Another ED modules is...F-15C?

Kusch

It seems like DCS develops the aircraft that are not current Active Duty models, but Air National Guard second hand-me-down models or retired, probably due to the Classified stuff.
The A-10C is an active duty aircraft...

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is no greater happiness than having tons of gifts for beloved enemies on the ground :)))

F-15C is plenty capable of handing out gifts to landlobbers. It's just that the USAF doesn't actually use it towards this purpose, ever.

"Not a pound for air to ground" refers to weight, not capability or development money. :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

I beg to disagree with that low regard of DCS. Previous modules were very solid. you are in BETA. Capiche? :)

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

I beg to disagree with that low regard of DCS. Previous modules were very solid. you are in BETA. Capiche? :)

The problem is that as long as everything thats ever made is incorporated into DCS then it means that everyone is always in beta no matter what because we all have to suffer the bugs that come with modules we may never even pay for or play.

FC3 released, BS2 pilots get a new round of bugs.

I'm not questioning the quality of the modules, but the recent amalgamation of them into a master program has caused things to become incrementally more unstable, and many people consider going back to the final release of say BS2 or A-10C standalone for the stability.

Saying its beta is probably the most annoying thing you can tell people who look on at pending game updates with dread and forlorn.

Me and 3 friends updated in order to play with a couple people we know who got FC3, and we regretted it instantly. One BS2 guy kept crashing and crashing over and over when the day before he didn't drop once.

Warning: Nothing I say is automatically correct, even if I think it is.

You mean stuff that was talked about years ago? Probably somewhat out-dated material, but I guess better that than other stuff.

Not like a F-15C couldn't do A2G anyway, it's just ... limited :)

F-15C is not really a multirole fighter eventhough on paper it could be used for that purpose unless they were going to model an Israeli version. F-16 makes sense because there is so much information available on it. Its possible that they might do both an F-16C and an F/A-18C maybe one and then the other which would be a good approach as both are very popular.

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

With all of this talk about F-15C being the DCS Fighter, what about the Russian planes? I am new around here on the forums but I have been with ED since the Flanker days. FC3 confirmed one thing for me: Russian planes are getting the shaft. Why? I wish I knew. Is there any hope for Russian planes? please, someone, give me some hope.

Intel i7-8700k Coffee Lake@stock

G.Skill TridentZ RGB 32GB (2x16) 3200MHz

ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1080 Ti

Maximus X FORMULA Z370 BIOS 1401

NZXT Kraken x62

SAMSUNG 970 EVO M.2 2280 500GB (OS)

SAMSUNG 970 EVO M.2 2280 1TB (Games)

Corsair AX1200i 1200 Watt

Cooler Master HAF X

HOTAS Warthog | VKB MCG Pro GunFighter Mk. II | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR 5

Heatware

Its the 3rd parties that are monopolizong on the US aircraft not ED. The editor has donne russian planes for the most part in their titles.

So ask for 3rd party planes, also it is the best chance youll ever get newer tech planes than the usual 30 year old surpassed standard variants.

Edited by Pilotasso

My PC specs below:

Its the 3rd parties that are monopolizong on the US aircraft not ED. The editor has donne russian planes for the most part in their titles.

So ask for 3rd party planes, also it is the best chance youll ever get newer tech planes than the usual 30 year old surpassed standard variants.

Pilotasso, what do you mean? 3rd parties are the ones pushing for US aircraft??

NZXT Kraken x62

Cooler Master HAF X

Heatware

for the most part yes, they are western teams so its only natural that they push western planes. We need 3rd parties in the CIS. None has come forward, why?

My PC specs below:

DCS: Su-27 Flanker cmon!!! Lol if only. Lets go back to our roots ED!!

NZXT Kraken x62

Cooler Master HAF X

Heatware

With all of this talk about F-15C being the DCS Fighter, what about the Russian planes? I am new around here on the forums but I have been with ED since the Flanker days.

Forget the old good flanker days, now it"s the F-XX days, unfortunately :(

FC3 confirmed one thing for me: Russian planes are getting the shaft. Why? I wish I knew. Is there any hope for Russian planes? please, someone, give me some hope.

No hope from ED in the next 5 years, but we will have the mig-21 bis soon, from beczl

DCS F-15C = Collective Russian plane fan head explosion over...

1. bias

2. balance

3. datalink

4. missile performance

As if they didn't already exist. Except for #3, and the balloon on that one went up with LEAVU.

Do the F-15C up to the DCS level, and "let the flame wars begin". And that's *without* AESA.

That is not to say that the peculiarities of the art and animations being completed isn't enough to make you stop and go "hrm...".

• Like 1

Mhmm... sorry but the A-10C, the P-51D and now the F-15C for FC3 (not to mention the F-18 3D model for the new CDS aircraft... oops, shh!) are made by ED, not by 3rd parties.

And before that was the KA-50, before that it was the SU-25T, before that it was the Flankers and Mig with the later having capabilities that never went into serial aircraft, the F-15 was provided back then only as opponent aircraft (read: target). Infact out of the 9 flyable aircraft only 2 are american, 3 counting with the Mustang.

My PC specs below:

I meant it more as a joke, but... DCSW is not beta. Its stable, official release. Only modules currently in beta stage are FC3 and CA and I don't own any of them. Those major issues, like particle FPS bug, or that dreaded FFB issue are DCS: World bugs. No beta. Sorry.

Nevermind, let's go back on topic.

With all of this talk about F-15C being the DCS Fighter, what about the Russian planes? I am new around here on the forums but I have been with ED since the Flanker days. FC3 confirmed one thing for me: Russian planes are getting the shaft. Why? I wish I knew. Is there any hope for Russian planes? please, someone, give me some hope.

