F-18 grip, WARTHOG compatible

Hey Hegykc,

Any news or update on the head tracker?

You neither spoke much abt it nor did u post any render pics.

I believe that's one product that most of us are eagerly waiting for as TrackIR is unreasonably expensive... Especially outside US...

Can u share the progress on that piece?

Sent from my A210 using Tapatalk

Check Six!!!_:gun_sniper:_:pilotfly:

||R7-2700X||ASUS ROG STRIX-X470F Gaming||GSKILL-TridentZRGB 16GBDDR4 3200C14||CORSAIR RM 1000X||SAPPHIRE RX 7900 XTX 24GB OC||WARTHOG HOTAS||:gun_smilie:

Doing some last minute inventory, it's a very small part of probably every kind of switch/push button/lcd/duino/display there is. My machinery/tooling is packed up to make room for testing and assembling. I have scheduled industrial machine time in a local entrepreneur center, and will be doing my machining there, daily, so I should be posting progress pictures of actual prototypes every day.

20160717_212638_zpsewksc7v8.jpg~original

I'm just waiting on my large order of acrylic and I'll be on my way. I have some on stock so I will post some pics first thing this week, but most of it is either wrong thickness or wrong color so I need the new order to come in. The real influx of stuff will happen after that. All of the renders are actually cad files ready for machining, and all the electronics I have been collecting for a year now, so as soon as my acrylic comes in, I go supercharged.

There are several simple products that I will put up for sale first, before moving on to more complex stuff. And that's how I plan to move forward, manufacture the prototypes in order of less complexity so that they can go for sale asap and fuel further progress. That's why the grips had to move a few steps down in the priority list, there are far less complex things missing on the market and they are a great opportunity for quick and steady income, to fuel further growth of the more complex stuff, and to make the more complex stuff cheaper.

All this stuff will need arduino/dcs-bios programming so I'll need big help on that front. I'm already in contact with several members of this community and I'll open threads for certain prototypes so be ready to join in. I will of course reward any effort to help.

Let's do this! :pilotfly:

Save

Edited by hegykc

I'm wondering what you are talking about by less complex things. Like the warthog TDC mod?

Also, poor warthog without a spring!

A bolt-on replacement gimbal for the Warthog, you guessed it! :)

In addition to that, the trackir unit and some other small but very important stuff. It'll be clearer in the upcoming days. The grips will move in as soon as there are 2-3 of this less complex products for sale. Especially something like the bolt-on Warthog gimbal kit, as it doesn't require any post-manufacturing work from me, or customer support with firmware and such.

Save

Edited by hegykc

As I said before, as soon as you sell the gimbal for the hog, youll have my money. Have you any idea when your first few products will go up for sale?

Sent while I should be working instead.

I am making several units for testing tomorrow. After a quick test, I only need to cut more, it's a simple kit, like an extension so they don't require workers for assemlby or extra time from me. There should be no delays on that one. This month or the next. It's No.1 priority for me at this point. I'll be happiest if I can start selling them tomorrow.

I am making several units for testing tomorrow. After a quick test, I only need to cut more, it's a simple kit, like an extension so they don't require workers for assemlby or extra time from me. There should be no delays on that one. This month or the next. It's No.1 priority for me at this point. I'll be happiest if I can start selling them tomorrow.

Thank you Hegykc, most of us have kept the faith and we can see light at the end of the tunnel. Looking forward to seeing what you produce. Anything that enhances our sim experience will be a plus. I can only speak for myself but price is not the issue, quality is. Love quality and items that feel like replica's. I think it is the one thing I like about the warthog, the stick feels great in your hand (not in a rude way). :thumbup:

InWin S Frame with Asus Z170 | i7-6700K @ 4.5 Water Cooled CPU and Graphics | 16GB DDR4 | GTX1070 | 240GB M.2 SSD | Warthog Hotas | MFG Crosswind | 40" Samsung 4K | CV1 | Replica MB Mk10 Ejection Seat with Gametrix 908

The second theyre available, I'll buy one and be happy to give constructive feedback.

Same. Ready for a gimbal and TIR headpiece right now!

Planning a meeting between Sugru and my broken track clip as I type this. :helpsmilie:

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Interesting. I don't recall seeing the gimbal in the thread before. Best of luck!

Looking forward to it.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

Wow so much harsh criticism and nitpicking in the last 10 pages.....I don't understand. Has anyone lost money? No.

Nah, that was my fault, as usual :) I try to offer a more detailed explanation in a hurry but don't re-read before posting and some of my views get misunderstood. Reading some of the posts back to myself, I totally see how it can seem hostile and disrespectful when I talk about other small manufacturers and such. Which is not at all what I am about, it just comes out wrong.

Pictures of the gimbal prototype tomorrow I think. I made a few today but they need some tweaks.

Save

I will also buy one as soon as they are ready, good luck:thumbup:

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Tempered Glass, Asus ROG Maximus IX Hero, Intel i7 7700K @ 4.8, Corsair HX 1000i, Nzxt Kraken 62, 32gb DDR4 3000Mhz Corsair Dominator Platinum, Nvme SSD Samsung 960 Evo 1Tb, Asus Strix OC 1080ti, Philips 43" 4K Monitor + 2 x Dell 24" U2414H, Warthog HOTAS, Track IR 5, Obutto R3volution, Buttkicker Gamer 2, MFG Crosswind pedals, Occulus Rift CV1, Windows 10 Pro.

