New DCS World 1.2.2 ?

Joy

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 GB??? Has ED added 3 GB of change since the last version?

Obviously an ignorant question. However, I find this strange. I don't see the point with an auto-updater if they have not made any kind of diff of files, and only downloading the changes... Instead, it seems to download entire files.

Nope man, read again. What I said was a QUESTION.

I checked the log file and FOR ME the update is about 1GB. :-/ Having said that I might add that I have restarded the updater a few times by now.

See how rumors are being made?

Yeah man but see how YOU understood my post and he didnt? So yeah, as long as there are official posts from fine people like you (thanks for monitoring this thread and many more man... thanks) rumors shall be defeated!

Edited by Megagoth1702

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

System specs:

2500k @ 4.6 GHz

8GB RAM

HD7950 OC'd

Win7 x64

Posting tracks to make your DCS better - attention bump incoming!

• ED Team

just been kicked off the download server

error server overloaded !

:)

I am happy to wait, just happy things are going well for ED

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

downloading updates through the autoupdater is slower then a handicapped snail..... come on ED got a 500mb/s down and 500mb/s up line here NOW LET ME USE THE SPEED !

Flanker, Flanker 2.0, Flanker 2.5, Lockon, FC1, FC2,FC3, BS1, BS2, A10C, CA and World

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

3 GB??? Has ED added 3 GB of change since the last version?

Obviously an ignorant question. However, I find this strange. I don't see the point with an auto-updater if they have not made any kind of diff of files, and only downloading the changes... Instead, it seems to download entire files.

The folder with the installer of DCS World that i had saved in a flash drive is 5.41GB, the current version for download is 5.17GB.

As you can see it's smaller than the last version that was available for download, they probably condensed code or got rid of files that weren't being used, I'm not trying to start a rumor just saying.

Nero

27" iMac, 3.4GHz i7 Quad Core, 16GB Ram, AMD Radeon HD 6970M 2Gb, Running Bootcamp, Windows 7 Home 64bit, Saitek X-52 Pro

Awesome, thanks!

I have A-10 module on DCS:W installed and this is what my log says about the update:

00008.070 INFO : Downloading 1082690754 bytes in 1955 objects

Google says: 1 082 690 754 byte = 1032,53436 megabyte

autoupdate.log is located in users/yourName/Saved Games/DCS/Logs, you can open that file with any text editor, I suggest Notepad ++.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

System specs:

2500k @ 4.6 GHz

8GB RAM

HD7950 OC'd

Win7 x64

I'm hoping it isn't necessary to do a clean install... My Internet access here in Brazil is so slow...
Not only in Brazil. I live in a rural region in Germany and I 'm happy to get 100kb/s sometimes in the nighttime.

It tooks me 5 attaempos and a whole day to download DCS:World. I have FC3 comes on a DVD, download games are a no go basically above 1GB if you have just ISDN speed.

Not only in Brazil. I live in a rural region in Germany and I 'm happy to get 100kb/s sometimes in the nighttime.

It tooks me 5 attaempos and a whole day to download DCS:World. I have FC3 comes on a DVD, download games are a no go basically above 1GB if you have just ISDN speed.

It's very interesting to me how many germans I know that play DCS live in rural areas. :) I am a city boy, Berlin, and somehow I got into DCS haha.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

System specs:

2500k @ 4.6 GHz

8GB RAM

HD7950 OC'd

Win7 x64

got an error in the middle of the auto updater -

fe58088668c2f9bb6003ff.jpg

Run the Repair DCS world in your start menu and try the updater again when it finishes.

I was giving some bad information. Do not run repair. Just re-run the updater.

Edited by Krebs20

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ah, great. Still going like a tractor on the freeway, however.

Wait for it. It will stop.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup: