Working on F18 Super Hornet pit

deaconjb

I'm also building a F/A-18C pit. About 75% done. :)

System:

Windows 10 | i7-7700K @ 4.5 Ghz | 32GB of RAM | Nvidia GTX 1080, 3440x1440 | DELL Ultrawide U3415W | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 and 2 TB Seagate Barracuda | TM Warthog Hotas | SLAW F-16 Pedals | Oculus Rift CV1 and HTC Vive PRO VR

+ High fidelity F/A-18C simpit :)

I'm also building a F/A-18C pit. About 75% done. :)

Got any pictures?

i7-4820k @ 3.7, Windows 7 64-bit, 16GB 1866mhz EVGA GTX 970 2GB, 256GB SSD, 500GB WD, TM Warthog, TM Cougar MFD's, Saitek Combat Pedals, TrackIR 5, G15 keyboard, 55" 4K LED

I'll post some pictures when I have put all my parts back together. I'm doing some heavy wiring work for the instrument panel, side panels and for the flood lighting so my pit is in pieces.

Deadman that seat is ACES II which is not used in F-18 and only thing that could be used for F-18 is the throttle quadrant and stick :)

System:

Windows 10 | i7-7700K @ 4.5 Ghz | 32GB of RAM | Nvidia GTX 1080, 3440x1440 | DELL Ultrawide U3415W | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 and 2 TB Seagate Barracuda | TM Warthog Hotas | SLAW F-16 Pedals | Oculus Rift CV1 and HTC Vive PRO VR

+ High fidelity F/A-18C simpit :)

I'll post some pictures when I have put all my parts back together. I'm doing some heavy wiring work for the instrument panel, side panels and for the flood lighting so my pit is in pieces.

Deadman that seat is ACES II which is not used in F-18 and only thing that could be used for F-18 is the throttle quadrant and stick :)

ya i can read :smilewink: any idea how rare it is to find an f-18 stick throttle and a set of rudders together offer the guy $2000 sell the ACES II copy for $700.00 and have a deal.ABC

https://www.shapeways.com/shops/a-10c-warthog-supplies

https://forum.dcs.world/topic/133818-deadmans-cockpit-base-plans/#comment-133824

CNCs and Laser engravers are great but they can't do squat with out a precise set of plans.

• 2 weeks later...

Pics coming soon

Sorry guys. I'll be posting pics soon of my F18 pit progress. It's been slow going since I got my new router up and running. I've had to get out jobs that pay. Here's a pic where the "magic" will take place...:)

Router.JPG.6b717f8d03663e45641ca25232267e61.JPG

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 1 year later...
Sorry guys. I'll be posting pics soon of my F18 pit progress. It's been slow going since I got my new router up and running. I've had to get out jobs that pay. Here's a pic where the "magic" will take place...:)

[ATTACH]63394[/ATTACH]

Used to have one of those at a place I worked but never had access to run my own projects on it. :thumbup:

I am building an F/A-18C, also using a DIY CNC router for the parts. As well as converting a Suncom F-15 HOTAS for use in the F-18.

So far I have the seat started by cutting out the laticework frame for the seat base, and most of the work on the stick is done, just stuck on adding a second switch to the main trigger. Found some great information about doing this mod on the internet, including SimHQ but so far I am not happy with the results.

I have a build thread at Hornetpits.org.

http://hornetpits.org/index.php