F-18 grip, WARTHOG compatible

Many dreams would come true if you actually get these out on the market.....

Damn ninjas chopping onions again.... :')

i5-2400 | 16GB Corsair XMS3 | MSI GTX 970 4GB | 500GB Samsung 850 Evo | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog | Saitek Rudder Pedals | Windows 10 64 bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Best of luck! I do sense an aspect of this that makes it seem unrealistic, but the fact that you addressed the unruly masses with "enjoy the free show" honestly makes me think you understand that and might just pull it off. :)

...following with cautious optimism.

Skylake 6600K(4.5GHz) | EVGA GTX970 FTW | 16GB 2666 DDR4 Corsair Vengeance | MSI Z170A Krait | Windows 10 (64bit) | X52 Pro | TrackIR 5

Hawk T.1A | F-15C | F-86F | UH-1H | A-10C | P-51D | F-5E | M-2000C

USAF Pilot w/ T-6/T-38 Time

WWII plane specific 'hotas'

4_zps4lfimxvw.jpg~original

As P-51 "HOTAS" this will be very nice, but you can do something more generic for ones (WWII simmers) that don't want do a specific plane cockpit, but with the necessary levers for WWII planes for prop pitch, mixture, radiators...

VKB tease something in this way in this sketch:

http://forum.il2sturmovik.ru/uploads/monthly_02_2016/post-6112-0-82672000-1455392215.gif

Is possible notice (with imagination :D ) P-51/Fw 190 "heritage".... but don't pretend be a "replica" of actual plane controls.

Don't worry guys, I'm sure hegykc can get all this stuff ready for sale to match the release date of the DCS F-18 in a few years time ;)

Windows 10 - Intel i7 7700K 4.2 Ghz (no OC) - Asus Strix GTX 1080 8Gb - 16GB DDR4 (3000 MHz) - SSD 500GB + WD Black FZEX 1TB 6Gb/s

Awesome!! Is the entirely seperate HOTAS still a plan? With your own bases?

Can't wait.

And to all the people complaining that there are only renderings and no real pics, have you designed a product before? If so why not give him some advice or offer help? Seriously....

GeForce GTX 970, i5 4690K 3.5 GHz, 8 GB ram, Win 10, 1080p

And to all the people complaining that there are only renderings and no real pics, have you designed a product before? If so why not give him some advice or offer help? Seriously....

Is this a good landing? No?

0163806fc8606e1eeee75c81775e5faf.jpg

You don't necessarily need to have done something yourself to be able to judge someone else's performance.

This is not a commentary on hegykc's ability to deliver, just pointing out the fallacy of your argument. No offence intended.

That would be common knowledge and something very obvious. I don't think Computer Aided Design falls into that category.

But I'm all facts guys, show me that company that started with 1 product a few years ago, and grew to 10+ different categories and I'll drop all my nonsense and go their way.

VKB Stratojet? Slew Device? MFG? Mamba? BRD? Comodo Sim? TrackHat? DelanClip?

They're all stuck with their one or two products and months on the waiting list. Once you go sales, there's no going back to development unless you have a team of 10 engineers, product designers and a separate sales and support team. The company that accomplished the most has all their stuff either in "limited quantities" or "Out of stock". Why? They're selling like crazy, their growth should be exponential each year, yet they struggle to replace their product with another one of the same category, and each of their last year models goes out of production despite being a huge hit. They are stagnating despite great sales. Why? And what about those with amazing products but are not around anymore like Tarmac Aces and Galactic Pancakes? Amazing products, yet companies are out of business. Why no replacement grips from TM or another hotas? Because there is something wrong with the usual way of doing things. It clearly doesn't work. It might work for manufacturing tosters, but it doesn't work here. Whether you like it or not I am not going that way, not even for a try.

Opinions without backed up facts are of no interest to me. I gave you every small company out there today and they're all struggling despite their product being highly in demand. Show me one example of fact that disproves me, otherwise don't even waste your time to comment on my hilarious renders.

Good points, sir. But allow me to retort. While having only one product can be a weakness, its better than having zero.

Show me one company that had zero sales after inception.

I dont want to give you the wrong impression, and maybe you'll have the last laugh. I'd love to be wrong but the years are going by quicker and quicker and there's no sign that products making it to market is anywhere close. I'm excited for your products, but that excitement is years old and takes a lot of energy to maintain.

At what point can we expect a product of any kind to be on sale from you?

Sent while I should be working instead.

I started making plans for a company with a palette of products in February last year, 2015. So not even a full year has gone by.

The 3d shell model I offered for online printing in the first post of this thread was nothing more than a side project of a student engineer and has nothing at all to do with the situation now. Which is why I don't like this thread. It is completely misleading.

Edited by hegykc

But I'm all facts guys, show me that company that started with 1 product a few years ago

It's been more than a few years ago but Apple comes immediately to mind.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

It's been more than a few years ago but Apple comes immediately to mind.

Oh come on :lol: Really? That's what we're gonna compare study level military simulation products to? An iPhone :D Show me a market of a few billion study level military flight enthusiasts and sure I'll go with a single grip.

