle III, Jane's F-15E Strike Eagle, Jane's USAF, Microprose F-14 Tomcat Fleet Defender, then later Flanker 2.0 and Lock On, DiD EF 2000, Jane's F-18E Superhornet, Falcon 4.0, Falcon 4 AF and now DCS A-10C. There were also some noname games.

I must boycott this poll due to lack of FALCON 4.

Me too... more than 2.000 flight hours on the Viper... and not even one of the versions ( Falcon 4.0, Falcon 4.0 Allied Force, Open Falconb, Free Falcon, ..) available in this list :music_whistling:

But still about 10 hours in A-10 :joystick:

DCS F-16C Blk. 40/42 :helpsmilie:

Candidate - 480th VFS - Cupra | 06

MS Combat Flight Sim.

Much time wasted on that game. A few times I remember hearing the birds chirping and thinking &%$! I better get to bed.

[url=http://www.aef-hq.com.au/aef4/forumdisplay.php?262-Digital-Combat-Simulator][SIGPIC]http://img856.imageshack.us/img856/2500/a10161sqnsignitureedite.png[/SIGPIC][/url]