DCS World 2.0 and New Maps Discussion Thread

Wags

As it is still receiving/updating features/graphics, I don't think the system specs are finalized yet.

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When Edge does finally make it on to our PC's, is it going to lagg as bad as it does now in Multilayer or do you think this engine will make a difference regarding Multilayer?

I don't think it will change MP much at all. That's really just dependent upon your internet and specs, and the quality of the server.

If you always play in servers located across the Atlantic, you're gonna have a bad time.

I don't think it will change MP much at all. That's really just dependent upon your internet and specs, and the quality of the server.

If you always play in servers located across the Atlantic, you're gonna have a bad time.

If only there were more AUS/NZ servers :D

RTX 2070 8GB | 32GB DDR4 2666 RAM | AMD Ryzen 5 3600 4.2Ghz | Asrock X570 | CH Fighterstick/Pro Throttle | TM MFDs | TrackIR 5

I thought dedi servers were going to be released along with EDGE? Or at least that was the original plan and this may have changed. Proper dedi servers would help with MP lag I'd presume.

I thought dedi servers were going to be released along with EDGE? Or at least that was the original plan and this may have changed. Proper dedi servers would help with MP lag I'd presume.

I don't think it was ever said that this feature would be released with EDGE. Only that EDGE is probably a prerequisite for the implementation of this feature.

I don't think it was ever said that this feature would be released with EDGE. Only that EDGE is probably a prerequisite for the implementation of this feature.

iirc, Wags mentioned in a post about a year ago that a dedicated server would be a feature of EDGE (sorry, can't find the link). In latest updates about EDGE however, this wasn't any longer there. I 'm not sure what this means, but I do hope that it is in their plans to implement it.

edit : found the link, it's a sticky by SithSpawn

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=122230&highlight=EDGE

Edited by airdoc

The three best things in life are a good landing, a good orgasm, and a good bowel movement. The night carrier landing is one of the few opportunities in life to experience all three at the same time.

there were some dudes on a server that were saying that the F/A-18 is coming with version 2.0.0?? does anyone know if this is true?

You can land anywhere once. :thumbup:

the Hornet, is indeed in progress... it really does exist!

there were some dudes on a server that were saying that the F/A-18 is coming with version 2.0.0?? does anyone know if this is true?

They are definitely mistaken, but I would happily eat "crow" if they turn out to be right.

What they were most likely thinking is that Wags had said a while back not to expect any news on DCS F-18 until at least Aug 2014. Some people take that as release is imminent - that, sadly is not the case.

Win 10 Pro 64Bit | 49" UWHD AOC 5120x1440p | AMD 5900x | 64Gb DDR4 | RX 6900XT

iirc, Wags mentioned in a post about a year ago that a dedicated server would be a feature of EDGE (sorry, can't find the link). In latest updates about EDGE however, this wasn't any longer there. I 'm not sure what this means, but I do hope that it is in their plans to implement it.

edit : found the link, it's a sticky by SithSpawn

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=122230&highlight=EDGE

Yes, but it does not mean that the dedicated server tools/pkg will be released simultaneously. It's best to expect a delay on that release.

Win 10 Pro 64Bit | 49" UWHD AOC 5120x1440p | AMD 5900x | 64Gb DDR4 | RX 6900XT

• ED Team
Yes, but it does not mean that the dedicated server tools/pkg will be released simultaneously. It's best to expect a delay on that release.

I am sure they will let us know what is expected to come in 2.0.0 as it gets closer to release. You can expect certain features and such to come later or be tweaked as we go... but at this point we just need to wait for more info.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

If I remember correct it was about EDGE establishing the means for a dedicated server (rendering seperated etc.)

The statement I have in mind was: After EDGE is done ED will commit ressources to the development of a dedicated server.

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

They are definitely mistaken, but I would happily eat "crow" if they turn out to be right.

What they were most likely thinking is that Wags had said a while back not to expect any news on DCS F-18 until at least Aug 2014. Some people take that as release is imminent - that, sadly is not the case.

That would be the best tasting crow of all time

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

When you have a Sim like WW11 Europe in the works, I would have thought dedicated servers were a must.

@aaron886 - Are you sure about that? I always thought that if a game engine wasn't up to much then it would also effect Multiplayer causing lagg. Just look at Arma 3, it's a good game built on a useless engine. I'm sure if you have a better engine that renders everything much more smoothly, then surly this is going to make lagg much less apparent. I might be wrong, but that's what I always thought.

• ED Team
When you have a Sim like WW11 Europe in the works, I would have thought dedicated servers were a must.

@aaron886 - Are you sure about that? I always thought that if a game engine wasn't up to much then it would also effect Multiplayer causing lagg. Just look at Arma 3, it's a good game built on a useless engine. I'm sure if you have a better engine that renders everything much more smoothly, then surly this is going to make lagg much less apparent. I might be wrong, but that's what I always thought.

Its more about 2.0.0 than it is EDGE...

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Lag at 90% of the day, is the effect of IP packages not getting to your computer or the host in a timely manner.

If you have a PC that has a weak CPU already this can add to that effect, but it would mean you would already have a slideshow in SP...

The biggest issue is multiple connections at different, high ping rates. Host PC Engine needs to wait for the data from each client to at least deliver position and vector info to calculate the world. After that it's rendered as a frame for the screen...

Shagrat

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

@shagrat - Then do the servers have an automated kick option for those whose pings are high ping and ruin it for everyone else? Or would you only find that feature on a dedicated server? Also, what type of connection do you need to run a good sever? Something like a T1 connection?

Edited by Dudester22

Yes, as I understood you can even configure the minimum ping in the lua file. Also it is a good idea to have the Host set to LAN in the MP connection settings... cause he needs to reserve bandwidth to communicate with clients. Especially when clients join in later this can be a problem. To run a server you "need" a normal DSL line (2-4MBit) for you and 1 or 2 clients. The more clients join the more bandwidth you need. Focus on the outgoing traffic! Your server needs to send all clients data on all object changes, so your UPload bandwidth is much more the bottleneck here. With my 4MBit downlink I get a usual an uplink that manages 400k plus which is usually ok for three or four players. Now if one of the guys sits in the US or Asia he would have a high ping and add warping to his aircraft... meaning others see him "jump" around and he has stops where his SIM freezes for a second or two.

Rule of thumb is : the guy with the best upload in the physical "middle" should Host.

Shagrat