Isn't 40 Dollars a bit much?

Impact

I believe they are trying the absolute maximum price they can get away with. Which I guess you can't blame them for...

This whole thread is pointless. The reason being is that what you say exactly above is correct. In marketing you charge what the market will bare. If people are willing to pay a price, then that is what you charge. If not and sales drop, perhaps then you lower the price.

No use complaining about it. If you can't afford it, that has nothing to to do with the sell price for a commodity that is for sale. If you think it is too expensive then don't buy it, and if sales are bad, then maybe the price will drop.

@Riptide LoL!

Lets see, the latest Call of Duty would cost me £39.99, whereas DCS: P-51 costs less than £25. Yeah you're right, it's massively overpriced. :wassat:

I get the impression some people simply can't be happy unless they are complaining about something.

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

Lets see, the latest Call of Duty would cost me £39.99, whereas DCS: P-51 costs less than £25. Yeah you're right, it's massively overpriced. :wassat:

I get the impression some people simply can't be happy unless they are complaining about something.

Well, I am a not so rich or poor American, I will buy it for this reason( my Father-Inlaw flew them in the war), and I want to experience a little of that!! I will price into my budget.

Bottom line, you have to want it, before you will buy it!! For whatever reasons!!:doh:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Celticcoho (OriginFreedom)

WIN 7 64 bit, I7975 at 3.6ghz,X58 Classified 3 Mobo, 6gb Corsair 2000 ram, 2 ea ATI 5870 Eyefinity 6 2gb's , 27" Ultra Sharp,(main view), 3 23"touch screens , Tm Warthog, Saitek Combat Pedals Track IR 5,:D JIM.:book:

I am amazed this thread is still open.;)

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I am amazed this thread is still open.;)

Yes, I agree, $33.00 for a 30 pac of Bud Lite, lol, Fly sober for a week!!!:thumbup:

WIN 7 64 bit, I7975 at 3.6ghz,X58 Classified 3 Mobo, 6gb Corsair 2000 ram, 2 ea ATI 5870 Eyefinity 6 2gb's , 27" Ultra Sharp,(main view), 3 23"touch screens , Tm Warthog, Saitek Combat Pedals Track IR 5,:D JIM.:book:

If they were giving it away for nothing they'd be some still unhappy about the price. :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If they were giving it away for nothing they'd be some still unhappy about the price. :thumbup:

What do you mean???I have to learn to fly it too!!!!LMAO...

LOL...yup, people would complain that by ED giving it away for free they wouldn't have the money to invest in "Fast Mover" :lol:

Yeap, Your either in it or your not, Price does not seem to matter!! Still a cheap hobby, compaired to others.:thumbup:

When was the last time you went to a Golf Course?? heck, or even Bowling??Not to mention, the Movies??

Edited by celticcoho

The thing is, when you see a game (or any product) selling for a really cheap price, in the end you frequently get what you paid for.;)

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

The thing is, when you see a game (or any product) selling for a really cheap price, in the end you frequently get what you paid for.;)

I must Agree!!!:thumbup:

You either support your hobby, or you don't. Sure We all Want more, That is Life....

Edited by celticcoho

yes,it is a lot of money to me,, money is very tight... and I buy whole flight sims for much less... I would say it's worth it, but it is a lot of money... I am trying to see how i can swing buying the p51 beta... I just put gas in our old Toyota and $40 for less than a full tank...

:cry:

ASUS Strix Z790-H, i9-13900, WartHog HOTAS and MFG Crosswind

G.Skill 64 GB Ram, 2TB SSD

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

55" Sony OLED TV, Oculus VR

.. and I buy whole flight sims for much less...

Which ones?

just put gas in our old Toyota and $40 for less than a full tank...

:cry:

If it will make you feel better. Do the math for my truck. Each week its approx. 30 to 33 gallons @ $ 3.80 a gallon. Thats just for work. If i do anything extra Groceries, hardware store, moms house, etc. its more. So i know exactly how you feel...:cry:

My Specs. below

ASUS TUF Z390 Pro Gaming

I5 9600K@4.5 Ghz.

32 Gb. G. Skill Rip Jaw V DDR4 @ 3200

MSI Gaming 1070 TI

Samsung 970 EVO+ NVME Pcie 500GB

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD

OCZ 120GB vertex 2 SSD

Win10 64 Pro

TM Warthog

TM Cougar

Samsuny Odyssey +

CH Pro Pedals

ASUS 32" 2560X1440 Main

Samsung 23" LED/LCD 1920X1080

Corsair TX 850W

Corsair H100i GTX

HAF 932

So that's about a dollar or 0,75€ per liter. Here in Austria, gas costs 1,5€ per liter and we're about as cheap as it gets in central Europe. Of course that is not corrected for differences in GDP per head, but still, wanna swap? :)

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

prices

Jeezz $3.80 a gallon, here (Scotland) at £1.50 a litre works out at £7.50 or approx $12 per gallon yep running yr car/van here is getting harder by the week,sometimes daily. :(

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Keep the faith

AMD PHENOM II X 4 955be @3.2 GHZ | ASUS M4A88TD-V EVO mb | Corsair XMS3-8GB Dual Channel DDR3 Memory | Nvidea GTX 580 GDDR5 GPU | CNPS9900 NT cooler | Corsair HX850W psu | Seagate Barracuda 500GB HD 300 MBps - 7200 rpm | WIN 7 64bit | 32" HD LCD TV | 5.1 surround sound | wireless keyboard and mouse | Saitek x45 hotas.

GBP 55-60 for 3/4 tank on my Nissan Almera (not exactly huge, but not tiny)

GBP 24 for DCS Mustang

I have to buy one. I'd rather buy the other. (probably will next week to be fair)

Edit: haha! sniped by someone with similar petrol prices (or at least as close as I can get)

Buying the P-51 and flying it won't cost you a dime in Fuel????What is the price of Cheese in China???Buy it or Don't. Easy as that!!

I can understand complains of "Eastern" European citizens or other poor world's regions, but if somebody from West says it is too much....I don't get it. For such people 40 bucks is nothing at all.... so what's the problem?

Lol, you obviously don't know the "West". Most of here are pretty poor. Were in a another "Great Depression" brought on by the greedy rich selling all the workers out. I'm currently out of a job, and my future is looking bleak. I too won't be buying P-51. And for just the plane itself, I think $40 is too much. Especially for an old WW2 fighter. $20 sounds more realistic. I'm still waiting for the TM Warthog to come down to a "reasonable" price. $400+ for a hotas is INSANE.

And on a personal thought, DCS could sell a lot more copies if it increased the ground graphics to the level of Arma II. It wouldn't have to be "everywhere" as we all know the DCS world is much larger than Arma. Just in a handful of major places so we can stick FPS into this sim. Fighting against human ground forces like in Arma 2 would boost sales of this sim ten fold.

"Isn't this fun!?" - Inglorious Bastards

"I rode a tank, held a general's rank / When the Blitzkrieg raged, and the bodies stank!" - Stones.

True, buying this doesn't cost fuel, but comparing the cost of the sim with the cost of fuel in our relative countries allows us to discuss how relevant the cost of the Mustang is likely to be in relation to what we have to spend to get by.

So that's about a dollar or 0,75€ per liter. Here in Austria, gas costs 1,5€ per liter and we're about as cheap as it gets in central Europe. Of course that is not corrected for differences in GDP per head, but still, wanna swap? :)

Well here is 1.5 € for a liter and we earn mostly 3-4 € per hour. Many people for 2 € ... wanna swap? :D

Lol, you obviously don't know the "West". Most of here are pretty poor. Were in a another "Great Depression" brought on by the greedy rich selling all the workers out. I'm currently out of a job, and my future is looking bleak. I too won't be buying P-51. And for just the plane itself, I think $40 is too much. Especially for an old WW2 fighter. $20 sounds more realistic. I'm still waiting for the TM Warthog to come down to a "reasonable" price. $400+ for a hotas is INSANE.

Still typical West citizen is much more capable to buy goods than Eastern colleague. Even in crisis time wink.gif

Edited by Boberro

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