New DCS World 1.2.2 ?

Joy

Mission Editor, In Mission

Issues with DCSW 1.22 still:

In Mission (DCSW 1.22.x):

• Fire at point command - Does nothing, vehicles, troops will not fire at target, same mission in BS2 1.1.1.1 works fine.
  • Russian Infantry Soldiers - Always Kneeling when running, should have running animation whilst moving to target, and then kneel whilst firing at target.
  • Russian Paratrooper AKS - No Weapons in their hands whilst they are running, gun shows up when they stop moving.

Mission Editor (DCSW 1.2):

• Fire at point - After saving the mission and re editing the waypoint with the command on it selected it doesn't show the radius of the fire point on the map.
  • Fire at point - When creating a fire point why does it put the point marker so far away from the Waypoint mark, would be easier, if it just placed it near the current waypoint so it is easy to grab and move to your actual target.

I'll have to back up MadDog's complaints, on all points.

It's a bummer for Ground Pounders and Mech's

Hope we can fix it soon

prefetch

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 7700K, Win-8.1(wufuc), DCSW OB, FC3, CA, PG-map, Syria-map, Normandy-map, WWII-assetspack, Bf 109 K-4, MiG-21bis, MiG-19P, Mi-8MTV2, BS2,

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree it sucks monkey balls and I wondered myself why ED doesn't simply release it under a different franchise. However it seems you are spiting yourself for the sake of a couple of quid.... http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lock-On-Air-Combat-Simulation-PC-/321004084627?pt=UK_PC_Video_Games_Video_Games_JS&hash=item4abd559d93

Lock on, £2.50 and then FC3 can be yours. Fortunately I hung on to my old copy from years ago, Id rather not have to install it but there you go...

Regarding the installation requirement of Lock On for previous FC releases, FC Installer only checked for relevant registry entries. So if you want to save some yourself some space (handy on smaller SSDs) as long as these were in place you could happily install FC without having Lock On actually installed.

Just my 2c

Anyone else lose wing tip trails with the updates?

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

So, FC3 aircraft are or are not up to DCS A-10C standard for avionics and cockpit fidelity?

Not

Do you think that getting 9 women pregnant will get you a baby in 1 month?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Mobo: Asus P8P67 deluxe Monitor: Lg 22'' 1920*1080

CPU: i7 2600k@ 4.8Ghz +Zalman CNPS9900 max

Keyboard: Logitech G15

GPU:GTX 980 Strix Mouse: Sidewinder X8

PSU: Corsair TX750w Gaming Devices: Saytek X52, TrackIr5

RAM: Mushkin 2x4gb ddr3 9-9-9-24 @1600mhz

Case: 690 SSD: Intel X25m 80gb

I updated, now my dcs.exe won't run. DCS world will start in single player but won't run a mission. Training videos work and multiplayer won't start at all. DCS.exe just stops responding after 5 seconds. Funny thing is that after dcs.exe is closed it goes back to dcs world and the debriefing page for the mission.

I've tried the auto-repair option with the game and I've tried re-updating the game. Nothing has worked. I even re-installed my DX9.0c, no luck. :(:(:(

Virtual 9th Air Force Commanding Officer

http://www.virtual9thaf.com

i might end up uninstalling and re-installing everything.

Fr/PS are at 7 in flight, when it used to be 25-40.

Wingtip trails are gone when pulling Gs,

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

In my windows 7 start menu, I don't have an eagle dynamics folder. I must have missed the option to create it during install. Is there a way to automatically create the folder along with all the shortcuts without reinstalling? I want to run autoupdater via start menu...

Thanks.

Has anyone dropped a CBU 87 yet? I haven't had time and won't for a few days, but I'm curious to find out if the performance hit has been reduced.

I tried rockets salvo with Su-25T and it still KILLS framerate as before so they haven't done anything about it

No longer active in DCS...

Things I found -

1. P51 gun hits on aircraft are visible now.

2. P51 gun hits on ground look much better.

3. Fire at point - can choose a much larger zone radius (was limited to 250m).

Btw fire at point works just fine for me.

4. New agm65 burner.

5. Rearming for ground units seem to be much faster, grad had rearming time of about 5-10 minutes.

6. P51 tracers go very far, I think there was a mod that fixed it, now it seems in the version.

7. Rearming/refueling/repairing isn't working for me - should still be tested.

I'll post more changes as I see them, wish there was a change log.

