KA-50 PIT

showtime817th

Hello All,

I know everyone is working on A10’s right now, but I wanted to add a KA-50 to the extended family. I have little more progress done then what’s in these pic so I will post some later on. I been looking around this forum for a while and there’s a lot of awesome pits. I used Triggerhappy drawings to get started, thanks Triggerhappy.

Showtime817

671413712_FrontPanel.jpg.ee5d178e3f92d4856862c2265e237967.jpg

466961651_Hudpanel.jpg.e35db0a624e393706ac3db8600e8981c.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

nice work, man!

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

Thank you for your kind words. Work has started again on my pit and I look forward to flying with all of you other KA-50 cockpit builders. We would be some switch-flickin' mofo's! :)

The biggest snag I have right now is trying to get my front panel gauges, Shvkal and ABRIS to cover the full size of the whole panel. To do so, I need the width of a 37 " monitor with the height of a 27". I am thinking a 23" and 15" monitor (landscape/portrait), side by side, may cover the whole area for running my Helios setup. I thought this might give me the best chance at good FPS as I now run a 37" HDTV (my main view) and the 27" for Helios. FPS was not an issue on my last system this way. Hopefully, the third rotated monitor won't kill the FPS.

Have you decided how to get the monitors behind your setup yet?

Edited by JG14_Smil

Check if you can incorporate some dampers like in this joystick mod of walker450:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1495324&postcount=19

so the stick isn't spring-loaded and can hold the position.

This is the easiest method to "simulate" a Force-Trim Stick.

Have also a look at this threads to get a idea how you could sett up your monitors and what problems you may have to deal with:

Seeking best connection method for optimal multi-monitor-performance

Desperately seeking fps for BS2

I worked on my center pedestal over the weekend and I’m happy with the direction I’m going. I added the data link panel to the center pedestal…I saw a photo of a KA-50 that had a blue-ish cockpit with the data link on the center pedestal…thought that was pretty cool. I still have a few switchs that I need to finish out the rest of the center pedestal.

photo1.1.thumb.JPG.c0532af182a4697dfd1ccdbcf7ad563f.JPG

photo2.thumb.JPG.9eede789d75fabbfce55789358702a85.JPG

photo4.thumb.JPG.f2ce0561bb57a62662a8eabad85e56c5.JPG

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Can anyone tell me what the words are in English in the red circle?

Showtime.

Щ*ЗУМ*СКАЬ-А*РС40574 translated in Google in English U-A ZOOM SKA RS40574

But in real Russian it could mean something else

Anyway, the panel looks familiar to me:)

Cheers,

Wasserfall

If you need the stencils as a Illustrator or Pdf file let me know.

Intel Core i5-9600K, Gigabyte Z390 AORUS PRO, 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080 WINDFORCE 8G