I don't think that ED, or any of the 3rd party devs are biased towards western airframes. But sadly, let the numbers talk:

Modules published or announced by ED (not counting pre-DCS ones, as they were only ported to DCS):

EAST:

> Ka-50

WEST:

>A-10C

>P-51D

>The mysterious upcoming US jet

>Updated cockpit for FC3 F-15C

>and Nevada is located where? Right... in the USA :music_whistling:

Upcoming modules from 3rd parties:

EAST:

>MiG-21

>L-39

WEST:

>UH-1H

>F-15E

>another F-15E :doh:

>Harrier

>Hawk

>Eurofighter

>T-2 Buckeye

>yada yada yada...

If you love Eastern planes, this is not pretty look at... Unfortunately, not everybody here is fan of US birds...

• Like 1

Maybe it is just because there is more information available in the public domain about semi-modern western aircraft than their eastern counterparts. Of course, I wouldn't know personally, I've never tried to look for manuals pertaining to the Su-27SM or MiG-29SMT.

Edit: Also, don't start with talking to GG about supposed 'Western Bias'. Unless you want to get an earful about how bad the FC3 Eagle is of course :P

Edited by Pyroflash

If you aim for the sky, you will never hit the ground.

DCSW is awesome. Far and away, it is the best SIM I have ever flown, the dev team is very active with regular updates, the community is very active, the SIM has been made accesible to 3rd party devs to freely address areas and niche's in the market that ED will not/cannot pursue itself, there is an ME that is continually developed and has allowed many rich mission to pervade the community, they modularized the DCSW Suite, AND!!! they continue to release new aircraft.

I mean... in the old days you either got one aircraft to fly period... then the company went belly up or the title lost support, or you got a handful of poorly modeled planes. Or you got a huge, accurate terrain database, aircraft with great skins, decently modeled (sometimes even exceptionally modeled systems) aircraft, but... no ability to blast the crap out of anything!!!! GAH!!! And (sorry Flight Sim) the control modeling of the aircraft has sucked since day one... hate the flight sim "bobbing" after adding control input (pitchy... very pitchy). Okay... Flight Sim rant over (it serves its purpose)... don't argue with me on Flight Sim... ;) just keep reading so we can stay on topic.

Of course there is a place for feedback, wishlist, and even criticism, but when I take stock of the SIM as it is today, it feels like a present and makes me so happy. Every time I go through the A-10C startup sequence I grin because it just seems so real.

F-15C seems really natural being that they already have the 6dof cockpit in FC3 and that it is not too complex to make it impossible to model (like the F-22 / F-35, which would take forever, would have lots of Top Secret issues, and frankly... would be boring to fight with).

I can't wait for the F-15C, it will be awesome if it is done to the same quality standards as the A-10C.

Regarding Flanker, Fulcrum... those would be awesome too, but here we are... and where we are is amazing and frankly, revolutionary!

Let's see how this Mig-21 goes when it is released and then hopefully with the revenue he can build another, even more amazing Eastern aircraft. I too love those birds and would love to fly them!

Of course.. it would be awesome if more effort was put towards adding more ArmA FPS style playability to "round-out" the SIM and allow for me to grab a MANPAD and shoot my jerkface friend down when he decides to give me an AIM-9 for no reason other than he's bored! (laugh)

Love it, love it, love it... okay... carry on with the complaining! :) j/k of course

Cheers

Edited by arteedecco

"Snipe"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OS => Win7 64-bit Ultimate | MOBO => ASUS M2N-SLI Deluxe | RAM => 8GB | VIDEO CARD => XFX ATI 4850 | CONTROLLER => Saitek X52 | DISPLAY => ASUS 25.5" 1600x1280 | HDD => 150GB WD Raptor (10K RPM)

And before that was the KA-50, before that it was the SU-25T, before that it was the Flankers and Mig with the later having capabilities that never went into serial aircraft, the F-15 was provided back then only as opponent aircraft (read: target). Infact out of the 9 flyable aircraft only 2 are american, 3 counting with the Mustang.

Eh eh eh, like you said, is "before", too much "before" for me! :D

All I'm going to say is that it's wrong to accuse ED of western bias.

I'm not, it's just my incurable need for Soviet junk ...

Many other peolpe can say the same about estern bias.

Edited by F l a n k e r

The F-15 finally got a treatment to get away from situation it was just a Su-27 clone with changed paramaters in order to play with the migs and suddenly ED is Biased? :) Those befores are adequate because untill FC3 is released as finished product this is still true since no 3rd parties have put forward a single american plane yet.

Edited by Pilotasso

My PC specs below:

Modules published or announced by ED (not counting pre-DCS ones, as they were only ported to DCS):

Ported or not, they're still in DCSW. I guess I know where you're coming from, and I'd like to see more eastern aircraft, but no need to make things seem worse than they are.

EAST:

> Ka-50

>Su-25T (if you're going to count F-15C cockpit as a module) with AFM that has been upgraded for DCSW. Much more significant than a cockpit I think. Su-25 also has AFM.

>and Nevada is located where? Right... in the USA music_whistling.gif

Where is the current map? Nevada just makes thing even.

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

Some good points there, Exorcet. But I meant it more like that:

The old FC2 aircraft are exactly that: Old. There's a chance ED will update them eventually, but right now, they are not up the current standart. Same is true for the current map.

Most of the upcoming DCS addons are western. We can clearly see main point of interest shifting from east towards west, which may be both good and bad. More western planes and maps? Sure, great! No more eastern ones? Aww...

I'm not blaming it on ED, nor 3rd party developers, nor anyone else. I was just pointing out the current trend I'm not happy with.