Nah, that was my fault, as usual :) I try to offer a more detailed explanation in a hurry but don't re-read before posting and some of my views get misunderstood. Reading some of the posts back to myself, I totally see how it can seem hostile and disrespectful when I talk about other small manufacturers and such. Which is not at all what I am about, it just comes out wrong.

Pictures of the gimbal prototype tomorrow I think. I made a few today but they need some tweaks.

Save

:thumbup:Cool,I l@@k forward to the new pictures:thumbup:

Patrick

mini.gif

Save

Hey also please post the head tracker progress pics mate...

Sent from my A210 using Tapatalk

Check Six!!!_:gun_sniper:_:pilotfly:

||R7-2700X||ASUS ROG STRIX-X470F Gaming||GSKILL-TridentZRGB 16GBDDR4 3200C14||CORSAIR RM 1000X||SAPPHIRE RX 7900 XTX 24GB OC||WARTHOG HOTAS||:gun_smilie:

Hegykc, where is your own throttle/stick base in your plans now? Is that after the grips you have planned? Or do the new grips include that? I'm not talking about the chair mount but the desktop base. (While I am interested in the chair mount too)

GeForce GTX 970, i5 4690K 3.5 GHz, 8 GB ram, Win 10, 1080p

Would this "Bolt on gimbal" Solve the warthog's stickion issues? If so Sign me up!!!!!

Also very interested to see what becomes of your awesome chair mount render you showed awhile ago. Would compliment my simpit (desk) very well!

Good luck to you hegykc! :thumbsup:

Come fly with me, lets fly, lets fly away! -Sinatra

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My Specs: Lenovo Y50 with GTX 860m (2GB), i7 4700HQ 2.4GHz, 8GB Ram. Corsair K70(MX Blues are awesome!), Benq GW2760HS monitor, Steelseries V3 Prism headset, TM Warthog Hotas, Sidewinder FFB2 W/ FLCS grip, CH Pro pedals, TrackIR5, KW-908 Jetseat

Wow so much harsh criticism and nitpicking in the last 10 pages.....I don't understand. Has anyone lost money? No.

Good luck Hegykc :)

Maybe it's the emotional attachment that leads to feelings of "abandonment"? I know there was some back and forth with Lynx (which he addressed a few posts up) but it wasn't related to what hegykc's trying to produce. So I'll go back to people being emotionally invested. :D:cry::music_whistling:

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

Would this "Bolt on gimbal" Solve the warthog's stickion issues? If so Sign me up!!!!!

Also very interested to see what becomes of your awesome chair mount render you showed awhile ago. Would compliment my simpit (desk) very well!

Good luck to you hegykc! :thumbsup:

waiting the answer too, for sure count me in if yes

i7-6700K | MSI Z170A Gaming M7 | Dominator 32GB 3000MHz | MSI GTX 1070 GAMING Z | 2TB SSD & 1TB HDD | Acer H277HU 27" WQHD | Audeze Mobius | TM Warthog | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR 5 | Windows 10 Pro

I wonder if it would be possible to make a reasonably priced MFCD. One complete unit that is plug and play. With the TM MFD's it's just the bezel and nothing on the market really fit's within the bezel dimensions.

I travel for a living, so having a compact, plug and play option would be great. Combine that with the ultra mfcd software and you've got a winner! LOL. They would't have to be the exact size of the real one's either. They could be bigger.

Just an idea.

Your Search-Fu is far better than mine!

*this has 'nothing' to do with warthog replacement grips, but I'll open a gimbal dedicated thread when I get the final version of the product, and leave it in here for now

This is an almost final, but very roughly assembled prototype, basic and pro version, everything is functional but nothing is aligned yet. Shock dampers are skewed because they're missing correct length spacers, bolts are not correct length, colors are wrong etc. But this is the design. Warthog spring is removed in 2min with no modifications, it comes out by itself when you unscrew the top 8 bolts deactivating the original gimbal completely, and this is bolted on your extension in another 5min. I have also a design for stock Warthog without an extension. Everything will be anodized aluminum with some really sick color options.

This completely eliminates the ridiculous hard center detent and overpowers the sticktion problem. I am making tweaks daily. They should be for sale by the next month which would be August. I am hoping for 30 - 75 dollar price mark, depending on the version you need. Usually I would go for sub 30 dollars tops, but this is my very own kickstarter. You buy this, you get on the Replika Simulation Gear founders list. This and a couple of other simple products is going to fuel the development of everything else. The pro version with shocks has replacable springs for different forces, replacable shock oil and piston rings for different damping effects, adjustable spring pre-tension, and the whole unit has adjustable height. So you can have different strength force and damping on pitch up, pitch down, and roll, just like in a real aircraft.

I wouldn't even show this mess, but you asked for it :) In a week or two I'll have the final version with some really bad-ass color options and all the matching components.

3_zpsiykzzywe.jpg~original

IR tracking unit will be prototyped right after this. I have MFCDs and everything else designed, but every component need a couple hundred $$$ for prototyping and tweaks. I have more than a 100 components developed by now so I need to start selling something to fund the rest, but rest assured the final goal is full blown cockpits.

Save

Edited by hegykc

Oh,,,,,,, Gimbals, Gimbals, Gimbals,,,,,, Like a dog waiting for his bone!

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle