Possible Aircraft shake when GAU-8 is Fired ?

[VAF] Shocker

Just shake your head in a violent manner when you fire it. Problem solved.

OMG you're a beast!!!! HEHEHEHEEEEE:lol:

One thing came to mind when you said it; Four Lions head shake..:thumbup:

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

I been on the ground when the gau-8 opens up. It's like zeus himself is mad and sent an evil dragon roaring through the sky. The sound is eery. Sounds like a roar to me. Glad it's on our side.

- Coffee Lake i7k @ 5.1GHz (delidded, custom loop)

- EVGA 1060 6GB (video card crisis purchase)

- 32GB DDR4 @ 3333 15 CAS

As the pilot's body shakes at the same frequency and amplitude as its aircraft, he should feel the vibration but not really 'see' it. Its eyes are 'syncronized' in shake with the hud's shake. Let's call that the Avenger's Harlem Shake ;)

DCS Wish: Turbulences affecting surrounding aircraft...

[sIGPIC] [/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3P - Intel Core i5 6600K - 16Gb RAM DDR4-2133 - Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 Gaming - 8 Go - 2 x SSD Crucial MX300 - 750 Go RAID0 - Screens: HP OMEN 32'' 2560x1440 + Oculus Rift CV1 - Win 10 - 64bits - TM WARTHOG #889 - Saitek Pro Rudder.

Its eyes are 'syncronized' in shake with the hud's shake.

Pretty sure it doesn't work like that.... You know, with how eyes and airframes have different damping and resonance properties, along with all those other crazy things that vibration depends upon. ;)

i5-4670K@4.5GHz / 16 GB RAM / SSD / GTX1080

Rift CV1 / G-seat / modded FFB HOTAS

Pretty sure it doesn't work like that.... You know, with how eyes and airframes have different damping and resonance properties, along with all those other crazy things that vibration depends upon. ;)

No, but you won't really notice it anyways. Your brain will adjust for vibration, so you won't really notice it.

If you aim for the sky, you will never hit the ground.

Sorry, and not trying to be rude but I gotta LOL at all the "experts" in this thread ;).

I actually asked a current A-10C pilot when he was flying our A-10C at a trade show whether we should add a little vibration to blur the view when firing the gun. He said no.

I've asked a handful of our pilots and have gotten basically a 50/50 answer. Some say you can feel it, others said no. The one thing all have said is the smell is overwhelming!

Sorry, and not trying to be rude but I gotta LOL at all the "experts" in this thread ;).

I've asked a handful of our pilots and have gotten basically a 50/50 answer. Some say you can feel it, others said no. The one thing all have said is the smell is overwhelming!

It's called common sense, a 30 mm round from a cannon will not cause an 11 ton aircraft to violently shake.

I am sure you might be able to feel it. But that is not seeing it, there is no way that firing this gun from this aircraft would shake it in any way that would be visible to the human eye.

Edited by Irregular programming

here is something to mimic the smell... you know these kid revolver pistols (with red 6 plastic pellets)??

Just have one handy in the throttle hand... pow pow pow pow pow pow... you'll have a room full of powder...

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

It's called common sense, a 30 mm round from a cannon will not cause an 11 ton aircraft to violently shake.

I am sure you might be able to feel it. But that is not seeing it, there is no way that firing this gun from this aircraft would shake it in any way that would be visible to the human eye.

I don't believe that people expect it to violently shake, a little vibration on top of the engines could be plausible. I'm sure if you had your head pinned back on the headrest, you would definitely see it then.

I say watch 3:10 through 3:35. I doubt he has any reason to lie, and the video pretty much speaks for itself.

Matz

AMD FX8350 @ 4.2Ghz x 8, Asus M5A99FX Pro UEFI Board, 16Gb RAM @1600Mhz, EVGA GTX660 2Gb DDR5, 120Gig Corsair SSD SATA3 Boot Drive, Dual Corsair SSD FORCE 60Gig for gaming, TM Warthog HOTAS and Cougars, Saitek Proflight Pedals, TrackIR 5 w/Pro Clip, and WAY Too much time on my hands. :pilotfly:

A 0.4 kilogram round being accellerated to 990m/s over a distance of just 2.3 metres. The gun supposedly has a recoil force equivalent to the weight-force of 4.5 tons on earths surface. Looking at that number, any vibration being absent must be credited to vibration damping mounts used for the gun, not the force being insignificant.

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

How about optional shake, just like the "head motion" option in the settings. I had to turn that off because it was making things disorienting.

The view already "shakes" in a subtle way with that setting enabled... Am I really the only person that's noticed this?

...Enable the "head movement from g-forces" checkbox in the options, fire the gun, look at the edges of your FOV (the edge of your screen, you don't have to pan your vitual head).

You can't miss the effect. ...or I'm completely insane

System specifications: Computer, joystick, DCS world, Beer

The view already "shakes" in a subtle way with that setting enabled... Am I really the only person that's noticed this?

...Enable the "head movement from g-forces" checkbox in the options, fire the gun, look at the edges of your FOV (the edge of your screen, you don't have to pan your vitual head).

You can't miss the effect. ...or I'm completely insane

I'm going to check this out, but if it's there, it wasn't noticeable for me!

Strike Posture Set CAS Center of Excellence

Intel Core i5 4690k @4,6Ghz, Gigabyte GTX 970 OC, Gigabyte Z97-X, 16GB G Skill Sniper @2400, Samsung 860/850 EVO , Win 10 64 bits, Dual monitors 27"@144"Opentrack + TM Warthog + Saitek pro flight combat 

Ok, shakes or no shakes... have any of you guys seen the Russian's heavy aircraft cannon? GSh-6-30 I'm sure that one shakes the plane and pilot noticeably! Supposedly to the point of damaging the airframe. :D

i5-4670K@4.5GHz / 16 GB RAM / SSD / GTX1080

Rift CV1 / G-seat / modded FFB HOTAS