BS2 and trees....

BaD CrC

I doubt you can hide behind them, something like that would for sure (you would think) would of been in the change log.

• Like 1

i7-4820k @ 3.7, Windows 7 64-bit, 16GB 1866mhz EVGA GTX 970 2GB, 256GB SSD, 500GB WD, TM Warthog, TM Cougar MFD's, Saitek Combat Pedals, TrackIR 5, G15 keyboard, 55" 4K LED

They may have some other techniques for trees in the new terrain engine(EDGE), hopefully. You know, they could make trees solid, though that would lead to vehicles stuck on trees(pathfinding).

i have seen ai going throught building or other ai !

pathfinding is bad excuse

i don't care if unit go trought tree

but they should not see and shoot trought tree

without true tree it's total irrealistic

plz ED fix that physic for player(ka 50, a10, and shot (cannon , missile) and line of sight occlusion(visual,optic,radar) we need that :helpsmilie:

i test tree with static sam(not active) their range is very low if you fly low

even in field there are tree(on the side like a barrier) even manpad should not see you at 1 km there

VEAF 735th - www.veaf.org - Formateur Ka50

Escadrille Francophone évoluant sur DCS.

En savoir plus : http://www.veaf.org/fr/735-escadrille-virtuelle-dcs-fancaise

Nous rejoindre : http://www.veaf.org/fr/nous-rejoindre

Strange, because this technical detail is explicit in GUI manual ^^

page 140(142acrobat reader)

"Remember, unlike Tasks, Enroute Tasks involve target groups the AI will have to independently detect prior to being able to conduct an attack. The AI's ability to detect enemy groups depends on a number of factors, including the sensors carried by the aircraft, AI skill setting, weather, etc. [...] Environmental and target factors:Background terrain (forest, field, road, open water)"

TASK / ROLES acronyms guide

Black Shark A.I. datalink guide illustrated (v1.2.4 Available on Wiki)

DCS World Codex 1.1 : full units list (Speed/Weapons/Armor thickness/Threat zone/Weapon damage...) (Oct 2013)

BlackShark 2 1.2.x Bug and glitches thread (v1.2.7)

They need to let us turn the trees off completely. Non-solid trees that enemies completely ignore is a big problem in a helicopter sim.

What is the big problem exactly? I don't mean to be sarcastic honestly.

I always thought that it would be even harder to spot enemy vehicles hiding under trees or in forests *in real life* than in the simulator.

And is there a problem with a SAM launch through trees? Do trees block radar (i.e., would a Tor SAM system be able to track aviation that was blocked by foliage?)

(Leaving aside IR missiles for the time being)

What is the big problem exactly?

well the big problem is they can see you but you cant see them when you are low and try to use them for cover. It would make the sim a real challenge if the trees where a true obsticle.

Be nice if the trees are present in the sim but they disappear when you go below 50 meters or something.. Best of both worlds.

Edited by spikenet

well the big problem is they can see you but you cant see them when you are low and try to use them for cover. It would make the sim a real challenge if the trees where a true obsticle.

Be nice if the trees are present in the sim but they disappear when you go below 50 meters or something.. Best of both worlds.

I agree that they shouldn't be able to see you when you have forest in front of you.

But should they be able to see you through and between the trees, if you were not behind any concealment? (Perhaps to simulate finding a spot to peak through)

I don't know if a small amount of foliage around the emitter site would stop a powerful radar from seeing you either.

What is the big problem exactly? I don't mean to be sarcastic honestly.

I always thought that it would be even harder to spot enemy vehicles hiding under trees or in forests *in real life* than in the simulator.

And is there a problem with a SAM launch through trees? Do trees block radar (i.e., would a Tor SAM system be able to track aviation that was blocked by foliage?)

(Leaving aside IR missiles for the time being)

Seems nobody knows or wants to answer.

I spent some time experimenting and found that the trees do excessively allow the enemy to engage you.

Flying low with many trees between you and the attacker puts the player at a huge disadvantage. (Death always)

Although I tested it and it didn't work. But still... thanks for the info.

Hello.

1º - Make backup.

All figures are invented to illustrate.

It's simple. You have 71 files. From 1KB to 1000KB or so.

You erase all files more than 200kb. You will remain 35 files.

Now make a copy of these files and puts the names of files over 200 kb, to complete its initial list of 71 files.

initial list

a-1kb

b-2kb

y-500kb

z-900kb

Deleting ...

a-1kb

b-2kb

Make a copy ..

a-1kb

b-2kb

a.Copy-1kb