Aircraft Visibility

Dejjvid

Aircraft Visibility  

428 members have voted

1. 1. Aircraft Visibility

• Increase dot size.
    • It's perfect the way it is.
    • Increase far dot size and add a metal glare.

EDIT : double post

Edited by airdoc

The three best things in life are a good landing, a good orgasm, and a good bowel movement. The night carrier landing is one of the few opportunities in life to experience all three at the same time.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 559
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In a short time 4K resolution will become the norm and this won't be as much of an issue for flight sims. That's the solution more so than any type of icon or scaling feature.

Like 1080p gaming has become the norm? 'Cause reading through this thread has introduced me to a lot of people running at 720p or lower...

Methinks it's going to take quite a bit more time for 4K to become the norm than you're thinking.

Like 1080p gaming has become the norm? 'Cause reading through this thread has introduced me to a lot of people running at 720p or lower...

Methinks it's going to take quite a bit more time for 4K to become the norm than you're thinking.

It is already normal to find great 4K displays cheaply and when a price difference is like 50-100% at most it makes many wonder should it be bought. Like do you spend 450-500€ for 16:9 1920x1080 or 2560x1440 or 550-600€ to get UHD.

The limitations are in 3D card, do you have a HDMI 2.0 or Displayport to get easily 60Hz without dual-HDMI.

And if you use desktop applications a lot, 4K is even better.

What is only waiting is to get people update their monitors and that takes 3-5 years. And then it is very common to see 4K monitors, now it is just "not rare".

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

I just got my shipping notification for my Rift DK2. I'll report back how spotting air and ground targets is with the Rift...

Poll: bigger dots and metal glare! (+ smart scaling)

:pilotfly:

Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pedals, Oculus Rift

:joystick:

Whatever is done in iL2 COD seems to work I can spot aircraft and don't need labels. I need to zoom in to identify their shape and identify friend or foe which is how it should be. I think the glare helps as well.

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

I just got my shipping notification for my Rift DK2. I'll report back how spotting air and ground targets is with the Rift...

Poll: bigger dots and metal glare! (+ smart scaling)

Forget it. On current resolution we shouldn't judge visibility in the OCR.

Next generation hopefully yes.

4790K@4,6Ghz | EVGA Z97 Classified | 32GB @ 2400Mhz | Titan X hydro copper| SSD 850 PRO

Moments in DCS:

--> https://www.youtube.com/user/weltensegLA

-->

WELD's cockpit: --> http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=92274

Forget it. On current resolution we shouldn't judge visibility in the OCR.

Next generation hopefully yes.

You ain't gonna tell a man who just spent around 300 USD to forget it. :megalol:

If you want to talk to anyone about anything personal, send it to their PM box. Interpersonal drama and ad hominem rebuttal are things that do not belong on a thread viewed by the public.

One thing i have to point out... naming a thread.. "OK, so" is as useful as tits on a bull.

• 1 month later...

difficulties identifying enemy aircrafts.

Just a question here.

Dont you think extremely difficult to see enemy aircrafts from two or three kms? I think itnis a matter of the difumination. Isnt any mod to improve this? I dont want to cheat just to be a little more realistic.

Any comments?

i7-7700K @ 4.9Ghz | 16Gb DDR4 @ 3200Mhz | MSI Z270 Gaming M7 | MSI GeForce GTX 1080ti Gaming X | Win 10 Home | Thrustmaster Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Oculus Rift S

It is just an improvement opportunity.

I totally agree. :thumbup:

i7-7700K @ 4.9Ghz | 16Gb DDR4 @ 3200Mhz | MSI Z270 Gaming M7 | MSI GeForce GTX 1080ti Gaming X | Win 10 Home | Thrustmaster Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Oculus Rift S