Sales total for DCS (at least Black Shark) ?

Erforce

Hi !

Really sorry if it's not the good place to ask but it's been some time i really wonder how many dcs copies were sold over time.

I was interested for the KA-50 product but, seeing that this forum has less posts than A-10C which is a newer game makes me feeling weird.

So i tried looking without success (i lost hours searching some stupid things in this forum, but not this time).

So if anyone has any info, i would be glad to hear it. even if its a 2010 chart.

All i know is i tried BS1, then bought BS2 A10, TrackIr5 and X52pro, 12g ram and a new HDD.

left a hole in my pocket, but with so great enjoyments (and rage sometimes)

Still never flown in A10. it's just sitting on my HDD.

TASK / ROLES acronyms guide

Black Shark A.I. datalink guide illustrated (v1.2.4 Available on Wiki)

DCS World Codex 1.1 : full units list (Speed/Weapons/Armor thickness/Threat zone/Weapon damage...) (Oct 2013)

BlackShark 2 1.2.x Bug and glitches thread (v1.2.7)

Someone asked maybe a year or so ago. The answer was that the information is private to ED. A10 went into public beta and KA50 did not. There are probably more posts in the A10 section because of the huge amount of people giving feedback in addition to general posts vs just general posts in the Ka50 sections

Nevada map contributer

EDM Modeling tools FAQ:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1418067&postcount=1

Seo libh a chairde is chanadh liom. Líonaigí'n oíche le greann is le spórt. Seo sláinte na gcarad atá imithe uainn. Mar cheo an tsléibhe uaine, iad imithe go deo

Regarding amount of posts, take a look at the russian section of the forum. :)

A-10C - 16 429 posts.

Ka-50 - 47 619 posts.

The popularity of a given simulator will obviously depend a lot on the aircraft in question, and we've often seen people ask who cares about the Ka-50 as it's pretty much unknown; well, in the west maybe. But in Russia and the CIS countries it is the equivalent of AirWolf. (And I know, I'm dating myself there... :P )

As luckybob said though, the sales data is private information to ED and has not been made public.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

left a hole in my pocket, but with so great enjoyments (and rage sometimes)

LOL

BS is quite a sim. I can't play it since I've lost the serial to BS1 and only have the BS2 upgrade serial. I'll get mauled for this but I honestly would rather see more helicopters from ED or more warbirds than a fast mover.

ED have been taking my money since 1995. :P

Oh, my bad...

You're both right, i'm afraid :§

thanks for this flash response, you just gave me a little hope to finish an awesome KA-50 campaign, with this (OMG WTF) all new toys in mission editor !

I don't speak a word in Russian, even the threads titles makes me cry, but you right, i should have checked that before as Russians would prefer flying a Russian craft.

As for the beta and general threads in A10 (until last days) you're also right, i even was wandering over there to gleam infos about the Shark.

Well for the ED's sales volume (praying it's > than 2000 units), i only hope one thing : Keep your passion like it was the day this :angel: good man let you ride his beloved Ka-50.

Now excuse me, my APU is overheating and L-R Engines need a little help to sing their melody to me :love:

Edit :

@ leafer : 245€ for 6*2GB, not really lol'ed at this time but... i do not regret. For this price it is FB-dimm by the way.

@EtherealN : AirWolf... watched it (again... but season 3) this year and... oh yeah now i know why i loved Desert Strike on Amiga (and Amiga only). Oh, btw BS2 took the first place now :)

Edited by Erforce

DCS World Codex 1.1 : full units list (Speed/Weapons/Armor thickness/Threat zone/Weapon damage...) (Oct 2013)

Well for the ED's sales volume (praying it's > than 2000 units)

The only figure that has been made public is actually roughly 2000 - but that was for only a specific country (I don't remember which one, some very small country in the developing world). I think it was Jim that mentioned it in response to a similar thread a few years ago.

So I'd say we can safely assume that the total sales figures are WAY bigger than that. I don't know the actual sales figures myself though, so I can only guess with the rest of you. :)

I think the low figures people tend to guess is caused mainly by not understanding how few of customers actually make "noise" of themselves; most people purchase the game(s) and play it at home a little now and then, they don't go all hard-core on it and post on simulator forums. Internet forums are essentially the domain of an extremely small but very loud minority. :)

After all, if the simulators didn't sell, ED would have moved on to a different market. :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

|
| Life of a Game Tester

During the Steam sales of the games I saw em in the top 20 selling games list... well at least the A-10C was. Although Im not sure how much of that was caused by the GiantBomb guys youtube video trying to figure the simulator out.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

That video was made of awesome. :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

|
| Life of a Game Tester

If i'm reading this properly, TFC is -2M$ net worth. ??? and this is good ?

i'm certainly melting TFC, ED, and some others hidden guys.

As long as i don't see Ubisoft i'm ok.

Yeah,I'll go with Nate on this one,Cus The Fighter collection is based out of Duxford..:thumbup::pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] SMOKE'M:smoke: IF YA GOT'M!:gun_rifle:

H2o Cooler I7 9700k GA 390x MB Win 10 pro

Evga RTX 2070 8Gig DD5

32 Gig Corsair Vengence, 2T SSD.

TM.Warthog:joystick: :punk:, CV-1:matrix:,3x23" monitors, Tm MFD's, Saitek pro rudders wrapped up in 2 sheets of plywood:megalol:

Maybe they get a tax break by claiming the hangars as 'historical' buildings. :P

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

who cares about sales figures? they do not reflect a popularity or attraction to a specific title. My MO is this, I buy it, if I like it, I become more involved with it, and the more I become involved with it, the more I defend it, cuz its that good. See you after the war, Gentlemen!

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

who cares about sales figures?

ED employees need to eat (I'm 75% certain of this :P), so they do. And, if you want more DCS content, you should too.

Win10 x64 | SSDs | i5 2500K @ 4.4 GHz | 16 GB RAM | GTX 970 | TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek pedals | TIR5

If you ever played a named game F4.0.... tell me you were NEVER insterested to fly those Apaches against this freaking DPRK !

Now my dream became true, a true Helo simulator.

The CA Trailer is awesome, ED/TFC should make similar trailers for their other products, too. Thats a cheap way to spread the word.

The free Su-25T in DCS:World is a very clever idea, too.

The website could see some improvements.

The website could see some improvements.

You mean things like this link from the CA announcement that has not worked since day 1.

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/news/pr_pre_purchase_dcs_ca/

Features of the DCS: Combined Arms:

– Move ground forces and direct their fire during a mission.

– Be the Joint Terminal Attack Controller (JTAC) and direct close air support.

– Jump into the seat of many armor and air defense units to engage enemy air and ground forces.

– Play in both single player and multiplayer games.

– Both small and large scale battle missions included.

– Part of DCS World.

See screenshots in news Details

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup: