Radeon HD 7970 Inbound

Me too. :D

Quite a few of the reviews that have been published show that they just went into the CCC and maxed out the sliders without any problems.

Just hope that the leaked Sapphire document is genuine.

At Overclockers UK they have got a stack of MSI reference 7970's in pre release (No price yet!!) and have shown some interesting Heaven v2.5 benchies with them in Crossfire and Triplefire overclocked to 1125

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18356759

i9 9900x at 5.1 Ghz // ASUS ROG Maximus XI Formula EK Bloc // 64Gb Corsair Vengence 3600Mhz DDR4 Ram // Gigabyte Aorus 3090 Watercooled block//Samsung SM951 M2 x4 SSD // Windows 10 64 Bit //48inch LG48 @ 3840x2160 120Hz//Asus ROG Swift PG35VQ 3440 x 14440 144Hz // TM Warthog HOTAS (Ser. No. 00836) //MFG Crosswind Pedals // TrackIR 5 //Varjo Aero

An old pilot is one who remembers when flying was dangerous and sex was safe.

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the head-ups on the eyefinity6 support Loz!

I may have a little overreacted with my first reply - I didn't thought about that this is only one of the first reverence models that kuky has linked - and other vendors will add this hardware support.

ah the boys with the toys :D

out of my league. :P

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

Well the way I see it, I don't know what you would do with 3gb of video memory..... 6990s will be very cheap when this card comes out!

Achieving World Peace - One 2000lb JDAM at a time.

Intel i7 9700K, 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz , ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1080 TI OC, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals, Oculus Rift S.

~

Proud Member of the 62nd Fighting Falcons

~

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Well the way I see it, I don't know what you would do with 3gb of video memory..... 6990s will be very cheap when this card comes out!

easy... there is a guy on these forums having issues with missing textures if he runs the sim on anything higher then LOW because he is running 6 monitors of that HD6990... so clearly 3GB of vRAM will come in handy when you run a couple monitors

No longer active in DCS...

I don't have four or more monitors but with a 27@2560x1440 and a 22@1920x1980 I am looking forward to swapping out my 1GB GTX560Ti for a just acquired 3GB overclocked GTX580. With all those pixels the memory will get some good use.;)

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I've heard Eyefinity 2.0 will allow PLP (picture landscape portrait) configurations, so I'm watching these cards closely!

I have 20" portrait, 30" landscape, 20" portrait, all 1600p so at the same vertical resolution I don't see why not...

Been waiting so long though for one of the two competitors to allow it in drivers it feels too good to be true, so I'm waiting to see more reviews with custom multimonitor configs.

Does anyone know if DCS can take advantage of Crossfire?

Or does DCS only use one card?

Pimax Crystal VR & Simpit User | Ryzen CPU & Nvidia RTX GPU | Some of my mods

1 Sydney store has them now for pre-order but they are bit expensive ($749-770). I've started preparing and ordered 3 Mini DisplayPort to VGA adapters of Ebay (I think I'll be using 2 only but just in case I end up getting HD7970 with 6 Mini Display Ports that can run all my monitors - 4 of them)

I don't know if I should pull the trigger and get these first cards or not... maybe wait for 6 port eyefinity version

1 Sydney store has them now for pre-order but they are bit expensive ($749-770). I've started preparing and ordered 3 Mini DisplayPort to VGA adapters of Ebay (I think I'll be using 2 only but just in case I end up getting HD7970 with 6 Mini Display Ports that can run all my monitors - 4 of them)

I don't know if I should pull the trigger and get these first cards or not... maybe wait for 6 port eyefinity version

Don't get impatient :)

Default card has only one mini-DP, then DVI and HDMI.

Displayport doesn't get any screen tearing apparently. Not sure about HDMI, but at least one of the side screens could potentially have some tearing.

Even if you don't get the 6 port 6gb card, the other Sapphire models include one at factory overclock 1335mhz and possibly with a water block.

Anyone know much more about eyefinity? If my center monitor has displayport, should I use a mini-DP to DP adapter or go for mini-DP to dual-link DVI?

Is there any difference in results?

I saw today another store listing Gigabyte version for bit over $900, and this is for a stock 925MHz version card... these people are really insane

TAIPAN, reference card has 2x Mini Display Ports, 1x HDMI and 1x DL-DVI so surely you should be able to run 3 monitors at least of these ports, I intend to connect 2x 8" monitors to Mini DP ports using adapters I ordered from Ebay (thats if I get reference card and not 6x Mini DP port version), main screen 24" via DL-DVI and if it works... maybe 4th touch screen monitor to HDMI port again via adapter.

