Another ED modules is...F-15C?

Kusch

My theory is that the F-15C was going to be the next DCS module, but for some reason it was dropped. Instead of just throwing away all the work that was done for the Eagle module they packaged some of it, like the cockpit, with FC3.

I have no idea what the next module is, but I dont think it's an F-15.

F-15C is not multi-role so no its not going to be an F-15C it will be either an F-16 or an F/A-18. I think the F-16 already has a 3d pit from some screenshots from a few years back so it might be one of those considering another dev is doing an F/A-18E.:pilotfly:

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes there was Western Multi-role US jet has been mentioned in interviews and then theres the screenshots of the F-16 pit.:thumbup: The F-16C block +52CCIP or something like that was one aircraft mentioned that was going to be one of the future addons along with an AH64A. BTW I wonder if people have asked if they could mod the current FC3 aircraft to DCS level? In Arma I see alot of mods from the devs get improved on by the community maybe the same could eventually happen in DCS.:thumbup:

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

You mean stuff that was talked about years ago? Probably somewhat out-dated material, but I guess better that than other stuff.

Not like a F-15C couldn't do A2G anyway, it's just ... limited :)

Yes there was Western Multi-role US jet has been mentioned in interviews and then theres the screenshots of the F-16 pit.:thumbup: The F-16C block +52CCIP or something like that was one aircraft mentioned that was going to be one of the future addons along with an AH64A. BTW I wonder if people have asked if they could mod the current FC3 aircraft to DCS level? In Arma I see alot of mods from the devs get improved on by the community maybe the same could eventually happen in DCS.:thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

A bit OT here, but LET SAY that there was a situation that required a F-15c to do ground attack, could it be possible? (Like there's only Cs available and they absolutly need ground attack)

Do you think that getting 9 women pregnant will get you a baby in 1 month?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Mobo: Asus P8P67 deluxe Monitor: Lg 22'' 1920*1080

CPU: i7 2600k@ 4.8Ghz +Zalman CNPS9900 max

Keyboard: Logitech G15

GPU:GTX 980 Strix Mouse: Sidewinder X8

PSU: Corsair TX750w Gaming Devices: Saytek X52, TrackIr5

RAM: Mushkin 2x4gb ddr3 9-9-9-24 @1600mhz

Case: 690 SSD: Intel X25m 80gb

F-15C Pit is Fully Modeled and Animated, and Has Connectors for all Buttons, Knobs and Switches... Hmmmmm.....

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

it's been what, 2-3 years since ED has said anything about an F-16..

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

There are many capabilities and features of a combat F-15C that would not be part of an FC3 F-15C.

Also, if I'm flying a DCS:F-18E, I ain't flying a DCS:F-18C, if there is just slightly more fidelity, which means the F-18E is very watered-down, which would undermine and make it pointless for the third party developer, one way or another.

Another "dreaded" F-16C. Yuck. It would be like living in the movie Grounhog Day.

it's been what, 2-3 years since ED has said anything about an F-16..

All the more reason it'll be the 16 because it just makes the most sense. It'd like dangling J. Bieber above a bunch of squeaking teenage girls, but the girls in this case are the Falcon players. The air national guard fly them if we want to talk spin-off from possible military contract. Not to mention it's the jet adored the world over by ten-year-old boys.

ED have been taking my money since 1995. :P

Yep ... it has ground mapping radar functions and it's capable of strafing, throwing iron bombs, cluster bombs and the GPS guided versions thereof ... so if it had to, it could. It's just a capability that isn't used by the USAF.

A bit OT here, but LET SAY that there was a situation that required a F-15c to do ground attack, could it be possible? (Like there's only Cs available and they absolutly need ground attack)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Yeap it could very well be that ED neutered the DCS F-15C for FC3 to get some cash flow and I hope they get boat load. I still think the 16 makes a lot more sense.

Bushaman,

Anything could be in the deck but a U.S. fixed wing fighter is the official announcement, but the E isn't a dedicated fighter.

ED have been taking my money since 1995. :P

Lets hope that the next module will be F/A-18C. :thumbup: F-15C is nice but nothing like the Bug. :music_whistling:

System:

Windows 10 | i7-7700K @ 4.5 Ghz | 32GB of RAM | Nvidia GTX 1080, 3440x1440 | DELL Ultrawide U3415W | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 and 2 TB Seagate Barracuda | TM Warthog Hotas | SLAW F-16 Pedals | Oculus Rift CV1 and HTC Vive PRO VR

+ High fidelity F/A-18C simpit :)

DCS F-16?

Speaking about money, I feel that a lot of BMS, FF and Falcon AF would gladly switch to DCS in a split second.

A lot of €€€ to ED, Graphics Engine and new scenery upgrades come faster, and we will all have a simgasm :D

It seems like DCS develops the aircraft that are not current Active Duty models, but Air National Guard second hand-me-down models or retired, probably due to the Classified stuff. So, I rather doubt the Super Hornet is being developed. Is the F-16 the current USA Air Force front line interceptor?

I hope I am wrong.

Come on, 90% of the guys to DCS will buy anything they offer because it is the best flight sim currently out there.

Edited by ErichVon

Actually the Superhornet IS in development by a 3rd party.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

Actually the Superhornet IS in development by a 3rd party.

Yes but they have said that the fidelity will be mid range due to availability of info, prolly at the same level as the seminal Janes F/A 18.

"You see, IronHand is my thing"

My specs:  W10 Pro, I5/11600K o/c to 4800 @1.32v, 64 GB 3200 XML RAM, ASUS RTX3060ti/8GB.

I do hope it is F-16 which just simply rulez.

F-15C is nice however not multirole.

There is no greater happiness than having tons of gifts for beloved enemies on the ground :)))

And I do not think such screenshot means there is going to be F-15C. Even when linked to the new 3D cockpit, new 3D shape model and so on.

ED could say what plane it is going to be, I don't see any obstructions against.

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