Save

Edited by hegykc

Oh come on :lol: Really? That's what we're gonna compare study level military simulation products to? An iPhone :D

You did not specify market, just starting conditions. Ford then.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Sorry :) As I said, the usual way works for manufacturing tosters (or smartphones) for the very reason that you're market is 7 billion people. It doesn't work here. That is, it works, but barely.

You must not have been alive in the 1970's.

EDIT: Besides, The size of the market is only relevant after you have a product on the market.

Edited by cichlidfan

hegykc,

Where did you bring that audacity from to patronize people and companies that have thus far showed proven high quality products that people actually use?

You want backed up facts Mr arrogance?

Here are a few:

1. Thus far, for more than 3 years ever since your first post on April 12th 2013, you have not sold one product to the public.

2. Thus far, for more than three years you have given the community nothing but words accompanied by pictures or sketches.

3. Your attitude towards other people in the community and companies that actually contribute products and not mere words is derogatory.

4. I ask here formally that the ED forum moderators either shut this thread down or take other disciplinary actions against you.

You wish to be great?

First be humble at the presence of others who have been giving this community so much more than what your thread had given thus far.

Edited by POLARIS1
  • Like 1

jgVplRQ.png

I started making plans for a company with a palette of products in February last year, 2015. So not even a full year has gone by.

The 3d shell model I offered for online printing in the first post of this thread was nothing more than a side project of a student engineer and has nothing at all to do with the situation now. Which is why I don't like this thread. It is completely misleading.

ccbb98e649c9c1aa380d815b8f810d5f.jpg

Maybe you made plans for a company in February of last year but this post is dated the 2013...your description sounds like more than a one man side project then.

Did I not say all these companies have great products? I specifically used that word. Great product and great sales. But that's exactly my point. They did such great work there should be even greater growth and success. I mean it.

I feel like a black sheep here, like I just told you that the earth is not the center of universe and I'm gonna get burned at the stake just for explaining my view.

It's my view, it's the way I'm gonna go, for the reasons and examples I mentioned. That's it. No arrogance, no bashing on others, no greatness. Just a guy trying to go a different way.

Edited by hegykc

When you say "we have people working on software solutions, graphics and art with you on the hardware", the bottom line becomes you've had a company, even if not an official one, working for 3+ years and have nothing sold.

Again, if your products come out, my dollars will support you, and I'd love to see some stuff but until then, you'll have to forgive my(and others) skepticism.

• Like 1

My post #417 from February 2015 is a picture of a first 3d printed mockup prototype, from my own 3d printer which proved to be above expectations. Which is when I realized I really could manufacture these grips myself. Yes I had people contributing drawings and firmware/electronics ideas. I picked up a name and designed a logo. No company, no team and no announcements. It's been even less then a year, I still worked on the grip for several months after that.

Then I looked at all the other small manufacturers and realized they're still on their first product with great sales, but no new categories. And I said I'm gonna see if things can be done differently. It has been less than a year from that point.

People ask for explanations I explain myself. I do get why developers go quiet now. You give updates it's bad, you don't it's bad :) And why am I being called out for promising stuff, I'm just a guy letting you know of his lonely progress trying to figure out a different way to get some products for us all. When I ask for your credit card number, you can raise some noise.

Those other companies you think I'm bashing on, they will be the first ones to benefit from my work and my sacrifice. I could have been just another competitor in this small market, instead I am trying to change the game for everyone. I can't manufacture all this myself fast enough and I'm not gonna go look inexperienced partners. They, all the other small manufacturers will be the first ones to get the designs that I don't have time for, they can even copy me from day one I don't have millions for patents, most of it is gonna be open source anyway.

Save

Edited by hegykc

Hegykc, sorry about people turning on you like this. Please don't take it as an indication of the whole community...

No one's "turning on him". But some of us who've been following this thread for 3 years are skeptical at this point.

Is this a good landing? No?

0163806fc8606e1eeee75c81775e5faf.jpg

You don't necessarily need to have done something yourself to be able to judge someone else's performance.

This is not a commentary on hegykc's ability to deliver, just pointing out the fallacy of your argument. No offence intended.

We are talking about a guy having his personally designed products delayed, my point is to stop bashing him and offer help.

GeForce GTX 970, i5 4690K 3.5 GHz, 8 GB ram, Win 10, 1080p

I continue to support your vision, and by they way you are not slower than some modules, so luckily for you, you are at an acceptable pace compared to DCS MODULE developments;)

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Tempered Glass, Asus ROG Maximus IX Hero, Intel i7 7700K @ 4.8, Corsair HX 1000i, Nzxt Kraken 62, 32gb DDR4 3000Mhz Corsair Dominator Platinum, Nvme SSD Samsung 960 Evo 1Tb, Asus Strix OC 1080ti, Philips 43" 4K Monitor + 2 x Dell 24" U2414H, Warthog HOTAS, Track IR 5, Obutto R3volution, Buttkicker Gamer 2, MFG Crosswind pedals, Occulus Rift CV1, Windows 10 Pro.

No one's "turning on him". But some of us who've been following this thread for 3 years are skeptical at this point.

Indeed. I also would love to see all, or even some, of this happen. I am just voicing some healthy skepticism.