I think using display port is better but then I don't really know, I was always of the impression that DL-DVI are best to use and at least on my HD5870 HDMI port can run 1080 res as max so better to use either DP or DVI... between the two which is better I don't know.

The thing that pi**es me off is so many different type of ports now on the card within short time... do these people think we change monitors every year or so also... the bloody adapters are not cheap at all... some are more expensive than DSC titles... what a rip off

The thing that pi**es me off is so many different type of ports now on the card within short time... do these people think we change monitors every year or so also... the bloody adapters are not cheap at all... some are more expensive than DSC titles... what a rip off

I actually have an adapter drawer; video, audio, usb and even some legacy crap. Included in the collection are the completely useless rgb-to-dvi adapters that seem to come with every card I buy.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Yeah I see that now - 2 mini DP plus HDMI and DVI.

So I can get 2 via DP then the left monitor on the DVI.

Maybe a 7" LCD on top to display teamspeak on the 4th one, my wife will kill me lol

PCCaseGear and UMart are stocking them over $700, but no sign of the OC models yet :(

I don't know what to do now... I feel I really want one and I can't wait but then I would like to have water block for it too, maybe eyefinity card also but the wait is killing me (very much the same like waiting to hear what next DCS module will be :D)... my wallet is itching...

Also I don't get it what's wrong with Australian retailers... US/AUD is about even for months now... the prices of the card in US are about $600 and yet here you can't see any listed bellow $700

Edited by Kuky

Prices like this is why I make my stuff last for a long time. I can't upgrade once a year or whenever a new toy comes out....you'd go broke trying to keep up.

i7-4820k @ 3.7, Windows 7 64-bit, 16GB 1866mhz EVGA GTX 970 2GB, 256GB SSD, 500GB WD, TM Warthog, TM Cougar MFD's, Saitek Combat Pedals, TrackIR 5, G15 keyboard, 55" 4K LED

Yup... for top sh*t you pay premium... only few months ago I got OCZ Vertex 3 240GB for just about $590... now you can get same one for $430

EDIT: I can't wait any more... I placed my order with AusPCMarket for Sapphire model, they have it in stock so I might go pick it up today or maybe tomorrow when I take a break from work :)

Edited by Kuky

I HAVE IT! :D

picked it up from the store just now... I think I will wait before opening the box till I get adapters and water block... my dad was not happy when he saw the price and will be the same when my girlfriend sees it...

picked it up from the store just now... I think I will wait before opening the box till I get adapters and water block... my dad was not happy when he saw the price and will be the same when my girlfriend sees it...

Awesome-the pit comes together!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

That is so funny! In the time I'm thinking about reading reviews and things I look back here and you have it in your hands lol.

Well maybe you don't need to wait until OC models comes, because you could overclock it yourself?

Is it the base model? What is ATI like in replacing the heatsink/fan? Is it as easy as a CPU or is it a bitch to mess with?

Would you be able to do me a favor and check the eyefinity settings to see if you can enter a resolution of 4960x1600 ie Portrait landscape portrait PLP?

Supposedly custom resolutions are allowed now...

GREAT! Post some frame statistics when up and running :D AND Specially compared to your HD5870

What HiJack said, make sure you post comparisons between the 2. Remember she is a girlfriend not wife, my wife would kill me if I did stuff like that. But then again she know I'm cheap and always talk myself out of things.....but she doesn't.

i7-4820k @ 3.7, Windows 7 64-bit, 16GB 1866mhz EVGA GTX 970 2GB, 256GB SSD, 500GB WD, TM Warthog, TM Cougar MFD's, Saitek Combat Pedals, TrackIR 5, G15 keyboard, 55" 4K LED

I had o put the card into my PC, had to drain the water... I had little trouble putting the card in.... it's very long and water cooling tubing gets in the way.

I haven't done any testing... I am just trying to get if I can get 4 monitors of it and so far it doesn't seem to work.

I have gotten 3 monitors working but I can't get VGA monitor working of the adapters as they are all to DVI and putting another DVI->VGA adapter doesn't work... the monitor shows in displays but there is no signal/picture... I hope the MinDP->VGA adapters should work (they are listed by AMD as working for Eyefinity setups).

I have to say overall the card is impressive and heavy and heat sink is well built... I'm gonna leave trying to get 3 monitors to work of it as I don't have MiniDP->VGA adapters yet and will see how DCS A-10 and BS2 work on single monitor....

erm... not good news here, two tries of running BS2 caused the game to crash and my whole system freeze, first time the graphics got all corrupter then crashed completely... I'm going to try reinstalling the driver