Tried autoupdater just now and again I am getting a hach mismatch error. :ranting:

Early in the beginning of the download.

This time I have disabled my AV which was the problem last time.

Will try again later, if not luckily I downloaded the whole thing.

P8Z68 | 2500k @ 4.5 | GTX 1080Ti | 2x8 GB @ 1600 | TM Hog (extended 7cm) & MFG Crosswind (S/N 007) | TIR v5

WWII bomber formations | DCS P-51D: [TEST] TO distance / gross weight / temperature

Things I found -

7. Rearming/refueling/repairing isn't working for me - should still be tested.

I'll post more changes as I see them, wish there was a change log.

Works for me, Su-25T yesterday, in one of the Dragon's missions.

BTW, an interesting effect - tried an MP mission without any modifications, all clients dropped off some time or the other. Opened the mission in the editor, saved it - all good afterwards.

Anyone know the size of the download through the auto-updater?

It depends on what modules you have installed and on what version you are right now.

As a reference:

An update from 1.2.1 to 1.2.2 for base DCS: World (without modules) is around ~600 MB.

An update from 1.2.1 to 1.2.2 for DCS: World + A-10C is around ~1GB.

Has anyone dropped a CBU 87 yet? I haven't had time and won't for a few days, but I'm curious to find out if the performance hit has been reduced.

As much as I love new content I can't believe this still is being left untreated. This should be a priority.

4.8 I7, 1080, TMW&T, SSD, VKB MK.IV.

Hello,

After the update from 1.2.1 to 1.2.2 for my A-10C everything is OK (ouf)...

But with my "Black Shark 2" the delay for enter in the cockpit is very long...

Once that I've selected one mission that I've created I must wait 1'40" for access to the menu with the "FLY" button.

And after I must wait once again 12 secondes (freeze) after have click the "FLY" button for enter in my cockpit...

Before this upgrade everything was OK for my BS2 but now I found that it's very too long, is it a bug ?

If some persons who use the BS2 can tested and say to me if you meet the same delay that me because it's shame..

PS: I'm very sorry for my poor English, Skull.

Got tired of waiting so I reinstalled by first deactivating the whole thing.

As much as I love new content I can't believe this still is being left untreated. This should be a priority.

Seconded.

P8Z68 | 2500k @ 4.5 | GTX 1080Ti | 2x8 GB @ 1600 | TM Hog (extended 7cm) & MFG Crosswind (S/N 007) | TIR v5

WWII bomber formations | DCS P-51D: [TEST] TO distance / gross weight / temperature

It depends on what modules you have installed and on what version you are right now.

As a reference:

An update from 1.2.1 to 1.2.2 for base DCS: World (without modules) is around ~600 MB.

An update from 1.2.1 to 1.2.2 for DCS: World + A-10C is around ~1GB.

Okay, thanks. Yeah I have 1.2.1 world and A-10C so I guess it's 1GB for me.

I ran the update and it got to about 75% and stopped there for more than an hour. I hit cancel and tried again but then it didn't detect an update and simply opened my current 1.2.1. I then tried DCS_updater.exe and it still didn't find an update. Now when I run DCS world exe it goes to the splash screen and then my screen goes black. What do I do now?

Not really happy right now seeing as I pay per GB.

I ran the update and it got to about 75% and stopped there for more than an hour. I hit cancel and tried again but then it didn't detect an update and simply opened my current 1.2.1. I then tried DCS_updater.exe and it still didn't find an update. Now when I run DCS world exe it goes to the splash screen and then my screen goes black. What do I do now?

Go to the start menu and look for an option "Update DCS World". Run that. If that still does not help with the black screen, you may need to run "Repair DCS World" option from the same start menu.

• ED Team

Not really happy right now seeing as I pay per GB.

Please, post you autoupdate.log file after doing Update DCS World from menu.

Dmitry S. Baikov @ Eagle Dynamics

LockOn FC2 Soundtrack Remastered out NOW everywhere - https://band.link/LockOnFC2.

Please, post you autoupdate.log file after doing Update DCS World from menu.

From menu in-game? Sorry, I can't get to the menu any more. My screen just goes black after the launcher.

Edit: Apologies, simast, I missed your post. Updating now again - will report back.

Edited by Col.Flanders