SU-25T - Internal gunpod doesn't angle down.

docfu

I've been learning the weapon systems on the SU-25T and I'm trying to understand how you angle the internal gun down to do strafing runs against targets.

I active Air-To-Ground systems then select cannons. I tried lowering the internal gun down using the controls defined by the training video but nothing seems to change.

Is there anything else that needs to be active/deactivated(such as the Shkval) before the gun angle can be changed? I saw in settings that increasing/decreasing target size is the same as raising/lowering the gun's angle but when I watch on the external view nothing seems to change.

Much appreciated.

I can not get the SPPU gun-pod Barrels to fire more than one trigger pull, how much ammo are they carrying?

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

Su-25 fires its guns in bursts, you need to pull the trigger multiple times. I don't think anything except tanks requires multiple bursts though.

There is probably some way to get continuous fire, but if there is I don't know about it.

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

Su-25 fires its guns in bursts, you need to pull the trigger multiple times. I don't think anything except tanks requires multiple bursts though.

There is probably some way to get continuous fire, but if there is I don't know about it.

I get one trigger pull 2 tracers and the gun is empty. HUD goes to Zero. (0)

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

• 2 weeks later...

Not even close to one second.

also please note that the animation for gun fire is way off.

This is in Multi player.

the burst problem I'm encountering is in Multi player; the Guns burst mode works in Single player.

Edited by Mastiff

Cannot replicate in SP. Only problem is that Internal cannot does not fire when 'All' is selected. Not sure whether that is a bug or by design - will investigate further.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

You should get about 8 bursts.

Cannot replicate in SP. Only problem is that Internal cannot does not fire when 'All' is selected. Not sure whether that is a bug or by design - will investigate further.

It doesn't fire but its ammo seems to reduce.

The gun pod missing rounds are caused by rearming on the ground it seems.

Nate

Yes, they will not replenish the ammo in external gun pods, you need to jettison them (Ctrl+W) before landing, then they will replace them with full pods.

As regards barrel depression, have you tried locking a target on the Shkval and lasing it. The depression/elevation is conducted automatically as you manoeuvre and you only have to worry about direction left-to-right. Makes strafing really easy. Even if you're wobbling left to right, just burst as the pipper is passing through the target and the rounds will hit with this method.

I can't seem to Depress the gunpod barrels - according to the manual it should be RCTRL - and =.

Yes, it appears as if one cannot select ФИКС mode at present, explaining why barrels cannot be depressed.

You should get about 8 bursts.

I toggle burst mode off most of the time.

It doesn't fire but its ammo seems to reduce.

Don't get that either - Internal ammo is unaffected in 'ALL' mode.

Edited by 159th_Viper

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

How do you do that? I thought it automatically cut-off to prevent overheating the barrels.

LShift - C

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yes, it appears as if one cannot select ФИКС mode at present, explaining why barrels cannot be depressed.

Correction to the above and in response to the OP's question:

You can depress Gunpods and contrary to my earlier statement, one can select ФИКС mode. Just seems the animation is absent. Manual is also incorrect insofar as keypress is concerned.

To depress gunpods, keypress is RCtrl [ and RCtrl ] respectively - works fine here.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ahh! The manual needs to be updated.

EDIT:- What's wrong with the animation? The tracers look odd - but the barrels depress.

Nate

I believe he's referring to the in-cockpit switch animation.

Rich

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

not only that but the light for the guns manual and auto sometimes works,

Also the 30mm gun animation is way off the flash is showing from the back of the gun not the muzzel.

I can't boresight the pods now. It used to do it automatically, now it always goes to auto-aiming by default and LCtrl-V to switch between modes isn't working.

It goes to FIX when I switch to pods but it aims them directly down as far as they'll go by default and I can't move them with RAlt [/] or RAlt-/+. I can only bore sight the guns in ALL mode which is using internal ammo.

It's near the end of the track. You can see that the barrels always aim down leading to a flashing pipper.

New Track.trk

Su-25T_1.miz

Edited by marcos